IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

Dear Sigfried (You contacted me via telephone).

I was to call back to you, but I must have written down the wrong number.

I'm extremely sorry. Please give me a call again or write an e-mail.

I tried hard to find you but I couldn't.

Best regards

Adam Bielewicz

Mytek Digital Tech Support (Europe)

Tel: +48 22 823 72 38

Open support ticket:

http://mytekdigital.com/ost/open.php

www.mytekdigital.com

Adam or anyone

I've tried several times to update the firmware on my mytek, but every time I try, I get a checksum error and the update fails. I've downloaded a new copy of the file each time I tried. Any ideas? Anybody else had this problem?

Paul

Adam or anyone

I've tried several times to update the firmware on my mytek, but every time I try, I get a checksum error and the update fails. I've downloaded a new copy of the file each time I tried. Any ideas? Anybody else had this problem?

Paul

+1

I have no audio dropouts or any other malfunction, but can't upload new firmware either. Using macmini 2012 and firewire, of course. Must be making some stupid mistake...

Analog: Lyra Argo i>Rega RB-900>Rega P9>Holfi BattRiaa S.E.(RIAA); Digital: MacMini (Win8/Mavericks)>FW>Mytek 192 Stereo DSD; Power-Amp: ZapSolute mk.II 42W Solid State Class A>Speakers: ProAc Tablette 2000 signature; Headphones: Denon AH-D7000 (MarkL/Cardas); Korg MR-1 (Portable DSD-recorder)

Can you help me please how to install the Weiss fw-driver to a Mytek? I can't do it. I made an .inf file, after I installed the driver and replaced the .inf but the driver says there is no device.

Dell E4310, Win8Pro 64 bit.

Thanks in advance.

You have to change the .inf file. Mytek is a POS so we have to do what he have to do to get this garbage working properly.

Use this as your .inf. for Windows. Works far better than the junk Mytek has or will ever have.

You're right. I should have told about it before.

Hi Adam,

are you aware that new firnware is not compatible with windows fw drivers (i am just talking about PCM playback with foobar).

redbook stuff is playing fine, but when i try to play PCM 96kHz there is no sound and no meters are displayed. - while foobar is playing happily.

i have tried various driver versions (mytek, weiss, tc) under windows xp and w7 (xp refuses to even start 96kHz tracks). after starting a 96kHz track and then trying to open the dice panel i get message: driver error - inaccessible device or similar while display is still showing clock rate 96,0 (w7)

when playing a 44,1 kHz track again everything seems fine.

so does customer need to choose between two options ?

1) want to use usb2 to benefit from dsd (latest firmware and usb driver needed)

2) or want to listen to PCM with various sample rate via fw (older firmware needed for compatibility of fw drivers)

ok, third option is my unit may be faulty. - can somebody check and verify ?

regards

dubbio

Windows Notebook / Foobar2000 -> Mytek 192 DSD -> Lua 6060 Tube Amp -> T+A Speaker

Vinyl: Thorens TD320 / MC Rondo Red -> Threshold Fet Nine -> Lake People ADC C440 -> AES

HP: Denon AH-D7000

@adamthebrave

open device manager and look for unknown devices. - then choose update driver.

Windows Notebook / Foobar2000 -> Mytek 192 DSD -> Lua 6060 Tube Amp -> T+A Speaker

Vinyl: Thorens TD320 / MC Rondo Red -> Threshold Fet Nine -> Lake People ADC C440 -> AES

adamthebrave,

if you are using the pasted .inf below then you need to correct two lines as follows (delete the blank spaces two times each after Weiss_En and Mytek&St):

[DeviceList.NTx86]

%DESCRIPTION_DEVICE_1%=DriverInstall,1394\Weiss_En gineering_Ltd.&Vesta

%DESCRIPTION_DEVICE_2%=DriverInstall,1394\Mytek&St ereo192-DSD_DAC

and

[DeviceList.NTamd64]

%DESCRIPTION_DEVICE_1%=DriverInstall,1394\Weiss_En gineering_Ltd.&Vesta

%DESCRIPTION_DEVICE_2%=DriverInstall,1394\Mytek&St ereo192-DSD_DAC

rest of .inf should be ok.

PS: rather at the end also replace the '&' after Mytek with a blank space:

DESCRIPTION_DEVICE_2 = "Mytek&Stereo192-DSD DAC"

but may be this one doesn't matter. just in case it doesn't work with the '&' in this line.

Thanks for your kind help. The installing process begins but after I have another message error: "The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."

I attached my edited WeissFirewire.inf file, please take a look. I tried at the device name Mytek with an '&' and with a space but the result is the same... :(

WeissFirewire.txt

Thanks in advance.

