IGNORED

Audirvana Origin

How does this compare to JRvier - just asking.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

21 hours ago, botrytis said:

How does this compare to JRvier - just asking.

JRiver has multi-media capabilities and many more features, whereas this is just for music libraries.  I think it sounds better than JRiver, so do a lot of people.  You can do a trial and see for yourself.

21 minutes ago, Dandou said:

The good news is that the analysis of the albums does not exist in Origin. 

As a result, there are no bios. 

UHH, you mean Kernel. A BIOS is Basic Input Output System. All PC's have them, even Apple.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

26 minutes ago, Dandou said:

No… I meant that there is no display of the biographies of the artists. 

BIO's not BIOS - lol 

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

2 hours ago, Dandou said:

$89.99 or €89.99

thought Audirvana was an EU company as, usually, it's american ones that do "translate" 1$ to 1€ but... 

looks I was wrong 😛

🙄

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

18 minutes ago, swordpen said:

Why are you lolling? "bios" was 100% correct. Apostrophes do not connote plural unless used incorrectly.

No - the thing is I have been working on a PC, fixing it, so BIOS, is what I was thinking of not BIOs or BIO's (which is correct in English). I was laughing at myself really not you.

If I can't laugh at my own foibles, I need to hang things up.

I meant no offense - just laughing at myself.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Would this have helped? 🤣

D'Oh! Doh GIF - The Simpsons Homer Simpson Doh - Discover & Share GIFs

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Back on the topic of Origin: Yes, I am thoroughly disgusted by the upgrade offer. It is not our fault that Antoine painted himself into a corner with that whole "free upgrades for life" statement. It was a selling point that resulted in plenty of sales. How many gave up on Amarra because of the nickel & diming on upgrades? I know I did.

If Antoine charged $49 for the upgrade to v4, I suspect a good majority of the user base would have gone along with that. A more eye-pleasing interface and proper sort options for the library were enough goodness to justify opening one's wallet. As it is some will very reluctantly fork over the $89 as those two features are critical. As for losing access to Tidal and Quboz? One could still use A3.5 for that. Not as if it will stop working. (Though who knows with future Apple OS updates...)

I tried to install the software and it faults out, saying I have no account (I do), etc. This type of problem gives me pause as I want try first, before buying. If I can't try it, FUHGETABOUTIT.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Dandou-- It was the whole "lifetime subscription" debacle. When Studio was released, they started spouting: "Oh, we meant lifetime access for the version you bought, that's all you get."

Except: I have plenty of "lifetime subscriptions" which mean exactly that. Continuing upgrades through the life of the product. They specify between a Basic license (lower cost / upgrades for one year) and Lifetime license (higher cost / unlimited upgrades). No funny business.

21 minutes ago, swordpen said:

Except: I have plenty of "lifetime subscriptions" which mean exactly that. Continuing upgrades through the life of the product.

At its release, a year ago, AS was so buggy that no one would have bought an expensive lifetime subscription for it. 

16 minutes ago, Dandou said:

At its release, a year ago, AS was so buggy that no one would have bought an expensive lifetime subscription for it. 

At its release, a year ago, AS is was so buggy that no one would have bought an expensive lifetime subscription for it.

Bringing the situation up to date 😒

Installing Origin , 9TB of lossless files over the network being indexed, with 80% on the one drive still to finish, now running about 15minutes. Average network traffic is 200Mb/s peaking to 500 Mb/s.  No progress bar, occasional screen resizes, Minimserver would have finished by now.

image.thumb.png.ec2f615b02fc6f0021cf7bfb1df39f1b.png

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

6 minutes ago, One and a half said:

At its release, a year ago, AS is was so buggy that no one would have bought an expensive lifetime subscription for it.

Bringing the situation up to date 😒

Installing Origin , 9TB of lossless files over the network being indexed, with 80% on the one drive still to finish, now running about 15minutes. Average network traffic is 200Mb/s peaking to 500 Mb/s.  No progress bar, occasional screen resizes, Minimserver would have finished by now.

image.thumb.png.ec2f615b02fc6f0021cf7bfb1df39f1b.png

Daphile does 6TB in 3-5 minutes. JRiver does it in 7 minutes. Volumio does not recognize all of my 6TB of music and no response from them.

I can't get this software to work and to me that is a red flag. 

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590