IGNORED

Article: Munich High End 2019 Sights and Sounds

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

We do our own thing :~)

As long as you understand that skipping to e.g. 3:43 is a sheer impossibility ... (takes a year)

And after that, Playback isn't even working.

Sorry ...

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Let me guess, you're using IE 5?  😁

I must look. It is a Windows 95 PC.

OK OK ...

No, Opera on Windows 10. I can try Chrome for you on a W7. But give me an hour ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

The original version of the video may have been cached in a browser or our CDN. Should be all good now. 

I just tried with Chrome on a W8.1. All fine.

With that I should have filled the Proxy to Holland. Haha. Anyway, this is still at 35m distance (RDC).

Then from where I am again and Opera/W10 ... The skipping (3:34) goes fairly fast now but the rest of the behavior is the same. A brief few seconds playback and then it stops forever.

Don't solve it for me because Munich is only 500m from here and I can just go there. :)

XXHighEnd (developer)

That was fun.  Thank you.  Interesting that one can hear distinct differences among the equipment shown, even given the differences in the music each played (some simple and some more demanding).  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

Did anyone hear the Kaiser Grande speakers with Kondo?

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

22 hours ago, PYP said:

That was fun.  Thank you.  Interesting that one can hear distinct differences among the equipment shown, even given the differences in the music each played (some simple and some more demanding).  

Not everyone can.. 

On 5/22/2019 at 2:16 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, our video is now working!! All 23 minutes :~)

We don't use YouTube for show videos that contain music. The videos get block in many countries. We do our own thing :~)

Did you use the same recording gear as Axpona? 

On 5/23/2019 at 5:39 AM, matthias said:

Yes, disappointing.

Matt

Bummer, but thanks for letting me know. I have the small Kaweros and like them. 

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

4 hours ago, MarkS said:

Bummer, but thanks for letting me know. I have the small Kaweros and like them. 

The set-up with Kawero Classic in the last years was better than with Grande this year.

Further, the Classic looks much better than the Grande.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)