IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hi novtom,

thanks for your suggestion. This morning I tried everything you can imagine to get it to work, including your suggestion. Nothing works. When I change the settings from Stylus to Roon + Stylus or Roon + Squeezelite I should get the opportunity to choose another zone. This doesn't happen. While the setting is on Roon + Stylus I can play music but basically I listen to Roon I think. The sound quality is a little less then Stylus. In the settings of Roon you can see that Roon tries to find a Squeezebox device but can't find any.

When I try my Euphony V3 streamer everything works fine. From there I can conclude there is no network problem or another problem in my house that obstruct Roon to find a Squeezebox device. 

When I listened to the trial V4 from my usb stick this problem didn't occur.

I think I will send Zeljko a ticket. 

I've saved the v3 fingerprint and license code and have now recorded the v4 trial fingerprint.  What is the procedure to get a discount for v3 users who buy a yearly license to replace their v3 with v4?

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

5 hours ago, lwr said:

I've saved the v3 fingerprint and license code and have now recorded the v4 trial fingerprint.  What is the procedure to get a discount for v3 users who buy a yearly license to replace their v3 with v4?

V3 owners should have received an email titled “promotion for Stylus 4”. 

“Dear Euphony Stylus 3 user,

We would like to inform you about availability of all new Stylus 4.”

“How to get upgrade. When you choose “Buy now” button for Stylus subscription (at https://euphony-audio.com/v4/subscription) you will be redirected to STRIPE payment form. On left side of form you can see button “Add promotion code”. For Promotion code type: “3FOREDS” (type without quotes) and complete payment.  After success, you will get an email with your new Stylus 4 activation code (voucher). Notice: New Stylus 4 license can be only activated only on particular hardware where your old Stylus is active now.”

Thank you!

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

I just upgraded from v3 to v4...it works without issues. The SQ improvement is HUGE. I have used v3 with Roon because i can not stream through ethernet to dcs bartok. Now Im using v4, I can stream through ethernet to my DAC and use full euphony and stylus with playlist buffer to RAM. Its a jump in SQ compared to euphony + Roon. I checked in v4, in core isolation dialog box only have 3 processes, is it still necessary to do core isolation in v4??

39 minutes ago, flkin said:

I will have a chance to compare Euphony v4 with Win10 IoT Enterprise LTSC / JPlay (Custom ISO) both installed internally in the same streamer this coming weekend. The streamer is built by @Anwarand will be on demo in a HiFi show in Kuala Lumpur from the 5-7 Aug.

Not easy to get a comparison for this - most streamers are usually optimised one way or the other. And Win10/JPlay setups might not have been tuned well to get the max sound achievable, but that will not be the case here. Thanks Dr.Anwar for setting this up!  😄

Looking forward to hearing the differences between the 2 setups and plan to report my findings here.

Yesterday I bought V4 and installed on ssd nvme M2, I listened for about an hour and a half, then I replaced M2 with another one on which I have Win 10 pro, optimized with the various most popular programs.

The latter seemed clearly superior to me in terms of detail, involvement and naturalness, especially of the voices. As against the boubble upnp interface it is not comparable to that of Stylus.

For MY verdict I reserve the right to make other plays. It will be interesting to have your opinion, especially because you can test it on an excellent PC like that of Anwar , I look forward to your impressions

2 hours ago, Tatang said:

I think it depend how the setup from server to dac. If using UPNP through ethernet cable, linux based OS like euphony still can be better if tuned well. But if using USb connection to DAC, I think windows OS will be ahead in comparison, as windows have more advance ASIO driver for USB that can be tuned. Thats my opinion.

Would love someone to write a optimized linux driver for JCAT USB

4 hours ago, Tatang said:

I think it depend how the setup from server to dac. If using UPNP through ethernet cable, linux based OS like euphony still can be better if tuned well. But if using USb connection to DAC, I think windows OS will be ahead in comparison, as windows have more advance ASIO driver for USB that can be tuned. Thats my opinion.

I expect that the system will be playing USB to DAC and I’ll try to listen to both ASIO and Kernel Streaming.

2 minutes ago, al2813 said:

Back from holiday and I took the upgrade. I will use the SW for the next one year but will think carefully before renewing. The 119 EUR price is before EU VAT - 143 EUR per year will make me think twice....

Same here. First year with discount is ok but there is no way to go back to V3 if I don't renew. As I'm quite happy with V3, I think I'll keep it for a while.

51 minutes ago, al2813 said:

I saw already some people had hiccups when starting V4. I just opened a ticket as the system lost its registration once I did the full installation to the internal disk.....

I had the same problem. Robert fixed the problem the same evening.

