IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

1 hour ago, allo.com said:

Hi NFB

... Fortunately , I think that the market is moving away from this type of hype marketing .

I wish you were right but I am not sure that the market is moving away from hype marketing! It certainly would be nice to have more accurate and comparable measurements of the different devices.

5 hours ago, allo.com said:

Hi Matthias

with over 550 Usbridges Sig on the market , we have one report from Tintibalum that it does not work with Cisco 28960 . No other reports of any issue with any SW

While not tested (but I will have a report very soon) I am sure it wont have an issue with EtherRegen .

I am running a USBBridge Signature quite nicely with an EtherRegen since Tuesday. 

Greg in Mississippi

Everything Matters!

2 systems... Well-Tempered Refs->ET-2.5->DIY or Lounge LCR MkII phono stages

Standalone digital Sony HAP Z1-ES or SDTrans384/Soekris DAM DAC

Networked digital Zotac PI320-W2 LMS Server -> EtherRegen -> USBBridge Sig -> Katana / Ian GB / Soerkis / Buffalo-IIIPro DACs

Passive S&B TX102 TVC or ladder attenuators -> BHK-250 -> Eminent Tech LFT-VIII / IV / VI

ALL gear modified / DIY'd; cables MIT;  all supplies DIY’d or LPS-1.2s w/HUGE Ultracaps; Audio gear on DIY AC filters + PS Aud P15s; misc gear on separate AC w/filters

2 hours ago, gstew said:

I am running a USBBridge Signature quite nicely with an EtherRegen since Tuesday. 

Greg in Mississippi

Greg,

this is the combo I am looking for.

Can you elaborate further?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

18 hours ago, allo.com said:

I am not making assumption

I fail to see

You say you are not making an assumption but it's based on your opinion. It's easy to hear upstream changes when passing through Mutec. You seem to be presuming that it would obscure all upstream. This without any experience and contradicting someone who listens to the system. As I said sometimes theory isn't borne out. 

old hardware becomes out of spec

What waffle is this? I'm sorry the sig didn't work out for me, this is because it doesn't work with the CISCO switch, not my fault. It took ages to write the EMMC card because it only works with certain writers, spent hours and hours with different OSs to get it working. I was very patient. I returned it and now you are criticising my set up based on presumptions, failing to see, in your opinion and yet just like the CISCO, you have got one or tried it. 

I'm not interested in this sort of discourse, don't bother to respond.

Hi Tintibalum

I am not making assumption , but if your DAC is feed by Mutec I fail to see how to get a major improvement moving from USbridge to USbridge Sig. You are still listening to the Mutec not USBridge.

I get your point but, by the same argument, you could also fail to see how to get a major improvement moving from USbridge to USbridge Sig tout court: we are finally listening to out DACs, not to the front-end transports that feed them!

I think that the point that @Tintinabulum was making is that improving the input of the Mutec (by replacing the USBridge with the USBridge Sig) was likely to improve its output. This is obviously a simplistic assumption but it is nevertheless the basic assumption behind all our attempts at improving our sources. You could of course argue that the Mutec is a very poor interface that makes any improvements of its input streams immaterial. But this would be a rather cheap argument given that, as you point out, you do not have any first hand experience or knowledge of the Mutec.     

Interessant discussions :)

Only listen for your own taste and 👂 ears. 

That's the best you can do... Everybody have a own taste 🎶 or ears! 

I know the source is a good beginning to your dac and power... Ooh there are so many nice products. 

have years enjoy from my ayre source d1 and nbs..Now I enjoy from a cheaper system than years ago... 

Enjoy from the music to your ears. 

I hold me offside from this discussion 🎻 

54 minutes ago, reelben said:

I hold me offside from this discussion 🎻 

Why so? So far there has been no real discussion, just a few scattered remarks. If you have opinions or first hand experiences to share, please do so!

Jitter measurements for the Mutec MC-3+ USB are by the way available since 2015 at https://www.lowbeats.de/test-neuer-takt-reclocker-mutec-mc-3-usb/, see diagrams in slides 1-5 and 1-2 in about the middle of the review.

My signature has arrived today along with a shanti. I am hearing some light pops over music (using HQ Player upscaling to DSD 256, as I did with the vanilla USBridge). I have dietpi on there right now but I was wondering whether I should try Ropieee or possible a Signalyst NAA driver. Any thoughts? Also, any ideas on the pops?

8 hours ago, Tintinabulum said:

You say you are not making an assumption but it's based on your opinion. It's easy to hear upstream changes when passing through Mutec. You seem to be presuming that it would obscure all upstream. This without any experience and contradicting someone who listens to the system. As I said sometimes theory isn't borne out. 

What waffle is this? I'm sorry the sig didn't work out for me, this is because it doesn't work with the CISCO switch, not my fault. It took ages to write the EMMC card because it only works with certain writers, spent hours and hours with different OSs to get it working. I was very patient. I returned it and now you are criticising my set up based on presumptions, failing to see, in your opinion and yet just like the CISCO, you have got one or tried it. 

I'm not interested in this sort of discourse, don't bother to respond.

Hi Tintinabumul

As you know , we have tried our best to debug your system even rushing a new unit in the offcase it was a hardware problem.

As the designer of Usbridge Sig , I know for a fact , if you want to get full benefits of USbridge Sig , use it as a last USB digital stream in your player.

Clearly , if you use the Mutec (or any other device ) to feed your DAC , you will not get full benefits ,

I am far from dismissing the benefits of cleaning digital streams upstream , but I also know that what influence most (most benefits) is the last device feeding the DAC.

