IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

I just noticed that Studio, without any notification, has been systematically been modifying my audio files, presumably updating them with the result of the "analysis" process that's going on in the background. This is a total no-go for me. It's fine for me to capture information in the A+ library, but actively modifying audio files is an absolute no go. 

I won't be using Studio any more until there's a clear opt out possibility for this. I recommend everybody to do the same.

Here's what somebody else found (from the Audirvana community forum):

"I ran a diff on the backup of my library against the copy Audirvana Studio was running against. This found it had, so far, updated just over 5,000 files (in about 20 hours). And on inspecting and of those changed files directly, and with a non-Audirvana metadata editors, clearly shows the addition of the MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID tag."

29 minutes ago, Jud said:

Would you happen to know if there are ways to ignore this particular change in rclone and Chronosync, the two backup apps I use most often? Otherwise I can ask on forums or customer support.

I'm just running my regular backup with CCC. And every single file that Studio modified is being backed up.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, audiojerry said:

I have been trying out AS for a couple of weeks. Sounds great, but user interface is disappointing, and has too many bugs to list.

What is most disappointing is the lack apparent lack of concern from the company. There seems to be no interest by the company to respond to or address any issues currently being raised by users.  They make a big show around the launch of an "exciting new product", offer a 30 day trial, and then they disappear. 

It feels like a desperate attempt to generate income with no long term planning for support or to even be around in the near future. Has Audirvana appointed no one to monitor this forum or Audirvana'a own forum to respond to all the many concerns?    

The problem remains that Audirvana is a very small company, while not a one man show any more with Damien, I think they basically only have a very small handful of people working on these releases. I had some reactions by Damien, the owner, directly on their Community forum. 

I expect the trial to be given some extension time given that the remote isn't out there yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

My trial was running out tomorrow so I took the plunge and purchased the discounted 1st year subscription. 

I still would have preferred to test the remote app, but as a desktop version 1.4 it is actually quite stable on my Macbook now, so I give Damien the benefit of doubt in spite of the initial Musicbrainz analysis disaster.