IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

33 minutes ago, matthias said:

What is the conclusion?

Is the DS superior to the UBS or the SPDIF input of Brooklyn superior to the USB input?

Matt

Perhaps both? Or neither of them and the differences are due to other factors ... One thing that bothers me is the fact that, in many of the experiments that we do, isolation (or lack thereof) might play a significant role. We typically do not test components that are very well shielded and isolated from each other. On the other hand, manufacturers of high quality streaming devices often go quite a long way to ensure some level of isolation, e.g., between streaming boards and transport boards. Thus, it is thinkable that some of our findings could be different in a different environment. For instance, I have never tried to run my DigiOne Signature and its RPi3 host in different boxes. Would that make a difference? Who knows ...

On 11/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, Grebleem said:

Good to hear, I'm getting my USBridge next week. Why are you choosing Ropiee over DietPi?

Hi that's I use only roon bridge to the nuc.

I have  try it with DietPi and that's works also nice and good.

Only  Ropiee is based on arch  and DietPi on Debian.

I have not try it now to listen for a difference in 🔊 sound. (maybe later I go listen for there is a difference) 

That's I have the USBridge to short now for a compare in sound. 

It must  play (burn in) for to make a compare in sound 🎶 

I'm amused now from to the sound, from the usb bridge signature with a Shanti now to my hegel. 

It's amazing what it do 🎻 wow! 

11 hours ago, reelben said:

Hi that's I use only roon bridge to the nuc.

I have  try it with DietPi and that's works also nice and good.

Only  Ropiee is based on arch  and DietPi on Debian.

I have not try it now to listen for a difference in 🔊 sound. (maybe later I go listen for there is a difference) 

That's I have the USBridge to short now for a compare in sound. 

It must  play (burn in) for to make a compare in sound 🎶 

I'm amused now from to the sound, from the usb bridge signature with a Shanti now to my hegel. 

It's amazing what it do 🎻 wow! 

Thanks for your feedback. I will try both as well.

38 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Can someone tell me what the ssh credentials for RopieeeXL are (user name/password)?

Thanks!

I use Ropieee 

and than not xl ..

it is  login   root en password root

login as: root
[email protected]'s password:

Welcome to RoPieee

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ro_pieee
       Forum: https://community.roonlabs.com/c/audio-products/ropieee

Keep in mind that changing stuff is not recommended and not supported!

Have fun!

[root@ropieee ~]#

Another issue I'd need help!

I downloaded DietPi (DietPi_v6.18_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.img), flashed it to a micro SSD and slotted it into the USBridge Signature. However, it fails completely to install.

Is there some help somewhere how to install the image on the USBridge Sig?

I appreciate input.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Paul

13 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Another issue I'd need help!

I downloaded DietPi (DietPi_v6.18_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.img), flashed it to a micro SSD and slotted it into the USBridge Signature. However, it fails completely to install.

Is there some help somewhere how to install the image on the USBridge Sig?

I appreciate input.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Paul

Please download and flash Dietpi image from below link

http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/DietPi/DietPi_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z

38 minutes ago, Grebleem said:

Just received my USBridge today, Love the sound! 

Only one minor problem, I updated to DietPi v6.26.3, but now the Allo GUI is unavailable. I get a 'Login Failed' message. GUI worked fine before the update. Any ideas? 

We suspect while updating dietpi crashed.

Now need to re-flash Dietpi Allo Web GUI image,You can download image from below link and re-flash using etcher tool.

http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/DietPi/DietPi_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z

Note: After re-flashing don't update, some times dietpi update causing the problem. Issue reported to dietpi team.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:35 PM, allo.com said:

Welcome and enjoy the music.

Trios los Panchos. Highly recommended 

Any track , but I have a special connection to Besa me mucho and Sin it

Thanks for this suggestion - great music! I found two of their CDs in the public library, both samplers with mono recordings of the original trio: "Los Mejores Exitos" released 1997 and "Me voy pa'l pueblo" released 1993. Reminds me much of the spirit of Buena Vista Social Club! Which album are you referring to?