PS: rather at the end also replace the '&' after Mytek with a blank space:

DESCRIPTION_DEVICE_2 = "Mytek&Stereo192-DSD DAC"

but may be this one doesn't matter. just in case it doesn't work with the '&' in this line.

adamthebrave,

just again updated to weiss 4.1.2 under w7_64.

after running the installer.exe you need to reboot.

before reboot, edit the weissfirewire.inf (or just paste an edited copy of .inf into c:/program/weissfirewire)

after reboot attach mytek with input set to fire. in my case windows update searches for a driver wo success resulting in an unknown device.

open device manager and look for the unknown device. choose update driver 2nd option and point it to the folder with the edited inf.

confirm installing not certified drivers. - that's all.

this is how it works under w7. - don't now about w8.

or just use the drivers provided by mytek. - don't expect any difference in SQ with the newer drivers.

Hi Adam,

thank you very much for your support setting up three Mytek Stereo DSD DAC's for 5.1-Surround !!

I send you some screenshots of the USBPAL Control Panel of our configuration via email.

Hope we can start our Multichannel Demo until end of June 2013.

Beste Regards

Sigi

Same problem with a MacbookPro under OSX ML.

Started Windows 7 via bootcamp on this MacBookPro and the firmware-update was done in 2 minutes.

As I see it, the FireWire-Program under OSX is not able to update the firmware !

Sigi

Thakns for your help.

Unfortunately it didn't work, I had the same error message I give up...

I hadn't any issues with the 3.5 version so I let it.

adamthebrave,

just again updated to weiss 4.1.2 under w7_64.

after running the installer.exe you need to reboot.

before reboot, edit the weissfirewire.inf (or just paste an edited copy of .inf into c:/program/weissfirewire)

after reboot attach mytek with input set to fire. in my case windows update searches for a driver wo success resulting in an unknown device.

open device manager and look for the unknown device. choose update driver 2nd option and point it to the folder with the edited inf.

confirm installing not certified drivers. - that's all.

this is how it works under w7. - don't now about w8.

or just use the drivers provided by mytek. - don't expect any difference in SQ with the newer drivers.

For those who had installed firmware 1.7.5 in order to use the new USB driver v2, do you have problem setting Volume Control to Bypass? I couldn't, the display alternates between "Bypass" and "Conflict"(??). When I press the Menu button again, I get Digital.

Cheers.

PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Hdplex 300W

Server: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3+Jriver24/HQPlayer 

Source: Mytek Brooklyn Amp: Audio-GD C501, AVA Set 120

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Tannoy Saturn S10

Desktop: W10+Topping D90+Stax  SRS3100

mtan002,

i am not sitting in front of my unit right now and thus cannot tell you which button to press next. but if i remember correctly with new firmware you need to confirm a second time when switching to bypass.

i guess this has been implemented to prevent potential damage to speakers or phones in case switching to bypass by accident.

Hi all,

I'm seriously tired with the Mytek firmware. I had intalled mytek_stereo192-dsd-dac_firmware_V1.7.3.b2.

Just for listen an audio file in DSD 64. In a first time I had no issues or bug.

A+ 1.5.1 recognize the file and mytek too and playing well.

But after I 'm playing a pcm audio file. Just during a few minutes, no problem. Suddently I notice a drop,

and the Mytek display show DSD !! And the control volume knob don't produce none function (idem with the remote control)

So I 'm going back and downgrade with the 1.7.1 . This is not the first time, with another lower upgrade version, it was the same stuff.

Any idea ??

Now with the original firmware 1.7.1 everything is ok. Audio volume knob on mytek works and my remote control too.

But I cannot play HDSD audio files !!!!

Mytek 's staff looks what is going on ??

Maybe I going to try the new mytek_stereo192-dsd-dac_firmware_V1.7.5.b1

mtan002,

i am not sitting in front of my unit right now and thus cannot tell you which button to press next. but if i remember correctly with new firmware you need to confirm a second time when switching to bypass.

i guess this has been implemented to prevent potential damage to speakers or phones in case switching to bypass by accident.

Got it. Thanks.

PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Hdplex 300W

Server: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3+Jriver24/HQPlayer 

Source: Mytek Brooklyn Amp: Audio-GD C501, AVA Set 120

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Tannoy Saturn S10

Desktop: W10+Topping D90+Stax  SRS3100

I've noticed that with firmware 1.7.5b1 the display will keep displaying 'dsd' after playing a DSD file. Even after playing regular PCM afterwards the display remains at 'dsd'. Anybody else noticed this?

lintweaker,

usb or fw ?

in case of fw - can you do me a favor and try to play some non-regular PCM (e.g. 96kHz / 24bit) and tell us whether it was possible ?