IGNORED

Musicians I'd Like the Most To Be Still Alive.

John Bonham - Led Zeppelin

Phil Lynott - Thin Lizzy

Layne Staley - Alice In Chains

Stevie Ray Vaughan 

Randy Rhoads  - Quiet Riot/Ozzy Osbourne

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

?

But just imagine what a genius like Handel would be doing if he were still alive!

Liszt, chosen because I want to know if he deserved the hype--should have listed Nicolo Paganini for the same reason lol!  Rachmaninov, so he could be recorded properly, by a company like BIS!  And the same for Heifetz.  The only recording of his that doesn't hurt my ears at times is the Living Stereo hybrid SACD remastering of the Sibelius violin concerto.

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

2 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

?

But just imagine what a genius like Handel would be doing if he were still alive!

Liszt, chosen because I want to know if he deserved the hype--should have listed Nicolo Paganini for the same reason lol!  Rachmaninov, so he could be recorded properly, by a company like BIS!  And the same for Heifetz.  The only recording of his that doesn't hurt my ears at times is the Living Stereo hybrid SACD remastering of the Sibelius violin concerto.

All good points. Whenever I play any performance of the Sibelius violin concerto my wife insists on adding the Heifetz Living Stereo to the queue.

John Lennon

Jimi Hendrix

Phil Ochs

Tim Buckley

Both died far too young and had so much more to offer. Lennon's insight, as he experienced more, over the years might have resulted in some brilliant songs. Hendrix was only scratching the surface. Look at the leap to Electric Ladyland and imagine what might have come after. Ochs wrote an amazing number of beautiful, moving and topical songs in his short life, and I regret often the loss of the songs we never heard, had he lived. Tim Buckley was a brilliant songwriter and performer who was almost completely unique in style. 

JC

On 12/31/2018 at 10:37 PM, Hugo9000 said:

6 hours ago, wgscott said:

Decomposing?

Maybe burning and destroying organs onstage! x-D

Maybe creating very sublime and sophisticated techno.. ;)

On 12/31/2018 at 10:23 PM, Hugo9000 said:

George Frideric Handel

Franz Liszt

Sergei Rachmaninov

Jascha Heifetz

Ok, I'll add Bach and Rachmaninov to my list.

And Zappa.

I also wish Martha Argerich was 20 now and signing a deal with some good audiophile label.. For me she hasn't recorded enough (and as for SQ well enough especially as her early recordings are regarded) and unfortunately she probably never will.. :)

Lennon. For me, everyone else is secondary.

A couple I haven't seen mentioned (may have missed them):

Janis Joplin

Lowell George

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

35 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I hope, then, you will consider supporting this brave individual:  http://lennonmurdertruth.com

Bill, how do you have time for this crap? Do you have a service feeding you this stuff?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

52 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I hope, then, you will consider supporting this brave individual:  http://lennonmurdertruth.com

Nixon, Reagan, and Stephen King all in it together, eh?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

19 minutes ago, firedog said:

Bill, how do you have time for this crap? Do you have a service feeding you this stuff?

This guy used to show up at all the Bay Area anti-war protests in the 1990s in a van decorated with his propaganda.  I long since forgot about him, but the other day my kid comes home and says "I saw a really weird van with slogans painted on it that say Stephen King killed John Lennon."  It made an impression.

If you have ever had any interest in Phil Och's, or simply if you appreciate music, there is a brilliant compilation/tribute album out, which has two discs of his most memorable songs performed by an amazingly gifted lineup of musicians touched by Phil's contributions. It's called "What's That I Hear", and hopefully is available on Tidal too (no way to check atm). Strongly recommended listening.

https://www.allmusic.com/album/whats-that-i-hear-the-songs-of-phil-ochs-mw0000036524

JC

• 2 weeks later...