I still have the problem that Roon can't find Stylus. Robert promised me he will look into the changes of the latest Roon update and will come back on it. Am I the only one or are there more Euphony V4 users with this problem? I also have a streamer with V3. This streamer doesn't have this problem. The question is if it is software related or didn't the installation of V4 go completely well?

2 hours ago, al2813 said:

Back from holiday and I took the upgrade. I will use the SW for the next one year but will think carefully before renewing. The 119 EUR price is before EU VAT - 143 EUR per year will make me think twice....

Hi all.
I think it's too expensive for still raw software compared to ROON. Moreover, the Euphony team does not give a choice (there is no possibility to buy a lifetime subscription).
In terms of sound quality, yes, Euphony Stylus sounds a little better than ROON, but in terms of functionality, it is very far from ROON. There is no normal integration with either TIDAL or QOBUZ.
That's why I don't even consider switching to version 4. I stay on version 3, especially since as a server I use ROON, which is more convenient in managing content and for which I have a lifetime subscription.

Sincerely,
Antanas

7 hours ago, bos3812 said:

I had the same problem. Robert fixed the problem the same evening.

I still have the problem that Roon can't find Stylus. Robert promised me he will look into the changes of the latest Roon update and will come back on it. Am I the only one or are there more Euphony V4 users with this problem? I also have a streamer with V3. This streamer doesn't have this problem. The question is if it is software related or didn't the installation of V4 go completely well?

I have same problem as yours. Still cannot connect Roon to euphony, Roon sees euphony but can not connect. Thats why i migrate to stylus at the moment, which i experienced the uplift in SQ but Roon interface is much more user friendly. Please update me if Robert already fixed this Roon integration. Thanks

12 hours ago, bos3812 said:

5 hours ago, Tatang said:

I have same problem as yours. Still cannot connect Roon to euphony, Roon sees euphony but can not connect. Thats why i migrate to stylus at the moment, which i experienced the uplift in SQ but Roon interface is much more user friendly. Please update me if Robert already fixed this Roon integration. Thanks

I have no issues playing the Roon + StylusEP option. This is the Roon inside Euphony not from outside. First time running it, took a long time for Roon to update but eventually succeeded. Thereafter, no issues. Sounds terrible but works fine for me.

Normally I run Roon outside my streamer in a separate system but point it to the same database as Euphony. This is not for playback, only for file discovery so I can find info on albums/performers etc. and also see what I have in my joint Local/Tidal/Qobuz database. I then return to Euphony to play the files. A little cumbersome but works well especially for the case when I find the online version of the album I want to hear in Roon and add it from there, it appears in Euphony as the top album (sort by last added).

I control my playback on an iPad with both Euphony (primary playback system) and Roon (info only second system) showing at the same time to get best of both worlds.

1 hour ago, flkin said:

I have no issues playing the Roon + StylusEP option. This is the Roon inside Euphony not from outside. First time running it, took a long time for Roon to update but eventually succeeded. Thereafter, no issues. Sounds terrible but works fine for me.

Normally I run Roon outside my streamer in a separate system but point it to the same database as Euphony. This is not for playback, only for file discovery so I can find info on albums/performers etc. and also see what I have in my joint Local/Tidal/Qobuz database. I then return to Euphony to play the files. A little cumbersome but works well especially for the case when I find the online version of the album I want to hear in Roon and add it from there, it appears in Euphony as the top album (sort by last added).

I control my playback on an iPad with both Euphony (primary playback system) and Roon (info only second system) showing at the same time to get best of both worlds.

I used the Roon inside euphony, when it said need update, i click update...but it neveer finished, So it dont work untill this time

2 hours ago, Tatang said:

I used the Roon inside euphony, when it said need update, i click update...but it neveer finished, So it dont work untill this time

2 hours ago, flkin said:

Same thing happened to me. Took a long time and several tries. Eventually the update completed. During the update, there is no indication that anything was happening. 

Yes, the same thing happened to me. I saw that Roon 1.7 is part of the installation file. I can't exactly remember myself what happened during the update of Roon but I was under the impression that something had gone wrong. After the installation of Euphony V4 I had a registration issue. My voucher code was not recognised anymore. When Robert had fixed this everything seemed oké except the Roon - Stylus EP issue. 

I can imagine that Robert and Zeljko are very busy now. I hope of course this will be fixed soon because Roon - Stylus EP is the way I listen to my music. It's also possible that the update of Roon didn't go well completely because some of us doesn't have this problem. I ask myself why the installation files of Euphony V4 still contain Roon 1.7 and not be updated to a recent Roon file. I am not a computer expert so I can't say whether this matters.