IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

4 hours ago, flkin said:

Thanks, @di-fi it's all about the music in the end 😄

I found that from 0217 (ie February) onwards, focus and bass tightness was more than the earlier versions - but when does it end? I find that with 1102, when the image of say a singer is right in front of you and palpable, does one need more focus? The bass in a live jazz session is naturally unfocused, you can't hear the edges of the instrument like you can with a brass instrument. So do we need tighter bass? That's why I think any valuable improvement would be more towards the texture and micro details. And perhaps a touch tighter bass. Not to say that 1102 is defective in anyway, I find it really good already. Say in Sara Bareilles' "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" in her Live at the Variety Playhouse album, the micro details of the audience in the background is almost as loud as her singing and 1102 is resolving enough paint the illusion of the soundstage so well you're almost there at the performance. But at the same time, during the loudest part of the song, her voice doesn't come across as overly hard or stinging. The high tone has just the right amount of energy, bodyweight and reverb. I don't get this balance with Euphony versions later than 1102. 

Thank you for the insight. I am familiar with that track, I’ll give it a listen. 

I am also aware that Željko needs specific and descriptive feedback, the reason I was asking you to elaborate on « bass » and « details ».  Great you already shared that with him.

I understand Željko was concerned, and he should be. When users here express dissatisfaction or disappointment they can be really helpful providing elaborated feedback (preferably sharing here or by opening a ticket @ Euphony).

After every update there are never details about changed sound quality, and IF something changed sound wise, for a reason.
Hard to satisfy all users all the time, but Euphony came a long way. 

2 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

How long are you guys running Euphony OS before you do a listening test?

I purchased my license on June 4th and only went through 2 updates and I’m enjoying the latest version… after an update I reboot as well and let it run for a few days, before deciding to try ram root and core isolation. This allows for better comparisons as suggested here as well… from my experience any OS even on mobile devices etc  need time to settle and return to stable performance. 

55 minutes ago, davide256 said:

hmm, had an issue where my 8i7beh NUC was sidelined, had to use an i5 WIN machine I built in December. Surprise, the choral music distortion I’ve been unhappy about went away 🤨

and to clarify this is regardless of whether Euphony or WIN10/Roon is used. 

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hello Euphony Users,

does anyone know if there is an option to see the full HQPlayer embedded configuration backend?

I want to configure the HQPlayer Buffer time but i can not find that option inside Euphony.

Thanks for your help

Best

Dominik

On 7/17/2021 at 10:36 PM, Lukasluis said:

I disabled the internal NIC of my NUC and now using USB to Ethernet adapter. Also disabled the Sata and pci controllers for Optane and now using a USB to NVME adapter.

16271840166335151718828974324184.jpg

4i3TQHXl.jpg

PBBEEjH.jpeg

(Since it might be somewhat tricky to figure out what's in the picture, I'm assuming that you're feeding 5V to the micro USB input of iDefender 3.0 or maybe the USB-C input of iDefender+)

Is your Orico M2PJM-C3 enclosure able to downregulate the voltage from 5V input to 3.3V output automatically? The lowest voltage of iPower is 5V and they never made anything with 3.3V so far.

Besides, did you get a chance to compare the differences between adding and taking away iSilencer? Thank you.

19 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

16271840166335151718828974324184.jpg

4i3TQHXl.jpg

PBBEEjH.jpeg

(Since it might be somewhat tricky to figure out what's in the picture, I'm assuming that you're feeding 5V to the micro USB input of iDefender 3.0 or maybe the USB-C input of iDefender+)

Is your Orico M2PJM-C3 enclosure able to downregulate the voltage from 5V input to 3.3V output automatically? The lowest voltage of iPower is 5V and they never made anything with 3.3V so far.

Besides, did you get a chance to compare the differences between adding and taking away iSilencer? Thank you.

Yes, I'm feeding iFi 5volts to the iDefender and yes the Orico is made for USB input so I guess it has a built-in regulator. The iSilencer+ adds a touch of clarity to the setup. 

