IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I've been trying out Euphony's network disconnect option. I think it's effect on SQ has a lot to do with your system. It is definitely worth checking out though as it is built right in. It comes up as that occasional pop up that suggests you may want to disconnect, play, and relax. 

The thing is I've been accessing it by drilling down the menus to get to its dedicated button under Expert Settings. It's the button with the broken chain link and play icon. However, Zeljko just told me that it's readily available from the transport controls by either a 5 second press on the play button or right clicking on it. Perfect!

9 hours ago, edwardsean said:

it's readily available from the transport controls by either a 5 second press on the play button or right clicking on it. Perfect!

Yeah it would be better if that pop up calculated the remaining time on the playlist rather than the entire playlist duration. 

Also pressing the power button supposed to cancel the disconnect but instead switches of my streamer! 

Work in progress..

Guys, just want to ask whether any Euphony users are experiencing balance issues. I have having balance problems past few months and haven’t been able to troubleshoot it to any specific hardware issue. During discussions with another Euphony user, who is facing the same problem, seems there is a chance that it might be caused by the Euphony program itself. Wondering if anyone else here is facing the same issue as us?

23 minutes ago, flkin said:

Guys, just want to ask whether any Euphony users are experiencing balance issues. I have having balance problems past few months and haven’t been able to troubleshoot it to any specific hardware issue. During discussions with another Euphony user, who is facing the same problem, seems there is a chance that it might be caused by the Euphony program itself. Wondering if anyone else here is facing the same issue as us?

Hi flkin,

I had this problem a while ago, left speaker produced no or low sound but raising the volume on the amp or the DAC fixed it. I tried to swap cables, enable/disable by-pass on the DAC, go direct to the amp etc. but I've never been able to figure out what was really causing the issue.

I almost forgot about this as it has "magically" disappeared. Now that you are mentioning the problem could be related to Euphony, it may have disappeared since I use Roon with Euphony or with one of the latest Euphony release. 

What release are you running? Do you use Roon?

1 hour ago, walloon said:

Hi flkin,

I had this problem a while ago, left speaker produced no or low sound but raising the volume on the amp or the DAC fixed it. I tried to swap cables, enable/disable by-pass on the DAC, go direct to the amp etc. but I've never been able to figure out what was really causing the issue.

I almost forgot about this as it has "magically" disappeared. Now that you are mentioning the problem could be related to Euphony, it may have disappeared since I use Roon with Euphony or with one of the latest Euphony release. 

What release are you running? Do you use Roon?

Problem started around after the Jan update or so I think. My balance would sometimes move to the right side but usually the bass would more more than the treble. 

And mostly only after say 10Min of playing. But sometimes it wouldn’t happen at all. A power off of DAC and preamp would solve this issue if left off for around 3min. Any less and the bal issue would remain. 

I never thought it could be related to Euphony and though it was my preamp. But this would be the third user that faced the same problem. 

It seems to be better now but still occurs with the Jun version just less often. Could it be software related? 

18 minutes ago, flkin said:

Problem started around after the Jan update or so I think. My balance would sometimes move to the right side but usually the bass would more more than the treble. 

And mostly only after say 10Min of playing. But sometimes it wouldn’t happen at all. A power off of DAC and preamp would solve this issue if left off for around 3min. Any less and the bal issue would remain. 

I never thought it could be related to Euphony and though it was my preamp. But this would be the third user that faced the same problem. 

It seems to be better now but still occurs with the Jun version just less often. Could it be software related? 

It always happened at the beginning of playing. When it's ok at start, it never happened later.

I also never thought it could be related to Euphony since to fix is to raise the volume on the amp or on the DAC (depending if the DAC is configured to preamp or by-pass). When issue is resolved, I can lower the volume without any problem.

The weird thing is that the problem is not there anymore but amp, DAC, cables... are unchanged. The only changes are Euphony updates and addition of Roon (Roon Core + Stylus EP).

I got new computer with intel core i5 11600k on MSI z590 Pro Wifi main board & Gigabyte M2 250GB

I followed the instruction below to do TRIAL install, but the boot process just be stopped at step #5

1. Get Euphony Downloader for Windows, unzip the downloaded file and double click on EuphonyDownloader.exeicon.
  2. Insert an empty USB stick (min. 16GB) and select the corresponding drive in Euphony Downloader.
  3. Click GO! and wait until Euphony image is downloaded and written to your USB device. (If you encounter problems you can download image archive file like explained in MAC and Linux sections and use general purpose program like Rufus to write Euphony image to USB)
  4. Insert the USB device into your target PC/Music server and power it on. (‘Legacy boot’ and ‘UEFI boot’ are both supported.) If USB does not have boot priority hold F2 when powering up to access the boot menu. Choose the USB device from boot menu.
  5. After the boot process is finished (first boot is longer, wait at least 4-7 minutes), Euphony system is available at the address: http://euphony.local

I did the same things with other USB to another old computers and they are working well

Is there any problem when my mainboard is new model MSI z590 Pro Wifi with 2.5Ghz LAN onboard then Euphony didn't update driver for?

