IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

I found this post in the thread, and is wondering if this has been implemented or myteck DAC has some way to do HT-bypass?

Dear Michal of Mytek,

Would you be able to incorporate the volume memory function within the FPGA chip to remember the volume type and level for each individual input? For users of HT processors, it will prove invaluable to incorporate this to the single-ended inputs of the pre-amp version to incorporate a HT-bypass function. At the moment, I believe most users are stuck in the situation where they will have to instinctively remember to re-adjust the volume levels back down in fear of blowing up the speakers when they change inputs in such a setup. Your feedback on this is much appreciated!

Ivan

Singapore

Got 2 questions regarding digital volume control and DSD:

1. I understand how digital volume works with PCM, but don't quite sure how this works with DSD input within Sabre chip, is it actually converted to PCM before volume control stage?

2. I use digital volume combined for DAC and use analog input to bypass HT signal from AV receiver, sort of working great. However there is one problem, not sure if it's software bug or hardware related, if anyone else experienced it. That is, if I have USB2 inputing DSD data, and digital volume say at -20db, when switch from analog to USB2, I got loud (0db) DSD music for about 1 second. It happens all the time, even happens if I mute the DAC before switching from analog to USB2, very annoying and may impact power amp and speaker.

Thanks.

Mytek's delay with releasing up to date firewire drivers is getting a bit much. v4.1.2 firewire drivers are out there in generic form and I've been using/testing them for a while now. Compared to Mytek's near 2 years old TC Applied Technologies version offering, v4.1.2 are miles ahead in terms of performance and stability. I can't see any reason why they haven't released these to the public yet? Come on Mytek!

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

Using 412 here as well and there's a bif difference. MYTEK is A scumbag COMPANY WITH zero support.

Why don't you say what you REALLY think!!!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Using 412 here as well and there's a bif difference. MYTEK is A scumbag COMPANY WITH zero support.

Not my experience at all. I think if you review some fairly recent posts you will see that they have given a reason for not releasing a new driver. Memory says it is because they are committed to supporting some older versions of the MAC OS.

But these posts really amaze me. Some of you write as if there are NO working drivers for the Mytek and haven't been for 2 years. Get a griip. Okay so the software isn't perfect and doesn't have every feature that YOU want. So what?! Maybe your specific needs aren't the priority of Mytek and they are trying to please more users than just you and a small number of others.

For ME, the FW driver works wonderfully and I'm very happy with it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Well its easy to address, if you don't like the product or the support, sell it and purchase something else.

The Truth Is Out There

Gees, that's rough... I wouldn't go as far as to say scumbag company, I've gotten great support from Mytek with DAC issues.

But I do stand by the 2 years is a long time for software release to the public when there are newer been available for sometime. The newer firewire drivers really are ahead in stability, bug fixes and performance. Been up to date with the releases of TC generic drivers and seen performance improvements. I do remember maybe 6 months ago Mytek saying their new firewire driver are just around the corner. Why the change of mind/delay? If they are committed to supporting older OS as as mentioned, a release of new drivers isn't going to affect making the older ones available too.

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

Mytek's delay with releasing up to date firewire drivers is getting a bit much. v4.1.2 firewire drivers are out there in generic form and I've been using/testing them for a while now. Compared to Mytek's near 2 years old TC Applied Technologies version offering, v4.1.2 are miles ahead in terms of performance and stability. I can't see any reason why they haven't released these to the public yet? Come on Mytek!

I think the preferred option now for Windows /JRiver users is to use USB and ASIO for any PCM/DSD sources. I believe this combination is even better musically than Firewire/DOP even with latest drivers. It is quite hard to figure out why there is no formal firewire driver release from Mytek but experienced computer users can fairly easily substitute either the generic or Weiss drivers.

I agree there are benefits to these firewire driver upgrades upgrades and for whatever reason Mytek are doing themselves no favours . I thoroughly enjoy my Mytek DAC but I am somewhat reluctant to recommend it for others and would be unlikely to consider further acquisitions from them given their indifferent customer support. Soon we will be nagging them over the beta firmware not being finalised (this current build seems to have reinstated clicks with DSD at end/beginning of tracks).

