IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

@hifi25nl -- good to know to not update in roon.  for this issue . . . stopped roonserver and ran those commands as shown.  still got the same errors . . . 

maybe time for fresh install? 😲

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Yes it should work, but on 3 November when the new version is out you will have to update with the option in the Update menu.

The manual intervention is necessary only if you try to update from inside Roon control point.

Take into account that the Archlinux package that I have made will update automatically the version.

Since Roon is delivering the package for download in a file without version number, the Roon package that I have made for Audiolinux/Archlinux will update version during installation. This means that, even if you see an older version with the command pacman -Ss roonserver, once installed you will have always the last.

AudioLinux --> https://www.audio-linux.com

developer of AudioLinux realtime OS

• 2 weeks later...

Here is fine also with icu version 69 and kernel 5.14.x

I have released the new version that can be updated from Update menu.
In this case you could find some error about file already existing if you have previously updated from Roon control point.
If this is happening you should remove first previous roon directory in /opt
sudo rm -rf /opt/RoonServer
This will not delete Roon library.

The only problem about updating from a Control point is that the Audiolinux/Archlinux package version will remain the previous one, even if really it is the last.

I have updated also hqplayer embedded packages to version 4.26.2-2 (note the -2) otherwise, if you have installed the last gupnp and gupnp-av packages, hqplayer would not start.

Some news:

09/11/2021 Menu 310
CD rip script in Audio menu now supports more than one CDROM drive.
The drive will be selected and saved to configuration file with option 1) Find the offset of your CD drive (reset configuration)

09/11/2021 Menu 309
Fixed conversion to PCM frequencies higher than 384KHz in 15 CONVERT/UPSAMPLE audio files to DSD or PCM. Now the output file for those frequencies is .wav (limitation of flac compression)
Better display of isolated core status.
Added the possibility to add more than one irq to a set of cores in Expert menu -> 10 CPU ISOLATED CORES Assign core to irq or application

03/11/2021 NEW ROON VERSION  with .net released. No problems found in update.
The current version is 1.8.846-1
As always you can install last version with the specific option in Update menu. Please don't update it from inside Roon control point.

I am testing now the card Xing USB HiRes Audio F-20 (compatible Amanero) for PCM 1536K and DSD1024. As you can see below support for high sample rate is fine:

XingCore XingCore USB Hi-Resolution Audi at usb-0000:00:14.0-7, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 0x01 (1 OUT) (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000, 705600, 768000, 1411200, 1536000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
    Bits: 32
    Channel map: FL FR
    Sync Endpoint: 0x81 (1 IN)
    Sync EP Interface: 1
    Sync EP Altset: 1
    Implicit Feedback Mode: No
  Interface 1
    Altset 2
    Format: SPECIAL DSD_U32_BE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 0x01 (1 OUT) (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000, 705600, 768000, 1411200, 1536000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
    Bits: 32
    DSD raw: DOP=0, bitrev=0
    Channel map: FL FR
    Sync Endpoint: 0x81 (1 IN)
    Sync EP Interface: 1
    Sync EP Altset: 2
    Implicit Feedback Mode: No

• 2 weeks later...

23/11/2021 Menu 312  AUDIOLINUX AUDIO STREAM RECORDING

This script will record the audio output, whether the source is from a local file or from internet
The audio application output must be set to Loopback device 0, for example Loopback,DEV=0
After defining your recording directory, you should select option 3) RECORD
Once started, play a song or an album with your application. Recording will start automatically and  will stop after 3s of silence. The output files will be named rec0.wav, rec1.wav, rec2.wav etc. If the sample rate is < 384000Hz the file will be automatically converted to flac
Please be sure that the loopback device volume is 100% You can set it with the command alsamixer or the option in Status menu

Note 1: if you play an album or a playlist the time lag between tracks must be less than 3s, otherwise the recording will stop
Note 2: the resulting file will not have tags
Note 3: your PC must be powerful enough to play (and eventually upsample) files and recording at the same time. If the playback stutters you will find some silence gaps in the resulting wav file
Note 4: Only using patched special Audiolinux kernel LINUX RT BFQ version 5.14.2.rt21-6 you can record up to 1536K PCM sample rate, otherwise you will be limited to 192K  At this moment DSD is not supported yet.

