IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Željko's aware of this issue already and has suggested he will look at it in the future. Unfortunately I can't try 24 bits as my demo has already expired. Perhaps later in the year when I have more time I will get a new computer/storage and make the move. I've made a bunch of 32bit wv files for trying in Euphony but I'll just have to wait until Euphony's updated before I can test them.

I wonder how much overhead there is to decode a 32/768 wave pack file?

36 minutes ago, flkin said:

Željko's aware of this issue already and has suggested he will look at it in the future. Unfortunately I can't try 24 bits as my demo has already expired. Perhaps later in the year when I have more time I will get a new computer/storage and make the move. I've made a bunch of 32bit wv files for trying in Euphony but I'll just have to wait until Euphony's updated before I can test them.

I wonder how much overhead there is to decode a 32/768 wave pack file?

It should be easy enough to convert .wv files back to .wav files, no? @Zaphod Beeblebrox?

18 minutes ago, austinpop said:

It should be easy enough to convert .wv files back to .wav files, no? @Zaphod Beeblebrox?

Yes: How to convert WavPack (.WV) files

Author of PGGB & RASA, remastero

Update: PGGB-256 is completely revamped, improved, and now uses much less memory

New: PGGB-IT! is a new interface for PGGB 256, supports multi-channel, smaller footprint, more lossless compression options

Free: foo_pggb_rt is a free real-time upsampling plugin for foobar2000 64bit; RASA is a free tool to do FFT analysis of audio tracks

System: TT7 PGI 240v > Paretoaudio Server [SR7T] > Adnaco Fiber [SR5T] >VR L2iSE [QSA Silver fuse, QSA Lanedri Gamma Infinity PC]> QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation RCA> Omega CAMs, JL Sub, Vox Z-Bass/ [QSA Silver fuse, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation PC] KGSSHV Carbon CC, Audeze CRBN

12 hours ago, austinpop said:

Yes that works, just that I’ve run out of storage space already and with my antiquated computers everything is a chore. 😅

Actually I’ve been trying PGGB wav tracks 24/32 bits, 8fs and 16fs combinations but in wav format will have to be few tracks at a time only with lots of administrative downtime in between. To date still working to get that large improvement others are talking about.  

11 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

dbpoweramp decompresses wv files to wav in the Mac just fine actually. Very simple click of button process. 

I wonder if Euphony would be interested to incorporate PGGB real-time upsampling into their player? I understand that PGGB is ready for sometime like that. Everything would be much simpler then. 

11 hours ago, flkin said:

Actually I’ve been trying PGGB wav tracks 24/32 bits, 8fs and 16fs combinations but in wav format will have to be few tracks at a time only with lots of administrative downtime in between. To date still working to get that large improvement others are talking about.  

You have the Vinnie Rossi DAC 2.0 module right? And it has XMOS on USB, and supports up to 16FS, correct? Hmm, that should be a good candidate for PGGB.

We can take this over to the PGGB thread, but one quick question: I hope you were trying PGGB with the NOS mode set to ON? I would expect so, else the whole point would be lost.

13 hours ago, austinpop said:

You have the Vinnie Rossi DAC 2.0 module right? And it has XMOS on USB, and supports up to 16FS, correct? Hmm, that should be a good candidate for PGGB.

We can take this over to the PGGB thread, but one quick question: I hope you were trying PGGB with the NOS mode set to ON? I would expect so, else the whole point would be lost.

Yup, using the VR DAC2 in NOS mode. ZB did mention that he expected good results with this DAC and although I do hear some changes it’s not much. 

Thanks for following up 😄, let’s  continue this under the PGGB thread. 

1 hour ago, zeblo69 said:

Hi everybody.

I'm new in this forum. Kindly, does anyone tell me what command to type and in which field io order to see IRQs assignment? I'm not an Euphony Stylus expert... I have installed the latest version.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian

Hi Seb, did you read Euphony instructions on their site? 

https://euphony-audio.com/hesk/knowledgebase.php?category=8

Here’s example of my Core Isolation & IRQ’s. Your IRQ number will be different to mine. As it depends how many processors you have. 

0-5 acpid 0-1 smbd 0-1 systemd 2-3 nfm 2-3 dhcpcd 4-5 dbus-daemon 4-5 haveged 4-5 lvmetad 4-5 avahi-daemon 4-5 stylus 6-7 gstp 8-19 irq/147 18 irq/148 10 irq/165 17 irq/166 8 irq/167 9 irq/168 16 irq/169 11 irq/170 12 irq/171 13 irq/172 14 irq/173 15 

7 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Hi Seb, did you read Euphony instructions on their site? 

https://euphony-audio.com/hesk/knowledgebase.php?category=8

Here’s example of my Core Isolation & IRQ’s. Your IRQ number will be different to mine. As it depends how many processors you have. 