Music Interests: http://www.onebitaudio.com

I think the preferred option now for Windows /JRiver users is to use USB and ASIO for any PCM/DSD sources. I believe this combination is even better musically than Firewire/DOP even with latest drivers. It is quite hard to figure out why there is no formal firewire driver release from Mytek but experienced computer users can fairly easily substitute either the generic or Weiss drivers.

a very different experience to you. USB, no matter how good the cable etc., sounds gritty and unrefined compared to Firewire, and Firewire/DOP is much better sounding than USB DSD bitstreaming. I've gone back and forth a couple times during the year just to be sure. I come to the same conclusion, Firewire just sounds better, more convincing in all areas.

a very different experience to you. USB, no matter how good the cable etc., sounds gritty and unrefined compared to Firewire, and Firewire/DOP is much better sounding than USB DSD bitstreaming. I've gone back and forth a couple times during the year just to be sure. I come to the same conclusion, Firewire just sounds better, more convincing in all areas.

+1

http://www.premiermixing.com

SqueezeBox Touch / MacBook Pro -> Audirvana Plus -> Firewire -> Mytek Stereo192-DSD -> GAC1 Pro -> Luxman L-410 -> Rubicon RP63F

SqueezeBox Touch / MacBook Pro -> Audirvana Plus -> Firewire -> Mytek Stereo192-DSD -> GAC1 Pro -> DIY Headphone Amp -> Beyerdynamic T70 / AKG K500 / Sennheiser HD540 / Shure SRH840

Mac Pro -> Audirvana Plus -> Lynx AES16 -> Lynx CBL-AES1605 -> Lynx Aurora -> Mogami 2932 XLR -> M-Audio EX66

Interesting, I came up with exactly the opposite conclusion. I have a dedicated PCI card for USB and another for firewire in my machine, using an Audioquest forest cable for both USb and firewire, and with old drivers USB is noticeably preferable to me.

Horses for courses, I suppose. I keep them both hooked up constantly, but the Firewire is my "system" output, while the USB with ASIO and DSD bitstreaming is my "dedicated" output. Looking forward to trying these new drivers and seeing if I change my mind.

Silent Win10 Music Server -> Roon -> HQP -> Singxer SU-1 -> Holo Audio Spring -> ECP L2 -> HD800 / Grado HP2i / HE-1000 / JH 13

so if all you mytek owners had to do it again would you still purchase the Mytek 192? If not why and what DSD dac would you be looking at?

Yep, definitely purchase again. Been through many DACs, Ayre QB9, Benchmark, Weiss, Lavry. Had the Mytek for year and a half now and I don't have that upgrade bug. and it's not becasue of DSD, although sounds incredible, I have very few albums in that format. PCM just sounds 'right' with this DAC.

so if all you mytek owners had to do it again would you still purchase the Mytek 192? If not why and what DSD dac would you be looking at?

I've had my Mytek for just a few weeks over a year. I *think* I would likely do it again. My only hesitation is that I'm curious about some of the DACs that have come out over the last year at around the same price as the Mytek. Might any of these be any better with 16/44.1 than the Mytek while still being just as awesome with high res PCM and DSD? I don't have an answer to that.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I'd stil consider it, but might buy the Lynx instead as it also has ADC capability. I'd also like to hear the new Ayre DSD DAC, although that is more expensive.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Mytek or Lynx Hilo. End of story.

