IGNORED

Sonore Linear Power Supply

• vortecjr changed the title to Sonore Linear Power Supply
  • vortecjr unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...
On 7/14/2019 at 7:08 PM, barrows said:

The fuse spec for the power supply is 315 mA, 250 V, type "T" (slow blow, AKA time delay).  Do not use a fuse of any different specification (this specific  is for US voltage units only).  The sizes 5 x 20 mm.

Is this still the correct spec for the fuse for this unit? (3 years later) 

• 3 months later...

I have the 5v for my Gigafoil and I’m quite impressed with it.

I’ve owned many LPS - Uptone JS-2, Farad Super 3, Antipodes S60.

Sometimes a LPS is too exuberant, or a bit slow. It’s hard to find one that strikes the right balance.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

On 5/29/2019 at 2:59 PM, barrows said:

The ultraSupply is a very high performance power supply completely in another league from the other supplies which have been mentioned in terms of noise and output impedance/settling time.

The goal of the ultraSupply was to provide nearly the same performance of the Signature version, at the most affordable possible pricing.  To save cost, we use a standard off the shelf enclosure (still aluminum) and have minimized features (no switch, no indicator lighting).  As many people already own both DC cables and AC cables, these are not included, as they would just add to the retail price.  Everything possible has been done to provide the highest level of performance at the least cost. 

I can hear the care that went into the design. It’s easy to hear the musical qualities that allow it stand out against other LPS.

It’s also a non fatiguing LPS (as someone has mentioned on this thread).

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

• vortecjr changed the title to Sonore Linear Power Supply