IGNORED

So I've had an EtherRegen in rack for 2 weeks...

2 hours ago, plissken said:

Because twice now in recent weeks I've been literally hours in helping members here un-f setups that other luddites led them into. This is real in the seat time, on the phone, remoted in. Most have zero idea of what they are doing.

What would be the reasoning for not pushing back?

Mark, I do  - and I would assume many people around here - appreciate very much your support & your skills re: Networking. I think your activity helping the guys here is outstanding!

If I am not mistaken, a misconfigured network has no subjectivist side to it  ... and does not even offer tube like distorted harmonics to be marketed ;-)

People not knowing what they are doing is unlike believing in unicorns or elf's magic dust, in my opionion.
However, in this forum, people often ask for support in order to get a better understanding or for rescue out of a problematic situation they coldn't solve alone.

The reason for not pushing back - unless they are not trying to overtake your opinion or the asylum as a whole - is that people should be allowed - per se - to enjoy an educative & informationial journey which leads them to the path of universal widsom (or not).
Killing people's fun with direct action may be five minutes of fame but it changes not that much on a global scale, objectively.

I would assume, a part of this hobby is for some like a return to a happy childhood or to what they may assume how it should look like, and this is - imho - exactly the vulnerability which is often used to sell them unicorns. Most of them are aware of that risk and willing to take it. They are not starving  and forced to give their last shirt for lead contamined water.

Oh no not this again, sorry @The Computer Audiophilefor opening this can of worms again. 
@smodtactical you see audiophile switches are a bit of a discussion in audio land. You can do two things try one and listen or don’t bother with it. 
My experience is that the Etherregen did it’s thing with SQ and even more when I added the modded Buffalo switch (same as Melco audiophile switch). Streaming Qobuz.

And for even more unicorns with wings even SFP modules sound different. 😇

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

1 hour ago, plissken said:

I don't get involved in power cable threads, I don't get involved in DSD vs PCM threads, I don't get involved in USB cable threads. There's a lot that make choices not to engage in.

Networking however is something I understand, something I can explain how it works, and relatively efficient use of my time to correct the misconceptions about.

Your readers, and I know of two of them in the past weeks, who are much better off for it. While you seem to want to take me to task over knowing something about networking and able to resolve issues, just like ASR isn't taking on Tidal/MQA, I would rather, just like you and Tidal, find the root cause and push back.

ASR isn't taking on MQA b/c "scientific" Amir can't stand Bob Stuart being criticized. Talks about what an audio genius he is, and ergo, MQA is great and can't be criticized - even the "science" of it can't be challenged. He totally over reacted to people who questioned MQA, Bob's motives, and the deceptive marketing of it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 minute ago, firedog said:

ASR isn't taking on MQA b/c "scientific" Amir can't stand Bob Stuart being criticized. Talks about what an audio genius he is, and ergo, MQA is great and can't be criticized - even the "science" of it can't be challenged. He totally over reacted to people who questioned MQA, Bob's motives, and the deceptive marketing of it.

Following ASR as well, I think that he would cut himself a leg off (with the manufacturers that excel in his tests)  if he would allow reasonable MQA critical facts. Undoubtly he does not drink the cool aid and laudates the advantages of MQA implementations with full amplitude during his tests, maybe in order to keep a (odd) balance, but it's that sort of balance that I would call business model because it is interest driven and may lack objectivity. A strategy of truce ...

1 minute ago, soares said:

Why am receiving this in my mail folder? I never subscribe to it and it’s polluting my ears. I don’t need any measurements to hear what the eR did to my system. If in doubt, drop a couple of regulators after your LPS. You will hear the difference due to the noise reduction. If you’re in doubt add also a clock to your eR. You will hear a difference due to the reduction of jitter. It’s so simple and so objective. The eR was the most effective device I ever experienced raising the SQ of my equipment. I do not wish to add anything. Just amazing. To the people that don’t hear a difference, 3 types of explanation: i) you have an extraordinary equipment, ii) your equipment is not sufficiently resolving, iii) I reserve the thoughts for myself. Well done Alex and John! Thank you for the eR!

You have several posts in this thread and have been subscribed to the thread because of this.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Whoops, I didn’t notice that this is @plissken’s thread otherwise I wouldn’t have reacted. Sorry @plissken.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

19 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You have several posts in this thread and have been subscribed to the thread because of this.

Thank’s Chris for the explanation!

Kind regards, 

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.