SqueezeBox Touch / MacBook Pro -> Audirvana Plus -> Firewire -> Mytek Stereo192-DSD -> GAC1 Pro -> Luxman L-410 -> Rubicon RP63F

SqueezeBox Touch / MacBook Pro -> Audirvana Plus -> Firewire -> Mytek Stereo192-DSD -> GAC1 Pro -> DIY Headphone Amp -> Beyerdynamic T70 / AKG K500 / Sennheiser HD540 / Shure SRH840

Mac Pro -> Audirvana Plus -> Lynx AES16 -> Lynx CBL-AES1605 -> Lynx Aurora -> Mogami 2932 XLR -> M-Audio EX66

WooHoo! Mytek have listened! new Firewire drivers here! Mytek Digital | HiFi

Any information, what's new? If i am happy with the current Mac drivers, does it worth to upgrade?

Any information, what's new? If i am happy with the current Mac drivers, does it worth to upgrade?

many fixes/enhancements.. i don't have mac drivers, these are for windows. Maybe someone can post the fixes/enhancements for mac.

Version 4.1.3

Issues resolved:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #555555]CASE[/TD]

[TD]DESCRIPTION[/TD]

[TD]OS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1109[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The driver could become unresponsive after reattaching or power-cycling a device multiple times.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: white]XP/Vista[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1131[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]When using stacked devices, a device's input channels could be incorrectly sample-aligned.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: #dddddd]XP/Vista/Win7/Win8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1139, 1172, 1173, 1239[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]An intermittent BSOD could occur on some system configurations.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: white]XP/Vista/Win7/Win8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1205[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The Control Panel's System tab was failing to report OHCI chipsets on Windows XP SP3.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: #dddddd]XP[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1207[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]On a system with high DPC latency, WDM audio could become distorted when the driver experienced successive DPC delays.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1220[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A rare BSOD could occur when more than one application was playing or recording WDM audio.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1221[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A rare BSOD could occur when opening a WDM audio application on a Windows 32-bit OS.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1228[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A BSOD could occur after detaching a device while an audio application was using it.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1232[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]Improved the driver's allocation of FireWire isochronous bandwidth.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1233[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]Audio streaming could become distorted when using a FireWire hard drive.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Version 4.1.2

Issues resolved:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]DESCRIPTION[/TD]

[TD]OS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1193[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The checkbox added to the Control Panel in Version 4.1.0 which allows user control over whether WDM applications are allowed to change the sample rate on Windows Vista and later has been removed. This is now automatically controlled by the driver. WDM audio applications may change the sample rate by default, and are only restricted when an ASIO audio application is active.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: white]Vista/Win7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1194[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A BSOD could occur after changing the sample rate when playing or recording WDM audio.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1196[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]With a device that only publishes a single sample rate, after a sample rate change occurred WDM audio could still attempt to use and display the old rate.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1199[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The first part of playback could be skipped when a WDM audio application used the WASPI event-driven (pull) mode.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: #dddddd]Vista/Win7/Win8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1200[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The Control Panel could become unresponsive after a device was removed.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1206[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A BSOD could occur after a device was removed when playing or recording WDM audio.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Version 4.1.1

Issues resolved:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]DESCRIPTION[/TD]

[TD]OS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1146[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A BSOD could occur when playing WDM 24-bit audio with some audio applications.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: white]XP/Vista/Win7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1150[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The AC3 encoded audio driver could show incorrect channel capabilities.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: #dddddd]XP/Vista/Win7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1152[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]WDM audio playback could become distorted when using WDM WASAPI mode in Sonar.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1159[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The WDM bit rate (16 or 24-bit) is now maintained when the sample rate is changed.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1163[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]WDM audio playback could become distorted when using WDM KS mode in Reaper.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1168[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A drawing glitch could occur in the WDM Channel Mapping window.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1169[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A WDM channel could be accidentally unmapped without dragging it into a channel assignment slot.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Version 4.1.0

Issues resolved:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]DESCRIPTION[/TD]

