IGNORED

Audirvana Origin

11 minutes ago, matthias said:

Why do people who want to stream get the penalty of a subscription model with Audirvana and people who want to organize their library can buy the software?

This is beyond my understanding and doesn't make sense at all.

What about Audirvana Origin for streaming only and not for local files, that would be something nice.......:-)

Matt

Not sure what to say and why it is, maybe to do with licensing fees? I mean Volumio does the same, if you want to use the software on more than one PC, but they don't care streaming or not, they charge monthly, yearly, etc.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

11 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Not sure what to say and why it is, maybe to do with licensing fees? I mean Volumio does the same, if you want to use the software on more than one PC, but they don't care streaming or not, they charge monthly, yearly, etc.

You might be right about licensing fees, but do exist comparisons about the SQ of the Qobuz desktop app vs. Audirvana? Does Audirvana really sound better?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

4 minutes ago, matthias said:

Does Audirvana really sound better?

image.jpeg.1b6af589ac648aaeb2e3992fc169b70a.jpeg

😉

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

1 minute ago, matthias said:

Haha, I mean streaming from Qobuz. :-)

image.thumb.jpeg.70f0c78228cc655e653439ea559cef2a.jpeg

😛

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

1 minute ago, pl_svn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.70f0c78228cc655e653439ea559cef2a.jpeg

😛

I have it installed and cannot start my free trial, as it says my account doesn't exist, so I don't know how it sounds. At this point, after trying to get it to work all weekend, I have given up on Audivana and seems to have lost another customer, in me.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

20 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I have it installed and cannot start my free trial, as it says my account doesn't exist, so I don't know how it sounds. At this point, after trying to get it to work all weekend, I have given up on Audivana and seems to have lost another customer, in me.

What happens when you try to create an account?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What happens when you try to create an account?

I have an account and can go on the website with no issues. It is when I go to log into the Audirvana for the first time and it says I do not exist. Nothing I do can change that.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You aren't talking about the Audirvana forum account right? Just checking :~)

I can really only deal with one feedback forum at a time. I am currently dealing with the Volumio forum, as I had issues with that OS/Software and currently trying to see if there is a way to get that to work. For Volumio 3, not indexing all the files I have on my Music HD, is an issue. Volumio told me they are working on it but I am waiting for their answer first.

Usually, demo installations are cut and dry and I have installed software, for demos, on other PC's that would make your hair curl, how hard they were to get in (I am talking about Scientific software here). 

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

8 hours ago, Dandou said:

Yes, this is a practical feature, and it's good that Audirvana added it to the player. 

Unfortunately, it's not really useful for the albums of classical music. 

It can certainly get complicated for classical. What I did in my directory structure for classical was arrange albums in the way I remembered them. For example, I like Jordi Savall very much, so all of his albums, no matter which composer’s music he is playing, are in subfolders under the Jordi Savall folder. But I might (and do) have other conductors’, artists’, and orchestras’ versions of Beethoven symphonies in subfolders under the Beethoven folder, for example.

This structure reflects the way I remember and look for these various classical pieces, and therefore using File Location in Audirvana does as well.

Of course others may have so many classical pieces that remembering any sort of organizational structure becomes impossible.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, Jud said:

It can certainly get complicated for classical. What I did in my directory structure for classical was arrange albums in the way I remembered them. For example, I like Jordi Savall very much, so all of his albums, no matter which composer’s music he is playing, are in subfolders under the Jordi Savall folder. But I might (and do) have other conductors’, artists’, and orchestras’ versions of Beethoven symphonies in subfolders under the Beethoven folder, for example.

This structure reflects the way I remember and look for these various classical pieces, and therefore using File Location in Audirvana does as well.

Of course others may have so many classical pieces that remembering any sort of organizational structure becomes impossible.

I also keep my classical music in a similar way. Many albums are arranged by composer. Others are grouped together, because they belong to performers that I love. 

But I have quite a lot of classical music, so it is difficult to find the albums through a folder structure. I can not remember in which CD is stored a given work of Bach or Mozart in a Box Set of 30 or 40 CDs. 

1 hour ago, falco henri said:

I tried AS and AO and in my system they sound not so good than Roon... But for me pureasioplayer IS the best sounding player. No library management but the best for audio quality

Although I do not use Roon, I agree with the comparison with PureAsioPlayer (PAP). Maybe it is better to separate the audio part from the library management. I do not know any SW that combines the management prowess of JRiver with the pristine audio of PAP.

audio system

16 minutes ago, falco henri said:

I love the way that jriver manage my audio library and I m using it with the album player renderer with asio diretta to my diretta target on my allo usbridge SIG running gentooplayer. But now for my FLAC or wave files i use PureAudioPlayer with asio diretta.

Interestingly we seem to have arrived at similar -- and not the most popular -- conclusions:

I also use JRiver for my audio library and play music in either of the following ways, with increasing SQ:

(1) JRiver (PC) > UPnP > Album Player renderer (NUC) > Diretta > Afterdark Rosanna (RPi4)

(2) Album Player (NUC) > Diretta > Afterdark Rosanna (RPi4)

(3) PureAsioPlayer (NUC) > Diretta > Afterdark Rosanna (RPi4)

Convolution (room correction) and upsampling (mostly to DSD256) are either applied by JRiver (offline for 3) or Album Player. Rosanna runs GentooPlayer.

It now seems that AO (still on trial) will not be able to add anything to the above.

audio system

8 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

(1) JRiver (PC) > UPnP > Album Player renderer (NUC) > Diretta > Afterdark Rosanna (RPi4)

(2) Album Player (NUC) > Diretta > Afterdark Rosanna (RPi4)

(3) PureAsioPlayer (NUC) > Diretta > Afterdark Rosanna (RPi4)

In your streaming path, do you run Windows or a Linux distribution on your NUC? 

38 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Software designed for people around the globe, who like every kind of music ever made, and have the highest standard for sound quality, is hard. 

Totally agree here, but add sound quality should be part and parcel of the software.

There is way more complicated software out there, talkong about scientific software and that works fine. 

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm sure they don't have users complaining :~)

They all do. Mostly what they say is tough. Serious.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

4 minutes ago, Dandou said:

Which of your players do you use for the upsampling? 

see above:

30 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

Convolution (room correction) and upsampling (mostly to DSD256) are either applied by JRiver (offline for 3) or Album Player.

Both players seem to do a good job upsampling (and convolution for that matter). I do not hear any difference either way in setup (1).

audio system