3 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

Yes, I'm feeding iFi 5volts to the iDefender and yes the Orico is made for USB input so I guess it has a built-in regulator. The iSilencer+ adds a touch of clarity to the setup. 

After all of these, I now find that USB thumb drives sound better still. And the slowest thumb drive (Sandisk Cruzer Blade) sounded the best as compared to the higher speed ones. 

Hi everyone.

I want to share my experience with the recently installed Nuc.

Few days ago I decided to switch to a Nuc7i7dnh from my previous Acer core i7 laptop (1.9 GHz, 16 Gb of Ddr3 ram).

What I'm listenining now is something less smooth and with added harshness... My current config is as follows:

- Nuc7i7

- 16 Gb of Apacer industrial grade Ddr4 2400 ram

- Samsung 970 Evo plus M.2 ssd (Euphony drive)

- Samsung 860 ssd 2.5"

- 19V lpsu

- Ramroot enabled

- Core isolation: 0-3 irq/133 4 gstp 5-7 (irq is for usb; more cores to gstp means too harsh and too bright sound)

- Cpu speed limited to 1.2 GHz

I know it's only few days and maybe I have to be patient with the burn-in, but in the meanwhile suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian.

1 hour ago, zeblo69 said:

Hi everyone.

I want to share my experience with the recently installed Nuc.

Few days ago I decided to switch to a Nuc7i7dnh from my previous Acer core i7 laptop (1.9 GHz, 16 Gb of Ddr3 ram).

What I'm listenining now is something less smooth and with added harshness... My current config is as follows:

- Nuc7i7

- 16 Gb of Apacer industrial grade Ddr4 2400 ram

- Samsung 970 Evo plus M.2 ssd (Euphony drive)

- Samsung 860 ssd 2.5"

- 19V lpsu

- Ramroot enabled

- Core isolation: 0-3 irq/133 4 gstp 5-7 (irq is for usb; more cores to gstp means too harsh and too bright sound)

- Cpu speed limited to 1.2 GHz

I know it's only few days and maybe I have to be patient with the burn-in, but in the meanwhile suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian.

1) ditch the Samsung 970 Evo plus and use Optane memory as your boot drive… the Evo was harsher than Optane when I tried it

2) likewise with the internal SSD for media. Try using your laptop as media file server instead to compare, you should find it much easier on the ear. 

3) the comes with 19v supply is limiting, if you like what you hear after these steps consider a Superfarad 19v power supply

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

7 hours ago, davide256 said:

1) ditch the Samsung 970 Evo plus and use Optane memory as your boot drive… the Evo was harsher than Optane when I tried it

2) likewise with the internal SSD for media. Try using your laptop as media file server instead to compare, you should find it much easier on the ear. 

3) the comes with 19v supply is limiting, if you like what you hear after these steps consider a Superfarad 19v power supply

I will try with the Optane as soon as I can. I have a good linear psu and I'n not using the provided one.

In your opinion how is important the burn-in period (all devices are new)?

Thanks for the advices.

5 hours ago, mrkoven said:

did you try without ramroot? i dont like how ramroot sounds personally, which was surprising to me because i expected it to sound better in theory 

In my previous setup ramroot was a great option. I will try starting disabling ramroot and all the expert settings like core isolation...

In your opinion how is important the burn-in period (all devices are new)?

Thanks for the advices.

5 hours ago, Smaragdhk said:

Same here, using 10i7 NUC in a fanless case powered by a Keces linear power supply without ram root and default core isolation sounds better to me, less congested, more air and a bit more relaxed in the high frequency range.

I will try disabling all the advanced options and starting from the default ones.

Thanks for the advices.

11 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Anyone else experience on the odd occasion? tracks that are buffered tend to skip the odd track? plays for short duration then moves onto the next tracks? 

I wonder if it's anything to do with playing large files from PGGB?

Had this a couple odd times but with DSD files… I recall it has something to do with not reading the durations correctly… 

20 hours ago, davide256 said:

Kindly, which model of Optane should I buy for my Nuc7i7dnhe in order to avoid mistakes? 

Thanks in advance.