[TD]OS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]889[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]Audio streaming could become distorted when using a FireWire hard drive on a computer using an LSI FW643 OHCI with revision 0x06. Higher revisions were not affected.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1027[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A workaround has been added to avoid an intermittent BSOD that could occur in Microsoft's new 1394 OHCI bus driver on Windows 7 when freeing isochronous resources.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: #dddddd]Win7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1051, 1091[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The driver could leak resources when an unexpected error condition occurred.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1070, 1102[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A device could become unresponsive after sleeping and waking the computer.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1071[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]When configured to use WDM/KS, Sonar X1 would report that the audio engine had stopped when recording.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1087[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A WDM input or output audio channel could become distorted after a change to the channel's mapping.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1092[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A rare BSOD could occur when playing WDM 24-bit audio.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1093[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]WDM audio playback could become distorted after leaving the system inactive for awhile.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1094[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A WDM audio application was able to change the sample rate even though the sample rate was locked.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1097[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]WDM audio could become distorted when a 24-bit format was used.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1100, 1113[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A new checkbox has been added to the Control Panel which allows user control over whether WDM applications are allowed to change the sample rate on Windows Vista and later. This is for users who primarily use WDM audio applications. Users who use ASIO audio applications should leave this unchecked to prevent an issue where WDM audio could fail to play when an ASIO application is active.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: white]Vista/Win7/Win8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1103[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A rare BSOD could occur when waking the computer from sleep.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1107[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]When attaching a device for the first time after installing the driver, a delay could occur before the WDM audio and MIDI ports were published.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1116[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A rare BSOD could occur after connecting a device.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1120, 1132[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A BSOD could occur if an application was accessing a device while it was being removed.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1121[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]When using stacked devices, after changing the sample rate a slave device's input channels could be incorrectly sample-aligned.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1129[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A BSOD could occur if a device was already attached to another computer on the FireWire bus.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1134[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]Improved performance when using more than two stacked devices on Windows 7 and later.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: #dddddd]Win7/Win8[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Version 4.0.0

Issues resolved:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]DESCRIPTION[/TD]

[TD]OS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]22[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]MIDI latency has been improved.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]277, 1009[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]MIDI data throughput has been improved.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]368, 827, 962, 1000[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The driver's streaming engine has been rewritten to improve performance, stability, and reduce latency. It is optimized to work on both Microsoft's new and legacy 1394 OHCI bus drivers. ASIO performance when using small buffer sizes is vastly improved.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]412[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The driver's ASIO interface has been refactored to improve performance and compatibility with ASIO host applications.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]455[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The driver's handling of DPC delays has been greatly improved. The driver will also no longer send a kASIOResetRequest event to ASIO host applications when a streaming discontinuity occurs due to a DPC delay.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]705, 739, 806[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]Added support for Dynamic Format Change on Windows 7. The sample rate used by WDM audio will now follow the sample rate set in the Control Panel.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]714[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]MIDI output is now more accurately aligned with the audio.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]744[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The driver's ASIO interface now supports buffer sizes starting at 32, 64, or 128 (depending on the current sample rate) and increasing by a power-of-two.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]777[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]On Windows 7, the WDM audio input's gain was too sensitive and could cause clipping.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: white]Win7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]794[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The driver's new streaming engine avoids almost all of the performance issues that are present in Microsoft's new 1394 OHCI bus driver in Windows 7.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]805[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A rare BSOD could occur when a system would wake from sleep.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]815[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The driver could stop responding after switching to 176.2kHz or 192kHz.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: #dddddd]XP[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]833[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The driver would incorrectly take a second longer to initially start streaming when a device was first connected.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]838, 867, 910, 919, 921, 935[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The WDM audio driver has been rewritten to use a new Windows streaming model in order to improve performance and to take advantage of newer features.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]857[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A rare BSOD could occur when a device was attached.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]920[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]A WDM output's audio could become silent when the Front L or Front R channel was remapped to another channel.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]931, 938[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A WDM input or output audio channel could become distorted after a change to the channel's mapping.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]934[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]Fixed a minor memory leak in the MIDI driver.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]940[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The WDM audio input can now be configured as either a mono or stereo source.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]990[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The performance of the WDM audio driver has been optimized.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]999[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The ASIO driver could be delayed up to 8 seconds in starting up.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1007[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]Support for AC3 audio was not fully implemented.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1008[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The Operation Mode settings have been renamed. On both platforms there are four modes available: Low Latency, Normal, and Safe Mode Levels 1 to 2.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Old Setting[/TD]

