IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

Tried a hard reboot and got a wall of text on the left of the screen.  As the wall of text is scrolling it goes completely blank before I can interact with it.  Waited 10 minutes but nothing, screen totally black and unresponsive.  Other inputs to screen working as normal.

Hi,

Really impresssed with the SQ uplift adding the USBridge sig to my Digione sig. Well done Allo!

Just one problem, I would like to test the USB output. As my DAC has no USB input, I am using an USB-SPDIF converter. But neither the Art Legato or Ciunas Converters work with the USBridge.

Are such devices supported?

I have now tried another hard reboot, this time connected to a different TV as the screen.  Same result, wall of text with 4 raspberries at top left, scrolls down and then the screen goes completely black and unresponsive.

On all occasions my DAC is connected and it shows "DSD512" on its display whenever the USBridge Sig is powered up.  It is only when I turn the Shanti off that the DAC display changes to "----" which is what it shows when it does not see any digital input connected eg USB direct from laptop.

20 minutes ago, Heckyman said:

Hi,

Really impresssed with the SQ uplift adding the USBridge sig to my Digione sig. Well done Allo!

Just one problem, I would like to test the USB output. As my DAC has no USB input, I am using an USB-SPDIF converter. But neither the Art Legato or Ciunas Converters work with the USBridge.

I've used the USBridge Signature with a few different USB-SPDIF converters without issues, but I don't have the ones you have.

I'm guessing there might be something you need to toggle on the software side to select USB as the audio output choice.  What OS and player are you using?

8 minutes ago, clipper said:

I've used the USBridge Signature with a few different USB-SPDIF converters without issues, but I don't have the ones you have.

I'm guessing there might be something you need to toggle on the software side to select USB as the audio output choice.  What OS and player are you using?

Thanks, using Moode (MPD)

1 hour ago, colhd said:

Tried a hard reboot and got a wall of text on the left of the screen.  As the wall of text is scrolling it goes completely blank before I can interact with it.  Waited 10 minutes but nothing, screen totally black and unresponsive.  Other inputs to screen working as normal.

Hi

check that AC voltage selector (Shanti) is correct . If thats fine , flash again Moode.

Voltage selector on Shanti is correct.

By flash Moode, do you mean reboot or download a fresh copy of Moode to the microSD card?  If it is the latter, exactly which version of Moode do I use (I have never done this, using the microSD card Allo supplied with Moode already installed).

1 hour ago, Heckyman said:

Hi,

Yes they should work. Did you chose USB output on your OS ?

37 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Please use the Moode direct from moode website latest version.

Is Shanti powering with 3A your USBridge Sig ?

I am finally getting somewhere.  Needed a hard reset as the "ACT" light was solid red for a few minutes but reboot worked.  RPi is definitely not Plug n Play!

Yes, Shanti 3A being used.

I will check that Moode is updated.

15 hours ago, colhd said:

I have now tried another hard reboot, this time connected to a different TV as the screen.  Same result, wall of text with 4 raspberries at top left, scrolls down and then the screen goes completely black and unresponsive.

On all occasions my DAC is connected and it shows "DSD512" on its display whenever the USBridge Sig is powered up.  It is only when I turn the Shanti off that the DAC display changes to "----" which is what it shows when it does not see any digital input connected eg USB direct from laptop.

If you are getting test while boot up means it is booting properly ,After that screen will go blank. For getting login screen you need to press Ctrl+Alt+F2 keys together in keyboard.

Then you need to enter ssh login credentials

username (login) : pi

password : moodeaudio

After login you can enter below command to find out the IP address of device

ifconfig

Then enter IP address on web browser for accessing moode audio web GUI ,also you can access by entering   http://moode.local in web browser

(Use http://moode.local or IP address, whichever works on your network. Typically,
Android OS will only work with IP address)

16 hours ago, allo.com said:

Yes they should work. Did you chose USB output on your OS ?

@Allo. Would it be possible for you guys to write a driver for a “USBridgeSig+DigiOneSig” combination that would have both the clean USB O/P and the SPDIF O/P running at the same time, or does the architecture preclude that possibility?

6 hours ago, suzywong said:

I do not own an USBridge Sig but I would expect it to behave like an RPi in this respect. Why should the USBridge Sig require a specific driver for the OS to recognize that two (or more) sound cards (in the specific case, the DigiOne Signature and the one connected to the "clean" USB output of the USBridge Sig) are available?

When I connect a USB DAC to the RPi that hosts my DigiOne Signature, I see two sound cards. I would expect the same to happen when one replaces the RPi with a USBridge Sig.

When accessing my USBridge Sig via the web, I saw there is an update available for DietPi. I started the update via SSH, but unfortunately, somewhere in the whole update process, it hung itself up. Worse still, it completely ruined my Terminal app (Mac). I had to download iTerm2 to gain access to a few things. Still have to figure out how to cure my Terminal app. So far it is unusable.

It's a nuisance that updates are available that don't work and, even worse, affect one's system!

I have this also .. When I first turned on the USB bridge with DietPi and make a update.

This is why I turned to Ropieee,i want only roon and not other things in my signal way..  I want no hdmi or other things play on the background.. Although I have read that you can turn it off in DietPi. 

Later I go  try it with DietPi. 

Now I have a week my usb bridge  play with the Shanti,with Ropieee

It's amazing beautiful what it do to my hegel. 

