IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

off course there is, you can find it in the applications folder

Yes, mistake from me. After upgraded firmware (1.7.5) and the latest firewire driver, in operation mode menu, "safe mode level 1" is checked, as my initial set up.

After installed the mytek firmware, I don't have none issue or bug with A+

Anyone tried the new firmware(1.7.5) with foobar 1.2.8 playing "hdsd" files?

It plays fine with 1.7.1 (haven't found the need to upgrade firmware yet), as described;

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/foobar-and-converting-flac-dsd128-fly-16433/?highlight=dsd+128

Jim

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz

Upgraded to 1.7.5, playing hdsd files without any problem even with older usb firmware 1.33.10

Now using foobar 1.2.9 with usb firmware 1.34.10, enjoying the music.

2 thumbs up for Mytek, at last a proven new firmware :)

Yes, mistake from me. After upgraded firmware (1.7.5) and the latest firewire driver, in operation mode menu, "safe mode level 1" is checked, as my initial set up.
If you were using "safe mode 1" in previous Dice Control NOW you have to set to "normal mode".

They have changed the name and the order:

eb7b6a.png

hello everybody.

since update to the latest firmware 1.7.5 (beta or final doesn't matter) my mytek will no longer play wav or flac tracks with sample rate 96kHz or higher via firewire.

if i use usb2 everything works.

i have some vinyl rips in 96/24 that cannot be played via firewire. with 41 or 44 kHz tracks there is no problem. i also downloaded some 96 and 192 tracks with the same result. the display shows correct sample rate but there is no signal (level meters don't show up). this is with foobar 1.2.9 under windows7.

upsampling on / off dosen't make a difference, too.

can someone try this out and confirm please ?

i would like to know whether my unit is faulty or they should delete 96 / 192 pcm playback from firewire spec if the device is updated to firmware 1.7.5.

Windows Notebook / Foobar2000 -> Mytek 192 DSD -> Lua 6060 Tube Amp -> T+A Speaker

Vinyl: Thorens TD320 / MC Rondo Red -> Threshold Fet Nine -> Lake People ADC C440 -> AES

HP: Denon AH-D7000

hello everybody.

since update to the latest firmware 1.7.5 (beta or final doesn't matter) my mytek will no longer play wav or flac tracks with sample rate 96kHz or higher via firewire.

i have some vinyl rips in 96/24 that cannot be played via firewire. with 41 or 44 kHz tracks there is no problem. i also downloaded some 96 and 192 tracks with the same result. the display shows correct sample rate but there is no signal (level meters don't show up). this is with foobar 1.2.9 under windows7.

i would like to know whether my unit is faulty or they should delete 96 / 192 pcm playback from firewire spec if the device is updated to firmware 1.7.5.

Sorry, I have it and everything is working fine with FW. I am using Windows 7 and JRiver. For you, I tried Foobar using ASIO out to FW, and it played 24- 96, 176, and 192 with no problem. It must be some other setting.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My apologies in advance...

Most CD players/DACs like my Esoteric seem to have a nominal Output Voltage of 2.5 Vrms.

While I am sure this has been discussed elsewhere in this voluminous thread with respect to "jumpers" if I remember correctly, I am interested in knowing what the Output Voltage is of my DAC (S/N ending in 117*) which was built/received 09/12/12. From what I poorly understand, it might be either 0.614 Vrms or 0.307 Vrms.

Thanks in advance since this might be related to an earlier post of mine re distortion.

Sorry, I have it and everything is working fine with FW. I am using Windows 7 and JRiver. For you, I tried Foobar using ASIO out to FW, and it played 24- 96, 176, and 192 with no problem. It must be some other setting.

firedog,

thank you very much for testing !

and yes, i forgot to mention asio out of course.

i have an rather early unit. may be this is related to older mainboard layout only. - can you tell the hardware revision or build date of your unit ?

thanks again and regards

dubbio

Windows Notebook / Foobar2000 -> Mytek 192 DSD -> Lua 6060 Tube Amp -> T+A Speaker

Vinyl: Thorens TD320 / MC Rondo Red -> Threshold Fet Nine -> Lake People ADC C440 -> AES

now i did what i normally wouldn't because risk of failure.

i flashed back to 1.7.1.7 and guess what ?

it lets me play 96kHz tracks again (via fw)...

so this is truly a flaw within the 1.7.5.x FW - at least as far as i am concerned. - anyone else ?

through the top coveri i can read 4.4 on the board sticker (don't can read the full P/N). guess this is board revsion.

Hi guys,

Wonder, has anyone experienced humming noise from USB/Firewire? This noise is there even when the DAC is not even on. It's very pronounced for low impedance headphones (~32 ohms). Unplugged these wires and the noise was gone. I use Pangea silver core USB wire and can't imagine it's badly shielded. My 192 has f/w 1.7.5, usb driver 1.34.10, and firewire driver 4.1.3.