This option is useful in many ways, but we have designed it to produce an already upsampled file that can play with minimal CPU load and without network traffic

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

You should go to Install menu and select 12 "INSTALL/UPDATE UPnP server"

After, to start it, go to Audio menu -> 17 "UPnP server start and enable"

For ffmpeg, go to console and check if it is already installed:

yay -Q ffmpeg

If not, you can install it with

yay -Sy ffmpeg --noconfirm

Thank you. Did not realise that UPnP server meant minimserver!

14 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

You should go to Install menu and select 12 "INSTALL/UPDATE UPnP server"

After, to start it, go to Audio menu -> 17 "UPnP server start and enable"

For ffmpeg, go to console and check if it is already installed:

yay -Q ffmpeg

If not, you can install it with

yay -Sy ffmpeg --noconfirm

I was able to install minimserver but when I try to install minimstreamer, I get an error message 'error creating new download file'.

I have not asked Simon about it because I suspect he will say this is because audiolinux is not using his files for minimserver.

Can you please comment. The reason I am trying to do this is to be able to transcode aac internet radio streams for which purpose it is not necessary for my NAS to be running and I thought it would be convenient to run minimserver on the same device as HQPe being used as renderer for the transcoded streams.

Minimstreamer is not available for download on the minimserver site.

The strange procedure should be like this:

0) Buy minimserver (minimstreamer is available only for subscribed users)

1) Install minimwatch2 with

yay -Sy minimwatch2 --noconfirm

2) Start minimwatch2 on command line with the command:

/opt/minimwatch/bin/startc

and after give the command

install minimstreamer-2.0.9

The problem is that, after accepting the license, you will receive the error

Error creating new download file

even if you start minimwatch with with sudo /opt/minimwatch/bin/startc

Is not a license problem, since I have activated the trial

45 minutes ago, hifi25nl said:

Minimstreamer is not available for download on the minimserver site.

The strange procedure should be like this:

0) Buy minimserver (minimstreamer is available only for subscribed users)

1) Install minimwatch2 with

yay -Sy minimwatch2 --noconfirm

2) Start minimwatch2 on command line with the command:

/opt/minimwatch/bin/startc

and after give the command

install minimstreamer-2.0.9

The problem is that, after accepting the license, you will receive the error

Error creating new download file

even if you start minimwatch with with sudo /opt/minimwatch/bin/startc

Is not a license problem, since I have activated the trial

Yes, just the behaviour described except that I was using minimwatch on windows. However, I can confirm that the installation of minimstreamer works smoothly when the minimsever installation is on the Synology DSM7 flavour of linux.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone encountered “Failed to start Configure CPU Isolation” after trying to enable any type of CPU isolation? I see it in shutdown and startup. 

7E4D667E-D7A6-43AC-B053-88C50B938D6A.thumb.jpeg.3af9fcab1e3f72657c4a7792a1c003c6.jpeg

“ISOLATED CPU - audio services” reports they are isolated. So I am assuming they are but the message points to the opposite. 

This was fixed with menu 316. It was not a bug, but unavailability of cpuset application, that now has been switched to cpuset-git

21/12/2021
Menu 316
Fix to isolated cores script. Now it will install cpuset-git

Disabling isolated cores and re-enabling should fix the problem.

Or you can install from console cpuset-git with

yay -Sy cpuset-git --noconfirm

On 1/2/2022 at 3:31 PM, hifi25nl said:

This was fixed with menu 316. It was not a bug, but unavailability of cpuset application, that now has been switched to cpuset-git

21/12/2021
Menu 316
Fix to isolated cores script. Now it will install cpuset-git

Disabling isolated cores and re-enabling should fix the problem.

Or you can install from console cpuset-git with

yay -Sy cpuset-git --noconfirm

Attempted update and “installed version 315 last version 318”remains at the top of the AudioLinux main menu. 

Trying yay -Sy cpuset-got-noconfirm results in “Could not find all required packages: cpuset-git—noconfirm (Target)”

No change to the failed message. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just something I found out today an which may be of interest to all of you using AL RAMROOT as ROON Bridge:

After you have identified your DAC in ROON and changed its settings, save your AL system otherwise you're dac will not be recognized after startup and you will have to go through the identification process again.