0-5 acpid 0-1 smbd 0-1 systemd 2-3 nfm 2-3 dhcpcd 4-5 dbus-daemon 4-5 haveged 4-5 lvmetad 4-5 avahi-daemon 4-5 stylus 6-7 gstp 8-19 irq/147 18 irq/148 10 irq/165 17 irq/166 8 irq/167 9 irq/168 16 irq/169 11 irq/170 12 irq/171 13 irq/172 14 irq/173 15 

Hi. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, I did, and lots of things are clear to me. But I miss the basic, meaning to say that I'm not able to have listed the IRQs assignment.

They say " To help with that you can look at the output of "cat /proc/interrupts" command by typing the period sign while in CPU isolation field.
Something like this will show in a dialog:..."

But it is not clear to me what to type...

Someone in the forum wrote to type "." but it returns to me only the the core isolation status. 

Any advice?

27 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Make sure you have no core isolation. Reboot. Then put . In core isolation box. IRQ will appear. 

I'm a little bit frustrated...😁

No isolation, rebooted 5 times and only the core isolation status is displayed when I type dot....

Is it the case to open a ticket in your opinion, or there's something else I can do?

Thanks again

2 hours ago, zeblo69 said:

Hi. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, I did, and lots of things are clear to me. But I miss the basic, meaning to say that I'm not able to have listed the IRQs assignment.

They say " To help with that you can look at the output of "cat /proc/interrupts" command by typing the period sign while in CPU isolation field.
Something like this will show in a dialog:..."

But it is not clear to me what to type...

Someone in the forum wrote to type "." but it returns to me only the the core isolation status. 

Any advice?

My server is down but as I recall you over type everything there with the period... nothing else can be left in the field.

What it returns is 1st column irq, next columns the data traffic by thread for each irq and last column the process/hw controller name

If this isn't working, it raises the question of whether a period is what is being pasted... you might want to copy/paste a period from a

3rd party text document just to make sure

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, ASRMichael said:

How many cores you have? 

Try this

Put 0-8 into core isolation. 8 being how many core/threads you have. Click apply

Then delete 0-8 and apply

Reboot. Try . Again 

Finally I got it working!

Thanks for the support.

15 minutes ago, davide256 said:

My server is down but as I recall you over type everything there with the period... nothing else can be left in the field.

What it returns is 1st column irq, next columns the data traffic by thread for each irq and last column the process/hw controller name

If this isn't working, it raises the question of whether a period is what is being pasted... you might want to copy/paste a period from a

3rd party text document just to make sure

Thank you.

I got it working now!

Hello Euphony Users,

today i want to try Euphony OS and created a USB stick. Booting was no problem and Euphony plays the Hans Zimmer Test-Track flawless. But how can i login into my Tidal and Qobuz Account? Doesn't this work with the trial?

Thanks for your help :-)

Best

Dominik

Hi guys.

I'm about to assembly a new streamer based on nuc nuc7i7dnke.

The question is about ddr4 apacer industrial grade ram. I've found a dealer who sold 3200 mhz sodimm modules, but the above nuc ram specification is stated 2400. Are 3200 modules compatible downwards with nuc7i7dnke, working without issues at 2400 mhz?

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian.

4 hours ago, zeblo69 said:

The question is about ddr4 apacer industrial grade ram. I've found a dealer who sold 3200 mhz sodimm modules, but the above nuc ram specification is stated 2400. Are 3200 modules compatible downwards with nuc7i7dnke, working without issues at 2400 mhz?

I haven't specifically tried the 3200 version, but the 2666 version worked fine in my NUC7i7DN, despite it only running at 2400, as shown on the BIOS display. I could not find a way of changing the default 2400 RAM speed in BIOS, and I think this parameter is only adjustable in certain (probably server-level) systems. Nevertheless, the 2666 version running at 2400 sounded better than the 2400 version running at 2400, so I suspect the same will apply to your 3200 version. 

1 hour ago, TheAttorney said:

I haven't specifically tried the 3200 version, but the 2666 version worked fine in my NUC7i7DN, despite it only running at 2400, as shown on the BIOS display. I could not find a way of changing the default 2400 RAM speed in BIOS, and I think this parameter is only adjustable in certain (probably server-level) systems. Nevertheless, the 2666 version running at 2400 sounded better than the 2400 version running at 2400, so I suspect the same will apply to your 3200 version. 

That sounds good in every sense!

Thanks a lot.