IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

I thank you Silvio for such great contact.

Last official firmware released until today is 1.7.1.

Newer one is being tested right now. There were many issues that we solved in release we're talking about that's why it was taking so long. I'm sorry. I would be glad if I could provide you the new firmware this friday. I will do my best.

Best regards

Adam Bielewicz

So is it out or MORE LIES?

Man...what negativity!

I love this $1,500 unit, performs and offers flexibility WAY beyond its price.

Mytek is a small company and home audio DSD conversion, as I understand it, is a developing technology.

Don't want to deal with capabilities of small company and/or new technologies, vote with your dollars. Leave the nastiness out of these discussions.

This place is for hobbyists seeking to discuss their hobby, what they enjoy...like have fun and share our experiences.

Tone with Soul

he didn't actually say it would be out today. I don't get the anger about this issue. The unit works well as is. Right, it isn't perfect. So what?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

New firmware release 1.7.5.b.1 was posted today at Mytek Digital | HiFi

It includes a number of low level and functionality fixes including 128xDSD DOP (works with HQ Player, still tuning Audirvana).

Once we deem this stable it'll become a non beta release.

Thanks, MIchal at Mytek , New York

Just loaded it (on one of my stack :) ). will report back any issues. Thx

Just loaded it (on one of my stack :) ). will report back any issues. Thx

I'm to lazy to check manual. Gotta have a firewire to do upgrade, right? :0(

Jim

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz

It includes a number of low level and functionality fixes including 128xDSD DOP (works with HQ Player, still tuning Audirvana).

Thanks for it.

Could we hope getting integer mode for FW in a near future ? (sorry to ask again...)

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

I have been enjoying my Stereo192-DSD since last July with the original firmware 1.6.3.

DSD is just different. I only buy SACD nowadays and convert to DSF with my PS3.

I will wait for you people to discover the real COOL stuff before I change.

Keep enjoying.

PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Hdplex 300W

Server: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3+Jriver24/HQPlayer 

Source: Mytek Brooklyn Amp: Audio-GD C501, AVA Set 120

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Tannoy Saturn S10

Desktop: W10+Topping D90+Stax  SRS3100

Michael, can you include the change log for this release?

"Real attraction for me was 1xDSD and 2xDSD playback capability at reasonable price. Just downloaded Keith Greeninger "Event 20" from Blue Coast...paid for DSD and got 2xDSD as bonus with purchase (Offer good til May 31). Both myself and another audiophile listener definitely thought that 2xDSD had more ease, presence, better soundstage and detail than even 1xDSD."

Any issue - like I've got - with the 2xDSD eg. Greeninger kicking out a sheen of hi static? 1xDSD is fine.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

"Real attraction for me was 1xDSD and 2xDSD playback capability at reasonable price. Just downloaded Keith Greeninger "Event 20" from Blue Coast...paid for DSD and got 2xDSD as bonus with purchase (Offer good til May 31). Both myself and another audiophile listener definitely thought that 2xDSD had more ease, presence, better soundstage and detail than even 1xDSD."

Any issue - like I've got - with the 2xDSD eg. Greeninger kicking out a sheen of hi static? 1xDSD is fine.

I have exactly the same issue with the same record in 128DSD....

have loaded the new firmware. no issues so far

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

FW here.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Found this on a chinese (?) forum from beta testers about the new firmware :

NO integer mode for USB2 and FW :(

The firmware has not a lot to do with "integer mode". Check the software setup guide p.57 it advises you to check the option under Low level playback options for Integer mode in the Audirvana software for FW and the same later for USB2.

http://mytekdigital.com/support_docs/stereo192-dsd_dac_software_setup_guide_v1.0.pdf

Is this not working for you?

Music Interests: http://www.onebitaudio.com

The firmware has not a lot to do with "integer mode". Check the software setup guide p.57 it advises you to check the option under Low level playback options for Integer mode in the Audirvana software for FW and the same later for USB2.

http://mytekdigital.com/support_docs/stereo192-dsd_dac_software_setup_guide_v1.0.pdf

Is this not working for you?

It doesn't work, and has never worked. For me and the others A+ owners.

We can only get integer mode with usb1, also with some fucking clics, and 96KHz max. Sound imaging is deeper, with more precision. Clearly better than FW, USB2, spdif or optical (tried all the others).

I have to add that I CAN enable integer mode in the prefs, but it's not active (there's not the green INT light in A+, and I can HEAR the difference)

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

1 year ago, on the same topic :

Originally Posted by barrows

The hardware in the Mytek is not capable of running via USB Class 2 Audio native drivers, so a simple software update will not make integer mode possible. Mytek would have to change their USB interface to a USB Class 2 Audio one to allow for integer mode. It is unlikely that this could happen very easily.

and :

The other solution would be for Mytek to change their USB hardware from rigisystems to something else which uses the XMOS USB approach, like Weiss is offering. There are now 3rd party off the shelf async USB receiver systems available for OEMs to incorporate in their DACs without having to develop their own. XMOS based receivers are USB Class 2 Audio compliant, and work with Hog, and Integer on OSX and Linux.

twluke, Have you tried shutting the DAC off and unplugging it for a few seconds?

Yes, I had. I tried this a few times always with the same unyielding results. Once back to the 1.7.1 firmware, the problem is gone and the DAC is recognized again without problems.

AFAIK, the 1.7.5.b1 appears inconsistent with the files placed at /lib/firmware/mytek. I hope the USB files for Windows, that are necessary for this dir, will also be updated, or, maybe another beta consistent with these files.

TW