I really don't want to do anything anymore.

It plays so musical, everything can I play..

Normal u must set good recordings, now I can everything listen... It is dancing now  to my speakers 🎻🎶

Only I look to the Digione signature,Maybe 😀think I go try it later this month on the USB bridge. 

I'm happy now with the Shanti, usb bridge signature. 

5 hours ago, nbpf said:

I do not own an USBridge Sig but I would expect it to behave like an RPi in this respect. Why should the USBridge Sig require a specific driver for the OS to recognize that two (or more) sound cards (in the specific case, the DigiOne Signature and the one connected to the "clean" USB output of the USBridge Sig) are available?

When I connect a USB DAC to the RPi that hosts my DigiOne Signature, I see two sound cards. I would expect the same to happen when one replaces the RPi with a USBridge Sig.

Maybe it’s MoodeAudio, or my configuration. My default config is to run SPDIF from the DigiOneSig to the nDAC. So in Moode I have the I2S Audio Device set to “Allo DigiOne Signature”

As a very quick experiment, I connected up my old V-DAC2/V-PSU to the Clean USB output on the USBridgeSig and thence to my NAC82.

I found that I could get sound via SPDIF but not via USB, unless I changed the I2S Audio Device setting to “None” and rebooted. 

I confess I didn’t spend too much time on it. So perhaps I screwed something up. I’ll give it another try tomorrow.

5 hours ago, biosailor said:

When accessing my USBridge Sig via the web, I saw there is an update available for DietPi. I started the update via SSH, but unfortunately, somewhere in the whole update process, it hung itself up. Worse still, it completely ruined my Terminal app (Mac). I had to download iTerm2 to gain access to a few things. Still have to figure out how to cure my Terminal app. So far it is unusable.

It's a nuisance that updates are available that don't work and, even worse, affect one's system!

The terminal app in a mac will sometimes complain and not work if you make changes to something you have been using before.  So sometimes when I load in new software into a pi, I have to delete a file on the mac to get my ssh connection back.  

Its a mac thing for security.  If you use mac terminal and pi's, I expect you'll run into this eventually.

Its a hidden file I delete, I have the details at home so I'll try to post more information later, assuming this is your problem.  There is a specific error message you will get, and it won't let you make a connection to that device.  From what I remember, the error message tells you what file to delete.

I used to make backups of the file, but found it really doesn't matter.  I ended up making a shortcut to the folder on my desktop so I can easily delete the file when I need to.

2 hours ago, suzywong said:

Maybe it’s MoodeAudio, or my configuration. My default config is to run SPDIF from the DigiOneSig to the nDAC. So in Moode I have the I2S Audio Device set to “Allo DigiOne Signature”

As a very quick experiment, I connected up my old V-DAC2/V-PSU to the Clean USB output on the USBridgeSig and thence to my NAC82.

I found that I could get sound via SPDIF but not via USB, unless I changed the I2S Audio Device setting to “None” and rebooted. 

I confess I didn’t spend too much time on it. So perhaps I screwed something up. I’ll give it another try tomorrow.

Hmm ..., I have no experience with Moode. I use upmpdcli and this is a front-end to MPD. Any MPD client will recognize (and support activating/deactivating) two or more connected sound cards.

For instance, if I select both the DigiOne Signature and the Schiit Eitr in ncmpcpp (a text-based MPD client) and the DigiOne Signature and the Schiit Eitr are connected to the Naim DAC on input 1 and 2, both are active and I can switch between them by selecting 7 and 8 on the Narcom-4 remote control. 

12 hours ago, randytsuch said:

The terminal app in a mac will sometimes complain and not work if you make changes to something you have been using before.  So sometimes when I load in new software into a pi, I have to delete a file on the mac to get my ssh connection back.  

Its a mac thing for security.  If you use mac terminal and pi's, I expect you'll run into this eventually.

Its a hidden file I delete, I have the details at home so I'll try to post more information later, assuming this is your problem.  There is a specific error message you will get, and it won't let you make a connection to that device.  From what I remember, the error message tells you what file to delete.

I used to make backups of the file, but found it really doesn't matter.  I ended up making a shortcut to the folder on my desktop so I can easily delete the file when I need to.

It would be nice if you could provide the details.

To me it looks as if the terminal is locked in a task. The cursor is locked in the middle of the line, between two brackets [      ] and is not responsive at all.

Sometimes I could swear on those wild Linux things (no offense meant, just frustrated). If just the sound of the DietPi from my USBridge wouldn‘t be this good!

4 hours ago, biosailor said:

It would be nice if you could provide the details.

To me it looks as if the terminal is locked in a task. The cursor is locked in the middle of the line, between two brackets [      ] and is not responsive at all.

Sometimes I could swear on those wild Linux things (no offense meant, just frustrated). If just the sound of the DietPi from my USBridge wouldn‘t be this good!

I described the problem in detail here

https://sites.google.com/view/randy-audio-stuff-pijblspeaker/software/raspbian

If you scroll about 1/2 down, and find the Mac section, it describes how to use terminal and the known host problem that I've had many times.

13 hours ago, rolandleung2016 said:

dear Allo,

I bought a USB signature. it came with a USB C power lead. can you tell me what plug size is the other end. I found a linear power supply which can power the unit but would like a better lead so need to know the size of the other end of the plug.

roland

Size of the other end of the plug is 2.1x 5.5 mm.