On 10/31/2019 at 9:48 AM, Tintinabulum said:

I am using a CISCO 2960 switch (I found a SQ uplift for whatever reason). This works absolutely fine with USBridge (& DigiOne etc) but for some reason USBridge Sig won't "talk" to the switch with anything other than Redbook files and even then inconsistently. I like the SQ improvement of the 2960 and I'm loathe to give it up, any suggestions anyone?

Did you find a way to use Cisco 2960 in conjunction with USBridge sig? I liked very much the improvement that the implementation of Cisco 2960 brought up and it would be sad to be forced to forego this step of improvement with USBridge sig.

2 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Hi

sorry we have not found a unit. When/if we do , we will test.

You'll find them for cheap on ebay... Cisco WS-C2960-8TC-L is the unit to go for – the higher number port versions do have a fan inside which should be avoided of course for audio purpose.

2 hours ago, steklo said:

Did you find a way to use Cisco 2960 in conjunction with USBridge sig? I liked very much the improvement that the implementation of Cisco 2960 brought up and it would be sad to be forced to forego this step of improvement with USBridge sig.

No and with a heavy heart I sent the sig back. The USBridge with good PS and signal performs really very well. I'll wait for the next big thing... Very strange and a great shame. Allo were very helpful, good guys.

1 hour ago, Tintinabulum said:

No and with a heavy heart I sent the sig back. The USBridge with good PS and signal performs really very well. I'll wait for the next big thing... Very strange and a great shame. Allo were very helpful, good guys.

It is almost ironic that the USBridge Sig does not work well with the Cisco 2960. On the other hand, the 2960 was introduced more than 10 years ago and discontinued five years later: it is not completely surprising that a new device has troubles coping with a 12 years old switch! How did it come that we reintroduced these old (and rather big and not particularly pretty) switches into our households? Why do we still need to rely on these old switches to get the best out of our newest transports and streamers? Why is replay from a local drive still not as good as (or even better than) replay from a LAN server? How long will it take until we get high quality DACs that read their data from a local memory and allow us to get rid of all these cables, switches, streamers, bridges, etc. altogether? Fifteen years later, it shouldn't be that difficult to build a memory player that is (at least) as good as the Naim CDX3, should it?  

8 minutes ago, nbpf said:

It is almost ironic that the USBridge Sig does not work well with the Cisco 2960. On the other hand, the 2960 was introduced more than 10 years ago and discontinued five years later: it is not completely surprising that a new device has troubles coping with a 12 years old switch! How did it come that we reintroduced these old (and rather big and not particularly pretty) switches into our households? Why do we still need to rely on these old switches to get the best out of our newest transports and streamers? Why is replay from a local drive still not as good as (or even better than) replay from a LAN server? How long will it take until we get high quality DACs that read their data from a local memory and allow us to get rid of all these cables, switches, streamers, bridges, etc. altogether? Fifteen years later, it shouldn't be that difficult to build a memory player that is (at least) as good as the Naim CDX3, should it?  

Excellent questions and all intriguing. The ironic thing in my HO is that the USBridge works perfectly with the CISCO but the sig doesn't, presumably because of the new chip. I'd love to know why the CISCO increases (my perception) of SQ. I'm confident these things are on the verge of being understood and will lead to some kind of reasonably priced audio Nirvana. Part of me wants some stuff to remain misunderstood so we can keep kidding ourselves and buying more kit and having "fun". Harmless fun.

Received my USBridge Sig/Shanti days ago but with holiday and work just getting it set up now.

Probably me missing something obvious but I am having problems.  Dac, TV via HDMI, ethernet, keyboard and mouse connected.  Switch on Shanti and see the green light on the front is solid, red flashes sometimes but nothing on the screen.  Moode pre-installed on SD card.  Is my SD card corrupted?