Enjoy your system and collection of music .

6 hours ago, nbpf said:

Why so? So far there has been no real discussion, just a few scattered remarks. If you have opinions or first hand experiences to share, please do so!

Jitter measurements for the Mutec MC-3+ USB are by the way available since 2015 at https://www.lowbeats.de/test-neuer-takt-reclocker-mutec-mc-3-usb/, see diagrams in slides 1-5 and 1-2 in about the middle of the review.

nbpf

I would like to ask you to keep the discussion civil . Everyone is free to join the discussion or otherwise do what they want .

This is my only warning to you .

3 hours ago, rossco said:

My signature has arrived today along with a shanti. I am hearing some light pops over music (using HQ Player upscaling to DSD 256, as I did with the vanilla USBridge). I have dietpi on there right now but I was wondering whether I should try Ropieee or possible a Signalyst NAA driver. Any thoughts? Also, any ideas on the pops?

What type of DAC do you have , is it DSD native ?

13 minutes ago, allo.com said:

if you want to get full benefits of USbridge Sig

For full benefits I should spend another £20k on speakers and amps... Life's not that simple! I'm also using Sonore ultraDigital, is that also going to detract? More or less than Mutec? Rhetorical.

16 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Clearly , if you use the Mutec (or any other device ) to feed your DAC , you will not get full benefits

I get that, I'd settle for quite a bit of the benefit, what percentage do I lose? Rhetorical.

2 minutes ago, allo.com said:

nbpf

I would like to ask you to keep the discussion civil . Everyone is free to join the discussion or otherwise do what they want .

This is my only warning to you .

I do not know which discussion you are referring to and I do not believe to have been offensive to anyone with my posts. If you feel that this is not the case, I sincerely apologize. It goes without saying that everyone is free to do what one wants. There is no need to read or to reply to posts we are not interested in. We all know this. We share our experiences, our know-how and our opinions. It is obvious that our experiences, know-how and opinions are often very different. What's the problem?

8 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

For full benefits I should spend another £20k on speakers and amps... Life's not that simple! I'm also using Sonore ultraDigital, is that also going to detract? More or less than Mutec? Rhetorical.

I get that, I'd settle for quite a bit of the benefit, what percentage do I lose? Rhetorical.

Tintinabalum , you have a lot of rhetorical .

I have been very clear. You want full benefits of USbridge Sig use it as the last device before DAC.

If you are using another device , you wont get same benefits.

Not rhetorical .

9 minutes ago, nbpf said:

I do not know which discussion you are referring to and I do not believe to have been offensive to anyone with my posts. If you feel that this is not the case, I sincerely apologize. It goes without saying that everyone is free to do what one wants. There is no need to read or to reply to posts we are not interested in. We all know this. We share our experiences, our know-how and our opinions. It is obvious that our experiences, know-how and opinions are often very different. What's the problem?

We always welcome opinions and experiences and we always try our best to solve , fix and listen to our customers . 

What I will not tolerate , is any attempt to harass or intimidate any customer or anyone that posts on allo forums . You opinions , npbf,  are  like everyone else's .

Sorry but we will not change our hardware to suit your particular needs , we will not include WIFI , we will not make it "more modular" .

Be civil.

30 minutes ago, rossco said:

It's a Mytek Liberty DAC. I posted a bit more detail in the Allo support forum a few minutes ago.

Hi

Tech support is off until Monday , but from what I remember Mytek is not DSD native. You will need to download an image with 4.14 kernel and it will fix your issue

10 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Tintinabalum , you have a lot of rhetorical .

I have been very clear. You want full benefits of USbridge Sig use it as the last device before DAC.

Not rhetorical .

Many of us (including myself) use DACs that only have SPDIF inputs. Many already have a USB to SPDIF converter in their households.

I do not see anything wrong in trying to replace our USB sources --- be these Raspberry Pi computers, NUCs, mac minis or something else --- with a USBridge Sig.

The results will obviously very much depend on the quality of the USB to SPDIF converter that might deteriorate or improve the quality of the USB stream provided by the USBridge Sig. I guess we all know this and we all are aware of the fact that the strength of a chain necessarily depends on the strength of its joints.

20 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Hi

Tech support is off until Monday , but from what I remember Mytek is not DSD native. You will need to download an image with 4.14 kernel and it will fix your issue

Thanks - the DAC will do up to DSD 256 in theory. I have already downloaded and using DietPi_v6.18_41492_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI which I think has the 4.14 kernel.

I will wait to see what the tech support comes back with. Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, allo.com said:

Clearly , if you use the Mutec (or any other device ) to feed your DAC , you will not get full benefits ,

This is by no means clear to me: if the Mutec (or any other device) makes an accurate conversion of the USB stream provided by the USBridge Sig, one will get the full benefits of the clean USB stream provided by the USBridge Sig. Why not? 

Your statement becomes logically correct only if one assumes that there exists no device that can produce a SPDIF stream as accurate as the USB stream produced by the USBridge Sig. Even if the USBridge Sig is exceptionally good, this seems a rather unrealistic assumption.

4 hours ago, allo.com said:

That's self evident? I have no idea why you persist in this conversation. 

I have also been very clear, you don't seem to understand my points though.

I don't think you need to be so defensive. You are alienating customers needlessly. I'm getting a little hacked off. I have always been supportive on the boards even when I have had issues (not infrequent). I also bought a shanti, which I found disappointing (sits in a cupboard). I didn't mention that as I'm a decent guy. Now you take this attitude.

Can I return the Shanti? How about the USBridge and the DigiOne Sig? I can use something else. Let me know.