Anyone can help, please!

Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, ngocpham said:

I got new computer with intel core i5 11600k on MSI z590 Pro Wifi main board & Gigabyte M2 250GB

I followed the instruction below to do TRIAL install, but the boot process just be stopped at step #5

You should contact support with the exact model of the LAN network card. 

Some 2.5GB cards are known to not work with Euphony - don't remember which ones.

i got new 

1 hour ago, c-w said:

You should contact support with the exact model of the LAN network card. 

Some 2.5GB cards are known to not work with Euphony - don't remember which ones.

The model of LAN network card is Intel® I225-V 2.5Gbps LAN

BTW, where i can find out the list of supported LAN network cards by Euphony? If the issue can't be solved then i am going to buy pci LAN card which support by Euphony

Thanks so much!

Hi, 

I am intend to build an Euphony upon this PC

Key Feature

• Intel® Celeron® J4105, Quad-Core 1.5-2.5GHZ
  • Dual Gigabit Ethernet
  • Raspberry Pi 40-Pin Compatible
  • 2 x M.2 PCIe (B Key and M Key)

X86-08-n.png

And I plan to use Raspberry Pi 40-Pin Compatible to output digital signal to DAC via this HAT

digione.jpg

SO I wonder whether Euphony support this configuration?

Thank you.

10 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Hi, 

I am intend to build an Euphony upon this PC

Key Feature

• Intel® Celeron® J4105, Quad-Core 1.5-2.5GHZ
  • Dual Gigabit Ethernet
  • Raspberry Pi 40-Pin Compatible
  • 2 x M.2 PCIe (B Key and M Key)

X86-08-n.png

And I plan to use Raspberry Pi 40-Pin Compatible to output digital signal to DAC via this HAT

digione.jpg

SO I wonder whether Euphony support this configuration?

Thank you.

Interesting, let us know where to source it. I would like to try it myself. 

The best configuration I have with Euphony is using Stylus with UPNP output to my JPLAY Audio Pc. As more and more features are added to Euphony, I find it less and less musically-engaging. 

45 minutes ago, Lukasluis said:

Interesting, let us know where to source it. I would like to try it myself. 

The best configuration I have with Euphony is using Stylus with UPNP output to my JPLAY Audio Pc. As more and more features are added to Euphony, I find it less and less musically-engaging. 

Here you are:

https://www.seeedstudio.com/Odyssey-Blue-J4125-128GB-p-4921.html

https://www.allo.com/sparky/digione.html

But as far as I know to this moment, the HW is quite OK, but digione is for Raspberry Pi only, no x86 driver available 😥

3 hours ago, flkin said:

Which version of Euphony did you use for the comparison? 

Did you happen to try the older 1102 also?

I agree that the latest Jun version doesn’t correct the Apr version which to many here sounds worse than the 1102 (nov 2020) and Jan version. 

I use the latest version 20210614.

The issue with not using the latest version is that we will be prompted to upgrade to the latest version, can't disable that.

Music server builder

1 hour ago, Anwar said:

I use the latest version 20210614.

The issue with not using the latest version is that we will be prompted to upgrade to the latest version, can't disable that.

True, but only if you enter into Settings. Otherwise the prompt doesn’t pop up. Of course you won’t get the latest changes too but to me the 1102 sounds far better than the latest 0614 which I find less engaging, more digital with a smaller soundstage

Based on memory alone do you have a comment about the older Euphony versions (Jan 2021 and before) compared with the Win10/Hysolid?

1 hour ago, flkin said:

Based on memory alone do you have a comment about the older Euphony versions (Jan 2021 and before) compared with the Win10/Hysolid?

I have not done any comparison with the older Euphony versions using my current streamer build.  I do have the image for 1102, can try when I am free.

Music server builder

28 minutes ago, Anwar said:

I have not done any comparison with the older Euphony versions using my current streamer build.  I do have the image for 1102, can try when I am free.

Hi Anwar, I would encourage you to try for yourself & make up your own mind. Some like previous version and some don’t. I suspect it’s system dependant. This goes for Euphony, AL, Windows. I do think there’s differences in tones. Lots of choices & I’m sure you’ll like something that suits your ear. 

Actually my system has changed so much in last few years I’m going to revisit Windows, AL & previous version of Euphony. 

2 hours ago, flkin said:

True, but only if you enter into Settings. Otherwise the prompt doesn’t pop up. Of course you won’t get the latest changes too but to me the 1102 sounds far better than the latest 0614 which I find less engaging, more digital with a smaller soundstage

Wow that’s some system you have put together! I also see the amount of kit you have “gathering dust” some amount of resale value there. 

Very nice, must sound fantastic. 👍

8 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Does anyone know if there’s a linux image backup tool that can be used in Windows? 

I’m wanting to backup Euphony+My Library. 

Hi Michael,

If your source and destination SSDs are both Samsung, then you can use Samsung Data Migration free utility to clone the SSD.

If not, you may want to try EaseUS Todo Backup.  I am not sure the free version can clone the whole disk.

Music server builder