Currently, I used optical to eliminate the noise but can't do DSD. Any help would be great!

now i did what i normally wouldn't because risk of failure.

i flashed back to 1.7.1.7 and guess what ?

it lets me play 96kHz tracks again (via fw)...

so this is truly a flaw within the 1.7.5.x FW - at least as far as i am concerned. - anyone else ?

through the top coveri i can read 4.4 on the board sticker (don't can read the full P/N). guess this is board revsion.

Dubbio:

I've tested my setup for the problems you've encountered, but I didn't had any problem (so far).

I used Foobar 1.2.9, latest Mytek Firmware and latest Mytek/DICE Firewire driver on Win 7 32Bit.

88,2/96/192 files played seamlessly.

But: I usually don't use the firewire port of my laptop as it uses around 10% more of cpu cycles as when used via USB2 ... (FWIW...).

Seems that there might be some other factors in play with your setup.

Cheers

Harald

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

hello everybody.

no problem here. windows 7 JRMC ASIO using Firewire. 1.7.5 firmware.

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

above that should read, windows 8. I have an early non -6dB gain jumper model.

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

Hi guys,

Wonder, has anyone experienced humming noise from USB/Firewire? This noise is there even when the DAC is not even on. It's very pronounced for low impedance headphones (~32 ohms). Unplugged these wires and the noise was gone. I use Pangea silver core USB wire and can't imagine it's badly shielded. My 192 has f/w 1.7.5, usb driver 1.34.10, and firewire driver 4.1.3.

Currently, I used optical to eliminate the noise but can't do DSD. Any help would be great!

Yes I have, Scooby! Not using headphones but when I connect PC to Mytek I get a pronounced hum/buzz over my speakers. Interesting, since I am using the Pangea USB as well, tho' not the silver! I even mapped my USB ports so I could have the PC/DAC connection on its own buss and also tried a USB3.0 expansion card to essentially have a dedicated buss. Neither of these solved the problem.

I just purchased the Adnaco fiber/USB system to provide galvanic isolation...

Adnaco-S3B – USB 3.0 Over Fiber Optic Expansion System

The R1USB30 is connected to a host computer, equipped with the Adnaco-H1A card and a fiber optic cable. SuperSpeed USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices and capable of operating with USB 2.0 platforms. The R1USB30 works with all USB systems and peripherals and does not require any additional software.

Had some fellow audiophiles over just yesterday to compare fiber to regular USB. Not only did the Adnaco eliminate the buzz but all of us agreed that the sound was a tremendous improvement tho' YMMV. The Adnaco "kit" plus cable ordered separately, both on Amazon, came to ~$400 all inclusive with a 30-day return privilege.

There is an extensive thread at <http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/sotm-tx-usbexp-audiophile-pcie-usb-audio-card-vs-adnaco-s3b-%96-usb-3-0-over-fiber-optic-expansion-system-14999/index2.html#post238315>

Good luck!

blaine78 and Harald,

i want to thank you both for feed back, especially with older units.

so far i had the same results with xp_32 (old drv) and w7_64 (newer drv). - not too much hope left.

anyway, i will have to try again.

if it doesn't work i will contact dealer and / or mytek.

dubbio

Adnaco-S3B – USB 3.0 Over Fiber Optic Expansion System

The R1USB30 is connected to a host computer, equipped with the Adnaco-H1A card and a fiber optic cable. SuperSpeed USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices and capable of operating with USB 2.0 platforms. The R1USB30 works with all USB systems and peripherals and does not require any additional software.

Thank you! Will check it out. You guys are life-savers and awesome!

If you were using "safe mode 1" in previous Dice Control NOW you have to set to "normal mode".

They have changed the name and the order:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6562[/ATTACH]

Hello Esprit,

Thanks you for the info. When I upgraded the latest firewire driver, I had forgotten to desinstalled the OLD version.

And displaying was as before. Now all is ok

Cheers

Sorry for the possibly retarded question, but will I be able to control the volume of my active monitors through the mytek's xlr outputs?

Yup with the volume control or a remote, both analog and digital volume control alternatives offered. Mine is hooked directly up to a power amp, no preamp, and use analog volume with a programable TV remote...can use an Apple remote, if you have one.

Tone with Soul

As I just found out, the two programmable funktion keys on the Mytek DAC don't work independently (firmware 1.7.5). I called Mytek and had this confirmed.

So, if you program the FN1 key, you will find the same setup on the FN2 key and vice versa. That means you really only have one set of A, B and C to set up.

Not a big problem, but this information might avoid some frustration when going through the menus.