IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I use sonictransporter i7  connected to Signature Rendu SE optical. As network converter (ethernet to optical) I use Trend Net converter with LPS1.

th sound heRe is just amazingly good.

But it stops after some minutes playing ( can be 10 min or 20 min).

is this the frame pause issue?

will I have to wait for an update in SE software?

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

13 hours ago, Joaovieira said:

Hi. I use sonictransporter i7  connected to Signature Rendu SE optical. As network converter (ethernet to optical) I use Trend Net converter with LPS1.

th sound heRe is just amazingly good.

But it stops after some minutes playing ( can be 10 min or 20 min).

is this the frame pause issue?

will I have to wait for an update in SE software?

This is not a related issue. Have a look at this post and the posts that follow it.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/56460-rendu-support-thread/?do=findComment&comment=982725

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

This not a related issue. Have a look at this post and the posts that follow it.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/56460-rendu-support-thread/?do=findComment&comment=982725

It  was already set to 12h. So it is not the issue.

the Sonictransporter is loosing DHCP. I will try to get it fixed.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

This not a related issue. Have a look at this post and the posts that follow it.

44 minutes ago, Joaovieira said:

It  was already set to 12h. So it is not the issue.

the Sonictransporter is loosing DHCP. I will try to get it fixed.

Maybe assign it a fixed IP address. Anyway, if it’s the sT then this is not the correct thread for this. 

3 hours ago, Miska said:

If you have  a smart switch, check that you have 802.3x enabled in it. Default values between different models vary about 50/50...

If flow control is enabled and available on managed switches, is there an explanation why that still doesn't fix the issue - Is it because the issue is on the endpoint side of things and isn't able to handle pause frames/flow control?

switch.thumb.JPG.ec69bb11a206ba8a8a4213ba11f41dde.JPG

My rig

8 minutes ago, Foggie said:

If flow control is enabled and available on managed switches, is there an explanation why that still doesn't fix the issue?

switch.thumb.JPG.ec69bb11a206ba8a8a4213ba11f41dde.JPG

Are you using opticalModule/opticalRendu? If so, those also need to indicate their support for such towards the switch.

Some switches can display actual status of the functionality per port, if it is being active or not.

Here's some statistics from one of the six switches in my network:

Screenshot_2019-09-09_01-17-51.thumb.png.80e3583be77bcbfce30169bd8ceb7d43.png

Here Port 1 links to the central patchbay switch.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

43 minutes ago, Miska said:

Are you using opticalModule/opticalRendu? If so, those also need to indicate their support for such towards the switch.

Some switches can display actual status of the functionality per port, if it is being active or not.

Here's some statistics from one of the six switches in my network:

Screenshot_2019-09-09_01-17-51.thumb.png.80e3583be77bcbfce30169bd8ceb7d43.png

Here Port 1 links to the central patchbay switch.

using mU with OM at audio rack

switch 2.JPG

switch 3.JPG

My rig

6 hours ago, Miska said:

That is enabling the support for the port, but doesn't mean it actually becomes active...

My HP can also emulate flow control for devices that don't support pause frames, by artificially generating collisions on the link.

Ok was just showing that the option was enabled and not sure what else one would need to make that setting active.  My specific switch may have functions to emulate flow cntrl but haven’t gone down that road. 

My rig

37 minutes ago, Foggie said:

Ok was just showing that the option was enabled and not sure what else one would need to make that setting active.  My specific switch may have functions to emulate flow cntrl but haven’t gone down that road. 

Here's info from the only TP-Link switch I have, as an example it shows which ports have the feature enabled and which ones have it actually active:

Screenshot_2019-09-09_18-08-24.thumb.png.46795d9196dafea370634d6803856e0e.png

In this case, there's a network printer on Port 2, which doesn't seem to support flow control, although it is enabled for that port.

Maybe your switch has some page where there is either information about the actual status, or some statistics about pause frames.

Another statistics example from a Cisco switch:

Screenshot_2019-09-09_18-15-02.thumb.png.62531a0a9419bbde67b4c072337f1e43.png

Here one just needs to check statistics port by port.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

19 hours ago, Foggie said:

@Miska Thanks I’ll take a look this evening 

FWIW On my model and firmware, there are no other flow control statistics than what I showed.  In the switching menu its enable or disable pe my screenshot.  The sfp ports run at full 1GB so you cant set it to auto or 100MB in the flow control menu.  Although similar to managed switches there are multitude of other settings, I could configure ingress and egress bandwidth limits to that specific port which might help, but haven't tried. 

Seeing as Sonore has released an update to their OS, I will try that as well.

My rig

Hi Jesus,

Just to let you know that I've placed an order (ORDER #SE1159) last Tuesday for an opticalmodule and so far  it was not shipped. 

Have you got an idea on when it will be sent? 

Thank you,

Jorge Soares

p.s.  I also sent you a message using the sonore email address

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

3 hours ago, soares said:

Hi Jesus,

Just to let you know that I've placed an order (ORDER #SE1159) last Tuesday for an opticalmodule and so far  it was not shipped. 

Thank you,

Jorge Soares

I suspect that it has shipped by now...  Please remember Sonore is a small company, and last week through the weekend, most of us were traveling to, exhibiting at, and traveling back from The Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and so some orders will be delayed by a few days or so.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

1 hour ago, barrows said:

I suspect that it has shipped by now...  Please remember Sonore is a small company, and last week through the weekend, most of us were traveling to, exhibiting at, and traveling back from The Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and so some orders will be delayed by a few days or so.

Thank you so much Barrows!

That's perfectly understandable. Just wanted to know if there was already a date for shipment.

And yes please share with us some info on the RMAF! :-)

Kind regards,

Jorge 

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

47 minutes ago, soares said:

Thank you so much Barrows!

That's perfectly understandable. Just wanted to know if there was already a date for shipment.

And yes please share with us some info on the RMAF! 🙂

Kind regards,

Jorge 

There is a pretty decent thread here on these forums about RMAF....  Right now it is back to work for me, as we do get a little behind while dealing with all the show stuff!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

7 hours ago, soares said:

Hi Jesus,

Thank you,

Jorge Soares

It shipped today:)

Foggie, a couple of things. If these don't apply to you just ignore them. Don't set your ports to 100 speed because the opticaModule only works at 1000 speed. You need to have flow control enabled in the upstream switch. 

Also, please do the following:

Update your unit and wait for the Back to Main Menu link and then reboot. The network most be connected and ready to go before you reboot. Test and let us know what happens. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

It shipped today:)

Thank you Jesus!

Best,

Jorge