IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

• 1 month later...

Audiolinux on Apple M1?

If you are interested on a version of Audiolinux for Apple M1 we can start development and release a version in approximately a month.
We need at least 12 users interested, When this number will be reached these users should pay in advance the minimum sum of 69$ (or more as a donation)
The advantage will be that this low price will be for an unlimited time version!
If interested please contact us at [email protected]

AudioLinux --> https://www.audio-linux.com

developer of AudioLinux realtime OS

• 2 weeks later...

Audiolinux and hqplayer have recently supported pushing from other players to the hqplayer by loopback. However, I found that the sampling rate of the audio stream pushed to upmpdcli will be automatically fixed at 44100. No matter how I change "hqplayer streaming input enable/disable" in audio menu and the "streaming source"  input page in the web interface of hqplayer, sampling rate is also fixed. The same problem is also happened in Roon-loopback-hqplayer. Has anyone found the same problem?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Linux noob here. I have a question re ramroot configuration. I have 8GB  of RAM in my system and I am using Roon bridge. What are the optimal values to input in the ramroot config menu for RAM and zram?

This information is probably somewhere in this 59 page thread, so excuse if I asked the obvious.

1 hour ago, jacobacci said:

Linux noob here. I have a question re ramroot configuration. I have 8GB  of RAM in my system and I am using Roon bridge. What are the optimal values to input in the ramroot config menu for RAM and zram?

This information is probably somewhere in this 59 page thread, so excuse if I asked the obvious.

In Audiolinux minimum RAM recommended for ramroot is 16GB
However is possible to make it work if the used space is not too much.

-> You can go to console and type
df -H
You should check used space on the line with /
ZRAM (the virtual hard disk) must be more than used space to leave a good amount of free space, otherwise the system will break the first time you press SAVE system.

In general you could try 6500/7000 for ZRAM and 1500/1000 for RAM but if you are using Roon I do not recommend to enable ramroot with only 8 GB because of Roon library size. 

AudioLinux --> https://www.audio-linux.com

developer of AudioLinux realtime OS

1 hour ago, hifi25nl said:

Note that you should have AL menu updated and probably you should also re-install last HQPlayer version.

This will fix some library problem (Audiolinux is using more recent libraries...)

Thanks

Have updated system and HQplayer, still no connection with HQPclient and HQPD control.

not sure how to find subnet on the AL machine?