IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

I've noticed that with firmware 1.7.5b1 the display will keep displaying 'dsd' after playing a DSD file. Even after playing regular PCM afterwards the display remains at 'dsd'. Anybody else noticed this?

I ever wrote this:

Hi, a bug with the latest 1.7.5b1, please check.

Using "ASIO Native" mode in foorbar2000, when trying to playback DSD files but the mytek has been occupied by other audio applications, foobar2000 will prompt "Unrecoverable playback error: Sample rate of 44100 Hz not supported by this device", and the front panel of mytek will display "dSd" and will never change back to 48kHz, etc. I need to power off and on to let it display 48kHz correctly again.

PC (64-bit Win8.1 RTM, foobar2000 ASIO Native DSD) -> USB2 -> Mytek 192 DSD DAC -> XLR -> ADAM S3X-H & RCA -> Lehmannaudio Blackcube Linear -> HD650

Also another suggestion/bug to the latest USB driver and 1.7.5b1 firmware:

1. I'm setting to 48kHz sampling rate in the USB PAL control panel because my applications are mostly for 48kHz audio files.

2. When using "ASIO Native" mode in foobar2000 to playback DSD files, mytek will change from 48kHz to 2822.4kHz which is correct.

3. After stopped playing DSD and exit foobar2000, then the sample rate will fall back to 44.1kHz instead of 48kHz when playing PCM audio files.

Could the driver revert to the formerly set sampling rate (in my case 48kHz)?? Now I need to 1st stop the PCM playing, then open the USB PAL control panel to set the sampling rate to 48kHz, then start the PCM playback again!!

PC (64-bit Win8.1 RTM, foobar2000 ASIO Native DSD) -> USB2 -> Mytek 192 DSD DAC -> XLR -> ADAM S3X-H & RCA -> Lehmannaudio Blackcube Linear -> HD650

I've noticed that with firmware 1.7.5b1 the display will keep displaying 'dsd' after playing a DSD file. Even after playing regular PCM afterwards the display remains at 'dsd'. Anybody else noticed this?

Yes I had noticed this. (look my 2 post before). But it was with the mytek_stereo192-dsd-dac_firmware_V1.7.3.b2.

With the firmware 1.7.5b1 this issue seems disappear.

But, now when I play with A+ a pcm audio file (flac 16/44) the window display show :

dac 24/88.2 KHz (correct ) and mytek display 96 !! (in A+ pref. upsampling of 2)

I 'm waiting for the final firmware version...

I ever wrote this:

Hi, a bug with the latest 1.7.5b1, please check.

Using "ASIO Native" mode in foorbar2000, when trying to playback DSD files but the mytek has been occupied by other audio applications, foobar2000 will prompt "Unrecoverable playback error: Sample rate of 44100 Hz not supported by this device", and the front panel of mytek will display "dSd" and will never change back to 48kHz, etc. I need to power off and on to let it display 48kHz correctly again.

Thanks for confirming. I hope this will be fixed soon.

But, now when I play with A+ a pcm audio file (flac 16/44) the window display show :

dac 24/88.2 KHz (correct ) and mytek display 96 !! (in A+ pref. upsampling of 2)

I 'm waiting for the final firmware version...

Have you problems only with 16/44 using the upsample?
Have you problems only with 16/44 using the upsample?

Yes, others, I think the new firmware solve some displaying DSD in the mytek window until A+ playing a pcm.

(firewire)

Before I tried the Izotope (in A+ prefs) up sampling ONLY and put upsampling 's mytek on OFF.

Whit this set up, A+ play and display info correctly. IE a flac 16/44 & Dac 88,2, Mytek displaying 192 !!

As I don't have so many DSD files, original firmware is back, waiting for an other version....

No others displaying issues between A+ and Mytek .

I can't listen dsd files...anyway

I'd like to try foobar up-sampling feature (from 44.1 to DSD). It's been successful form CD44.1 to DSD64 is sounds so good, smoother highs feels more analogue. I also want to try if upsample to DSD128 will sound even better, but I got "rate not supported" error message. I think DSD128 is supported via ASIO and USB2 on windows, no? How do I properly setup? (I also downloaded a 128x 5.6M DSF to try, it fails too, so definitely bad setup.)

Hi -- I was wondering if some experienced A+/Mytek 192 Dac user(s) from this thread might be able to help me troubleshoot. I'm demoing the Mytek unit, and have owned a Lynx Hilo for some time, using A+. With the Lynx, performance has been relatively glitch free. Not so with the Mytek. I'm using the firewire connection, the 1.7.5b1 mytek firmware, and 1.5.1 version of A+. I've followed the audio setup advice in A+ as prescribed in these threads -- i.e., unchecking the "stereo only" box, and selecting "auto detect" for the DSD. When it plays, it plays wonderfully and I get the Hdsd and dsd words on the Mytek, as appropriate with 64 and 128 files.

However, I also get periodic drop outs, halts in playback, stutters, and random jumping by A+ to another file in the playlist -- all manners of flakiness. Even playing 44.1 pcm files. Im using a mac mini w/ 8gb of memory, so I don't think that's an issue. The last 15 minutes tonight was glitch free -- I'm wondering if I had some conflict or hang up somewhere in the OS. (OSX 10.7) Very frustrating, given that I think the Mytek sounds better than the Hilo, especially in DSD. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks. -- David

Try USB 2.0.

I have dropout with firewire too (in windows with foobar though).

Mytek user manual is very misleading by saying firewire is better, apparently it's not, or there is some magic config item hidden which I can never figure out.

