IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Fist of all you only need to connect the DAC for Roon and Logitech Media Server to see the unit. It's always best to connect the DAC before boot, but that is because some DAC need it for initialization. The unit should always show up on www.sonicorbiter.com with or without the DAC connected. For this to work the network needs to have internet access.   

37 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

This looks good. What happens if you click on Manage?

Ok now I manage to make it sings. What happened before was I turned my DAC on usb mode ready. So I turn the DAC on stand by mode. It appeared as what Kef Ls50w did when it’s on. But once I turned the usb mode on its sing for one second then disconnected. 

Omg thanks guy to help me now it works. This little mR sound amazing. It’s probably I connected the DAC which is a bit strange design by using +polar at outer connect and - at center. And I used teradek power supply which has usb 5v output and 9v output at 1amp connected to mR and Lindemann DAC and the +- polarity might be interfered. Or maybe the voltage is good but current is not enough while using two unit in one power supply. 

after I only connected mR with teradak and Lindemann DAC with separate power supply. It sing flowlessly and sound very amazing.

mR is amazing unit and I apologize for my lacked of knowledges and many thanks for you guys here to help me.

ps. Referred to my problem before About micro sd card. This is only work with the new micro sd card thankfully sent by Andrew to replace The one has sent with the unit for original purchased doesn’t work at all.

Thanks for posting the resolution. I'll keep these kinds of issues in mind for others. You did the right thing and separating the power supplies as it seems you where near the limit of the power supply. There are some devices out there that have the center pin as negative DC and not positive DC. The iFi iPower supply we sell has an adapter to convert to center pin as negative DC and you might find similar ones on eBay or Amazon. FYI when you feed the unit and DAC from the same power supply you break any inherent galvanic isolation between them. It's not always a bad thing and it's convenient (I do it here sometimes), but keep that in mind. Enjoy!   

8 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Thanks for posting the resolution. I'll keep these kinds of issues in mind for others. You did the right thing and separating the power supplies as it seems you where near the limit of the power supply. There are some devices out there that have the center pin as negative DC and not positive DC. The iFi iPower supply we sell has an adapter to convert to center pin as negative DC and you might find similar ones on eBay or Amazon. FYI when you feed the unit and DAC from the same power supply you break any inherent galvanic isolation between them. It's not always a bad thing and it's convenient (I do it here sometimes), but keep that in mind. Enjoy!   

Thank you mR sound amazing indeed I tried to compare betwee direct feed from MacBook usb and the resolution noise floor etc as I was not wonder because my KEF LS50 Wireless with roon ended point connected by Ethernet sound  better than usb in this case mR  if far ahead the direct usb feeded. Now I used only Teradak to mR and use battery power supply Panasonic universal one into Lindemann DAC the DAC only need 5 v. Then I used another socket 5v usb from teradak place between mR and Lindemann DAC is this chain break galvanic isolation between them as you explained? Now I really enjoy this set up and feel like my KEF LS50 Wireless set up is a bit less resolution than this one but this one is a passive chain with Class A amplifiers mono plus all caps modified and with mR it’s up to better resolution than when I used MacBook feeded to my DAC. 

I updated the OS on microRendu today for the first time in a long time (should have left well enough alone!) and now no matter what I do, the DAC (LH Labs Pulse) is no longer recognized :/

I've tried:

1. updating again (i.e., maybe the software update wasn't complete) - no good
  2. switching USB cables (three different cables) - even though the same cables work fine connected from a MBP, no good
  3. turning microRendu / DAC / both power supplies, etc. off and no several times - no good
  4. switching from one input to another on the DAC - no good

In short, nothing I do will make microRendu 2.5 recognize the DAC so, of course, none of my endpoints (Shairport, Spotify Connect, Roon Ready, NAA, DLNA, etc.) work any more.

Help!

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

14 hours ago, jhwalker said:

I updated the OS on microRendu today for the first time in a long time (should have left well enough alone!) and now no matter what I do, the DAC (LH Labs Pulse) is no longer recognized :/

I've tried:

1. updating again (i.e., maybe the software update wasn't complete) - no good
  2. switching USB cables (three different cables) - even though the same cables work fine connected from a MBP, no good
  3. turning microRendu / DAC / both power supplies, etc. off and no several times - no good
  4. switching from one input to another on the DAC - no good

In short, nothing I do will make microRendu 2.5 recognize the DAC so, of course, none of my endpoints (Shairport, Spotify Connect, Roon Ready, NAA, DLNA, etc.) work any more.

Help!

Go into Settings / RoonReady and press Save.

Also:

The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu cable and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Go into Settings / RoonReady and press Save.

Also:

The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu cable and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

Yes, I did all of these, as I noted in my first post.

What are next steps?  I suspect the software update did not complete successfully (though it acted as if it did), but subsequent software updates just show "nothing to do", etc.  Is there any way to get a complete image to reload?

As I noted, the same DAC / cables work perfectly with my MacBook Pro, so it's only the microRendu having this problem :/ 

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

The updates don't affect this area of the operating system. Post the output of DAC diagnostics. Try a different USB DAC or converter. 

Output from DAC diagnostics screenshot attached - as I stated, it does not "see" the LH Labs DAC at all.

I've also confirmed it does not see either of my iFi DACs (iFi Nano iDSD, iFi Micro iDSD), so it appears to me either the audio software / driver has become corrupt or the USB interface has gone bad - all three of these DACs work fine from my MacBook Pro. 

microRendu 2017-11-20 18-22-33.png

27 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

Output from DAC diagnostics screenshot attached - as I stated, it does not "see" the LH Labs DAC at all.

I've also confirmed it does not see either of my iFi DACs (iFi Nano iDSD, iFi Micro iDSD), so it appears to me either the audio software / driver has become corrupt or the USB interface has gone bad - all three of these DACs work fine from my MacBook Pro. 

microRendu 2017-11-20 18-22-33.png

Email me so we can sort it out.

11 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Email me so we can sort it out.

Check your email ;)  Thanks!