IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Hello, i hope you can help me, Does Gentoo works with exFat Formatted Disk, How can i mount a ExtFat Disc?? Thanks

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

28 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Thanks, but this is to much for me

Kernel

Make sure support for Filesystem in Userspace (FUSE) is enabled in the kernel:

KERNEL Enable support for CONFIG_FUSE_FS
File systems  --->
   <*> FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) support

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

the kernel is okay.

emerge --sync 
and then get on with the rest

Thanks alot   it's working. Great !!!!!

Can anyone explain the best way for me to install my STX Essense II sound card drivers plz.  

I think i've tracked down the drivers

https://www.alsa-project.org/wiki/Matrix:Module-oxygen

But I wasn't able to make much progress on those instructions as the modinfo soundcore was a modue that wasn't found.

i'm running a minimal kernel (RT_MIN_EUP), whenever I run the full kernel, the drivers are present.

This also seems like a good guide for doing it, 

https://docs.huihoo.com/gentoo/resources/document-listing/alsa-guide.html

but i'm getting a problem when i run 'emerge alsa-driver', module not found, portage.

21 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

Can anyone explain the best way for me to install my STX Essense II sound card drivers plz.  

I think i've tracked down the drivers

https://www.alsa-project.org/wiki/Matrix:Module-oxygen

But I wasn't able to make much progress on those instructions as the modinfo soundcore was a modue that wasn't found.

i'm running a minimal kernel (RT_MIN_EUP), whenever I run the full kernel, the drivers are present.

you must use an ST kernel, the other kernels do not include drivers for pci and / or integrated cards .... only usb and i2s

I was wondering if it is possible to instal SongKong in Gentooplayer 

http://www.jthink.net/songkong/en/download.jsp

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Hello Antonello, I am trying GentooPlayer after Dietpi on Allo USBridge Sig with RME ADI-2 Dac.

I use RoonBridge, HPQ and I want to try Squeezelite but in I do not understand, with squeeze (R2 or normal), the frequency is limited to 192k .. while under Roon (direct) or HQP, I go up via USB until at 768k .. a USB system setting ?

Or in the Squeeze configuration ?
After reading the post, it works without worry in others .. I investigate

*** Scanning for playback devices ***
Card 0, ID `DAC55688069', name `ADI-2 DAC (55688069)'
Device 0, ID `USB Audio', name `USB Audio', 1 subdevices (1 available)
2 channels, sampling rate 44100..768000 Hz
Sample formats: S32_LE
Buffer size range from 16 to 131072
Period size range from 8 to 65536

Subdevice 0, name `subdevice #0'

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

17 hours ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

When I configure my sound card, it shows my usb device, which is my mscaler.  It seems to show bars on the screen with master volume at 40%.  Do i want to change that so its at 100% in order to get a bit perfect signal passed to the sound card ?

Are you replaying via MPD? If so, have you selected "Player Setting > MPD BitPerfect"? What is in this case the value of "mixer_type" in "/etc/mpd.conf"? See also https://www.musicpd.org/doc/html/user.html.

21 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

no by default, but on x86 if you follow the instructions it works...

http://www.jthink.net/songkong/en/install_linux_headless.jsp

thank you!
I do not have x86 setup so it's not possible!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

5 hours ago, Zauurx said:

Hello Antonello, I am trying GentooPlayer after Dietpi on Allo USBridge Sig with RME ADI-2 Dac.

I use RoonBridge, HPQ and I want to try Squeezelite but in I do not understand, with squeeze (R2 or normal), the frequency is limited to 192k .. while under Roon (direct) or HQP, I go up via USB until at 768k .. a USB system setting ?

Or in the Squeeze configuration ?
After reading the post, it works without worry in others .. I investigate

I didn't quite understand...

If you want to use roon and as a squeezelite endpoint, the 192 limit is imposed by roon, their choice.