Hi -- I was wondering if some experienced A+/Mytek 192 Dac user(s) from this thread might be able to help me troubleshoot. I'm demoing the Mytek unit, and have owned a Lynx Hilo for some time, using A+. With the Lynx, performance has been relatively glitch free. Not so with the Mytek. I'm using the firewire connection, the 1.7.5b1 mytek firmware, and 1.5.1 version of A+. I've followed the audio setup advice in A+ as prescribed in these threads -- i.e., unchecking the "stereo only" box, and selecting "auto detect" for the DSD. When it plays, it plays wonderfully and I get the Hdsd and dsd words on the Mytek, as appropriate with 64 and 128 files.

However, I also get periodic drop outs, halts in playback, stutters, and random jumping by A+ to another file in the playlist -- all manners of flakiness. Even playing 44.1 pcm files. Im using a mac mini w/ 8gb of memory, so I don't think that's an issue. The last 15 minutes tonight was glitch free -- I'm wondering if I had some conflict or hang up somewhere in the OS. (OSX 10.7) Very frustrating, given that I think the Mytek sounds better than the Hilo, especially in DSD. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks. -- David

Could you or someone share the secret on this? I have 1.34 driver and 1.7.5 firmware, but I can only do 44.1 to 64x, not 128x DSD.

Thanks!

The new usb2 drivers(1.34.10) must be used with the new firmware(1.7.5.1) to play all DSD files. With new driver and firmware up sampling PCM 44.1 to128x DSD also now works in foobar 1.2.6
I'd like to try foobar up-sampling feature (from 44.1 to DSD). It's been successful form CD44.1 to DSD64 is sounds so good, smoother highs feels more analogue. I also want to try if upsample to DSD128 will sound even better, but I got "rate not supported" error message. I think DSD128 is supported via ASIO and USB2 on windows, no? How do I properly setup? (I also downloaded a 128x 5.6M DSF to try, it fails too, so definitely bad setup.)

you need to use ASIO, and set bitstreaming to DSD - only DSD, not DoP. Uncheck DoP for DSD 128 playback

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Could you or someone share the secret on this? I have 1.34 driver and 1.7.5 firmware, but I can only do 44.1 to 64x, not 128x DSD.

Thanks!

ljames

Assuming that I understand your question properly, and that all is working properly with the new drivers and firmware, of course foobar needs to be set up properly. See;

Configuring Foobar2000 for ASIO DSD / DXD Playback with exaSound DACs. > exaSound Audio Design

Although it is for foobar with the EXA, I used the instructions for the Mytek, and it has worked very well for conversion on the fly from pcm to DSD128. There is a setting in foobar for 128 vs 64. See article.

Good luck,

Jim

ps I would suggest making sure you have the latest version of foobar.

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz

There is major issue for mytek USB2 driver under 64-bit Windows 8. Sometimes, Win 8 can't recognize the device, and if this happens, in Device Manager, there is a device (with yellow !) called "Stereo 192-DSD DAC Device" directly under PC and is not under "Sound, video and game controllers".

There is no such issue under 64-bit Windows 7. Please update your USB2 driver for Windows 8 compatibility since Windows 8 has been released for nearly a year.

Thanks!

I found the reason why mytek USB2 can't be recognized in 64-bit Win 8 after PC startup or restart. It is caused by the 'myteksvc' Service that automatic start with Windows.

If I set the 'myteksvc' Service in Manual mode and manually start if after Windows startup, it will have no issue to recognize the mytek USB2. I don't know why, maybe Windows 8 starts too quickly than Win 7 (I'm using SSD) that the Service can't be initialized fully during the short interval of startup time??

(deleted)

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

I have a Generation 1 Apple remote (Bic lighter size). Is this remote configurable to operate the DAC?

I have read the Mytek manual re syncing an Apple remote to the DAC. Other than perhaps controlling the volume, assuming the 192 is operating in preamp mode, what other aspects of the DAC operation can be controlled?

I have a Generation 1 Apple remote (Bic lighter size). Is this remote configurable to operate the DAC?

I have read the Mytek manual re syncing an Apple remote to the DAC. Other than perhaps controlling the volume, assuming the 192 is operating in preamp mode, what other aspects of the DAC operation can be controlled?

You can do just about anything that you can from the front panel (input, push knob in, out, fn1, fn2, etc)

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/mytek-stereo-192-a-5555/index79.html#post180035

You can do just about anything that you can from the front panel (input, push knob in, out, fn1, fn2, etc)

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/mytek-stereo-192-a-5555/index79.html#post180035

Thanks for the link to the remote guide, Ted. Something nice to add to the 192 User Manual.

This is the Gen1 remote I have:

Apple Remote_Gen1_130626.jpg

I do not believe it is Aluminum. Can it be used?

Adam or anyone

I've tried several times to update the firmware on my mytek, but every time I try, I get a checksum error and the update fails. I've downloaded a new copy of the file each time I tried. Any ideas? Anybody else had this problem?

Paul

+1

I have no audio dropouts or any other malfunction, but can't upload new firmware either. Using macmini 2012 and firewire, of course. Must be making some stupid mistake...

+1

Capture d’écran 2013-06-27 à 09.03.21.png

+1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6165[/ATTACH]

I had the same problem. My macmini 2012 and mac 24" 2009 gave this error. Finally I used an 2005 G5 mac successfully. You made no mistake. It's just the lousy update through firewire. Typical for Mytek I would say. I gave up on Mytek because they cannot fix the problem with dropouts and clicks at the beginning when playing dsd over usb2. For me just a waste of money.

I had the same problem. My macmini 2012 and mac 24" 2009 gave this error. Finally I used an 2005 G5 mac successfully. You made no mistake. It's just the lousy update through firewire. Typical for Mytek I would say. I gave up on Mytek because they cannot fix the problem with dropouts and clicks at the beginning when playing dsd over usb2. For me just a waste of money.

Finally I used an MacBook Pro with Lion (not MountainLion!) successfully.

Thanks sebassie !