[TD]New Setting[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Normal[/TD]

[TD]Low Latency[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Safe Mode Level 1[/TD]

[TD]Normal[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Safe Mode Level 2[/TD]

[TD]Safe Mode Level 1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Safe Mode Level 3[/TD]

[TD]Safe Mode Level 2[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

On Windows, the Operation Mode setting no longer affects the minimum ASIO buffer size.[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: white]XP/Vista/Win7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1013[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The Control Panel could crash if an exception occurred during the initial connection to the driver.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1017[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The Control Panel could take up to 50 seconds to launch if an exception occurred during the initial connection to the driver.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1019[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The driver's streaming engine would not recover correctly after a large DPC delay (>24ms) resulting in distorted audio.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1020[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A BSOD could occur when playing or recording WDM audio.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1025[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The driver was not correctly enabling a workaround that decreases CPU usage on Windows 7.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1029[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The Control Panel's Event Log window is now wider by default, and is now resizable.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1033[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The ASIO driver now reports the correct ratio of input latency and output latency.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1034[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]When using stacked devices, the driver could send invalid packets for a short duration that would cause the slave devices to take longer to lock.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1035[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]Fixed a minor memory leak in the AC3 encoded audio driver.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1038[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The Control Panel's DPC graph could be only partially drawn.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1039[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The Control Panel's DPC tab now indicates that it is not available when there is no device attached.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1041[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]AC3 encoded audio was not being streamed correctly.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1042[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The Control Panel's DPC tab was not using the correct DPC delay thresholds when recommending an Operation Mode.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1043[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]Improved performance when using stacked devices on Windows 7.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: white]Win7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1049[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]The Control Panel could crash when moving the mouse wheel over another application's window.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1050[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]The performance of the driver when using stacked devices has been improved.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1053, 1059[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]AC3 parameters are now locked when an ASIO or WDM application is using the driver.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1054[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]A BSOD could occur when detaching a device while an ASIO host application was using it.[/TD]

[TD=width: 125, bgcolor: white]XP[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1060, 1062[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]An ASIO host application's audio could become distorted if it was using a large percentage of CPU time to process its audio.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: white]1066[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: white]WDM audio could stutter when paused in some WDM audio applications.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 75, bgcolor: #dddddd]1072[/TD]

[TD=width: 500, bgcolor: #dddddd]An ASIO host application's audio could become silent after changing the sample rate.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thanks

well I'm almost ready to bite the bullet on the Mytek, The Lynx hilo seems to be geared a little more toward professionals. Im very new to computer audio since before this I had only used Logitech media server and flac. The lynx site only mentions sample rates but not whether it does DSD or not. The manual did mention the Asio Driver though so Im guessing it does.

Does anyone know of someone that does mytek demos around the south bay? would like to demo the Ayre and Mytek in my system before I take the leap.

I have a Mac book pro Im planning on using for my audio PC, is there a consensus for the best software and connection type (usb Firewire) for doing DSD with the Mytek?

Does anyone know of someone that does mytek demos around the south bay?

South of what bay?

Ayre and Mytek are polar opposites at the mellow and bright end of the spectrum, respectively.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

I urge you to join the Bay Area Audio Society.

Join BAAS | BAASnotes.com – Bay Area Audiophile Society

They had a demo of the Benchmark and Mytek DACs 5 months ago:

The Great BAAS DSD DAC Shootout… | BAASnotes.com – Bay Area Audiophile Society

Guitar Sings as DSD DACs Shoot it Out | AudioStream

After you join, you can post questions on their web forum. Perhaps a local member will let you audition their Mytek.

As mentioned in the articles linked above, Blue Coast Records in Belmont is a Mytek dealer, but I don't know whether they will let you audition one since they are a recording studio rather than a hifi store.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7