IGNORED

Sonore Linear Power Supply

Yes, the fuse drawer is accessible (integrated into the IEC).  Feel free to try your favorite aftermarket fuse.  I use Synergistc Blue in my Signature Rendu SEoptical.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

58 minutes ago, BCRich said:

Did I read it correctly, it’s 315ma 250v. I have a Audio Magic Fuse that I’m not using but I think it’s 2amps.

Would be nice to know the specs just to keep an eye out. Also, any basic guidelines on the AC cord? I'm happy with what I've got, a shortened Naim stock cable cry'o'd with Wattgate plug. Think I'm done for now, but there's always next year and they're fun to build...

Other Oyaide soldered to the end of the Neotech cable and some more sparkle. Anyone using those dc screw barrels for DIY are doing themselves a dis-service. But man, soldering (or worse re-soldering ones for the n-th time) Oyaide plugs and one soon realizes what a bargain Ghent is. Those Oyaides are pretty sturdy though, so easily re-usable if you want to roll some different cables. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

The fuse spec for the power supply is 315 mA, 250 V, type "T" (slow blow, AKA time delay).  Do not use a fuse of any different specification (this specific  is for US voltage units only).  The sizes 5 x 20 mm.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

The power supply continues to sound very good. Just no-brainer if you're in the market and it fits your need good like all of Sonore's products imo. Piano is particularly great (listening to Straight No Chaser as I write). Good times. Thank you!

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Sitting here listening to the very good recording of Thelonious Monk Live at the Jazz Workshop with probably about 100 hours now on the UltraSupply. All I can say, is that the mythical disappearing HiFi has finally arrived (disappeared?) in my living room. Nothing short of wonderful. Complete chain in signature. 

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

Sitting here listening to the very good recording of Thelonious Monk Live at the Jazz Workshop with probably about 100 hours now on the UltraSupply. All I can say, is that the mythical disappearing HiFi has finally arrived (disappeared?) in my living room. Nothing short of wonderful. Complete chain in signature. 

And to think some people wait up to a year  or more for our competitions power supply:) Enjoy!

Yesterday I was here alone and walked into the house from outside. I immediately got my shackles up because there was s strange voice in the living room. Of course it was just Roon Radio playing some strange Bulgarian female vocal solo. But it was so real and lifelike it totally caught me off guard!  

13 hours ago, vortecjr said:

And to think some people wait up to a year  or more for our competitions power supply:) Enjoy!

I can barely wait in a small line at the bank let alone pay for something in full and wait a year! 

@barrows what is the weight and dimensions of this power supply?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Off the top of my head and estimating, it is about 6"x 6" x 2" and around 3-4 lbs.  The chassis is aluminum, most of the weight comes from the 30 VA transformer.

SONORE computer audio

Sorry, dimensions were on the first post: Dimensions : 60mm(h)x165mm (w)x165mm (d).

Thanks for the weight too. :)

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Is this a new LPS-1 or something similar ?

No, but I doubt that Jesus would like to actually name any competitors' products here.

SONORE computer audio

• 3 weeks later...

Popping back in to say that after 200-300 hours the UltraSupply really comes into it's own. Bass bloom is mostly gone (what's left is my room and gear sometimes not handling how deep it goes now), and it sounds really natural. Not even considering any more the need to upgrade my microRendu 1.4. I wouldn't hesitate getting a second Ultra if need be. Thankfully I really don't NEED anything at the moment and the sound is glorious, plus at this point spending on the amp or speakers would bring more than power supplies down the streaming line.. And I received it in a week (compared to months or years for a supply I really wouldn't think is that much better). 

Any plans on offering different voltages? 5V for the oM might be nice. 

A 5 volt version is/will be available for the opticalModule.  There might be a little bit of a wait for these, as PC boards are in production.  The design is a bit different than that of the 7 volt version, although they share the same case and external look.  These supplies use the same discrete voltage regulator, with a different design to optimize for the different voltage.  The price will be similar to that of the 7 volt version, as the costs are very close. 

I do not expect that these will be fully available until after Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, as we are very busy prepping for that.

SONORE computer audio

Good to know. Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Michaelb4 said:

When will the power supply be available foe purchase?

Do not know yet.  We are waiting for some parts.  Right now we are also very busy with Rocky Mountain Audio Fest prep, and then the show itself.  Best bet for the 5 volt version is after RMAF (Sept. 6-8).  Hopefully not too long after that. 

SONORE computer audio

On 8/12/2019 at 6:57 AM, Kevin Nguyen said:

tempted to get the PSU after reading the good feedback, but found out the shipping cost to Sydney is US$198.56 which is 1/3 off the unit price. I gave up idea to get it to AU  now.

A comparable option  is to buy a Sbooster BOTW P&P ECO 5-6V MK II Power Supply Upgrade  https://www.audiodestination.co.uk with 20% off  GST deduction (from UK  to outside EU) with only £40.00 postage

If you see an expensive quote like that you can email us and we will look into it.