Dear all,

I'm so lost I do not even have a clue what my problem is exactly, so here comes a little bit of a long description:

My father gave me a lovely small audiosystem for christmas 2 years back, consisting of a rasberry pi 3, a touchscreen and an Allo Boss DAC. It's been running PiCorePlayer with LMS since ever. Me and my roommates use it (probably not as intended) mostly as a very nice web radio and to stream music to it from our mobile phones (2 Iphones and one Android). Sometimes we want to run an Spotify playlist, too.

A few month back, the player started to have disconnects when trying to stream to it and I tried to tinker with the settings but didn't solve the problem fully.

Since then my father had switched to GentooPlayer for his audio setup and spoke very very highly about the player and the support he recived.  So I decided to try to switch, too. Mind you: I only have a hint of a clue what I'm doing here :D

First, I flashed a new SD card and inserted it. Then the screen was upside down and I fixed it by adding "lcd_rotate=2" to the config.txt.

Then I selected the kernel version 4.14.91_GentooPlayer-V14RT-ST-rt49+ because, ... well I wanted wifi to work and in the webinterface it said to select a ST version for this. Also this kernel had the newest date and I figured that I had to choose one eventually :D

Then I did some setup for keyboard mapping etc, as I have a german mac keyboard attached to the player.

Then, finally, I wanted to start with some music-stuff. I selected the Allo Boss Dac in the menu for the DAC and went to the "player settings" menu, to see if I could start up squeezelite and LMS, as I figured that would give me the same as the old player, maybe without disconnects. It didn't, instead it did.... nothing. After a while I figured out, that this is because card0 is "closed" So i though I maybe had the wrong DAC and switched it to the miniBoss. Since then the webinterface doesn't work anymore even when the GentooPlayer starts up fine. And later I confirmed that it's indeed a Allo Boss, not a Boss mini.

So, dear people of this thread: how bad did I screw this up? Is it even solvable? Am I working in the right direction? How do I get card0 to not be closed? And - how to I access the LMS surface once it's started?

Thank you for tanking the time to read my ramblings :) I'm really a bit lost and all competence that you might have found in this is only due to a whole lot of googeling ;) 

Best,

Marianne

12 hours ago, nbpf said:

Are you replaying via MPD? If so, have you selected "Player Setting > MPD BitPerfect"? What is in this case the value of "mixer_type" in "/etc/mpd.conf"? See also https://www.musicpd.org/doc/html/user.html.

Thanks for helping. Mixer type is none, I haven’t seen mpd but perfect, is that the same as just ‘mpd’ on the console?

yes I’m running straight mpd.

also if I set buffer_before_play to 100% is that enough to load the entire file from external ssd and play it in ram, or are any other settings involved?

thank you for the link it was very useful.

24 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

Can I ask how to install shairport-sync?

ive tried two kernels to see if it appears as a player  but I don’t see it.

i also tried to ask for it via emerge but that also ran into problems.

thanks for the help.

If you use the web interface to update to version 2.12 (of GentooPlayer), you'll see the ability (in the web interface) to run Shairport-Sync (under Enable/Disable Software) and change its settings (under Player Setting).  

To update, choose GP-Version Update.  See below.  If you're on version 2.10, I believe you first have to update to 2.11 and once that's completed, update to 2.12.

image.png.4fe15d12765bf91a54656a4880e3d364.png

image.thumb.png.89150468a253c00b571777cce156ec26.png

9 hours ago, clipper said:

If you use the web interface to update to version 2.12 (of GentooPlayer), you'll see the ability (in the web interface) to run Shairport-Sync (under Enable/Disable Software) and change its settings (under Player Setting).  

To update, choose GP-Version Update.  See below.  If you're on version 2.10, I believe you first have to update to 2.11 and once that's completed, update to 2.12.

image.png.4fe15d12765bf91a54656a4880e3d364.png

image.thumb.png.89150468a253c00b571777cce156ec26.png

thank you kindly, do all kernels go to 2.12, im only able to get as far as 2.211, my kernel is 5.5.0-pf2-x86_64-PF-ST. (ps i can see the warning saying i need to be on 2.12)

Or which kernels can go to 2.12 ?