IGNORED

GentooPlayer

@antonellocaroli

• Never mind with the kernel, it works with the last 4.19, so for now is all good
  • The web interface software install / remove issue is failing on low cpu (celerons) but works "sometimes" on core i7, I am using the gp-menu anyways so this is not important, just FYI
  • The alsa options if there is a description on the differences that would be great

Thank you

33 minutes ago, luisma said:

@antonellocaroli

• Never mind with the kernel, it works with the last 4.19, so for now is all good
  • The web interface software install / remove issue is failing on low cpu (celerons) but works "sometimes" on core i7, I am using the gp-menu anyways so this is not important, just FYI
  • The alsa options if there is a description on the differences that would be great

Thank you

1)

image.thumb.png.6134c6de35c188f280dc8f70f92720bb.png

image.thumb.png.783ad3db7bc494d8649f6a2bd7449000.png

2)

In the HISTORY section there are the operations you have done with the web-interface, click on the one that did not work and post the content

3) what alsa options?

1 hour ago, luisma said:

ah, 

I think I understand. He's not showing you the options?

If so you have to wait...those options do a search for installed software and those not installed...so it takes a long time...in the future will be added a bar that indicates the execution time, but this depends on who keeps server-script...

https://github.com/bugy/script-server/issues/281

On 4/20/2020 at 3:53 AM, clipper said:

Per https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync/blob/master/README.md:

"Shairport Sync is an AirPlay audio player – it plays audio streamed from iTunes, iOS, Apple TV and macOS devices and AirPlay sources such as Quicktime Player and ForkedDaapd, among others."

On 4/20/2020 at 10:18 AM, stefano_mbp said:

It is the AirPlay emulator and can be used from an Apple device to send a stream to GP using AirPlay function

On 4/20/2020 at 12:16 PM, Aberrant-Decoder said:

I use it so that I can play concerts\music thats only found on youtube, to my music server (via my iphone\youtube app).

you could airplay anything from your iphone\ipad to the music server, but for most things, there are better options like Upnp.

Airplay is a limited protocol\codec, so its best to use Upnp where that is available.

Thank you all very much!
I own an iPad and an old mac mini but I do not use AirPlay so for now "SpS" is not something I need but it's good to know about this option!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Hi @antonellocaroli

I have just put together a new rpi4 4gb and installed gentooplayer, i had a look at Christmas previously and coming back now all the improvements in the web interface look great. Thank you.

I have a few quick questions, I use the rpi as a roonbridge, I have switched everything else off apart from the web interface. I have updated. I am using the rpi as a streamer to a Arcam irDACII via USB, so I have set USB-DAC via ethernet, I am upscaling in Roon to a maximum of 384kHz PCM. I also set Ram System -Mode 4, but I was not sure if that was worth doing or not? Any thoughts? The rpi4 has 4gb of ram. I will leave it on all the time.

My main question is around the Kernels, I am not sure which to select, obviously there is 1 - 20, which is the best to go for for the rpi4 4gb used as a streamer?

Thank you.

Hello @antonellocaroli

just tried to activate shairportsync and it works ... but the web interface is gone

ssh is still working

AirPlay is working

mpd/Upmpdcli is working

already cleaned browser cache

rebooted rpi
restarted web interface from terminal (webrestart)

... following the steps of restart seems that nothing is active to be stopped

then restart is issued but web interface is still missing .... seems it is crashing

... what to do?

edit ...... running ver. 2.13 on rpi4 ............

Stefano

My audio system

43 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Hello @antonellocaroli

just tried to activate shairportsync and it works ... but the web interface is gone

ssh is still working

AirPlay is working

mpd/Upmpdcli is working

already cleaned browser cache

rebooted rpi
restarted web interface from terminal (webrestart)

... following the steps of restart seems that nothing is active to be stopped

then restart is issued but web interface is still missing .... seems it is crashing

... what to do?

edit ...... running ver. 2.13 on rpi4 ............

How did you set up shairport-sync?
if you have not configured it via web interface and left the default port, use the same port as the web interface.

So stop shairport-sync
rc-service shairport-sync stop

restart web interface
rc-service web restart

and configure shairport-sync via web interface

6 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

How did you set up shairport-sync?
if you have not configured it via web interface and left the default port, use the same port as the web interface.

So stop shairport-sync
rc-service shairport-sync stop

restart web interface
rc-service web restart

and configure shairport-sync via web interface

I did set it up using web interface using 5000 port ....

Stefano

My audio system

2 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

that port is reserved for the web interface, so the web service cannot start.

.... a little bit of confusion

I started accessing gentooplayer via web on port 5000

then enabled shairport

.... no more web interface

then, following @antonellocaroli instructions I gave "rc-service shairport-sync stop" from terminal and restarted web inteface

that it is now working

but from web interface, in system info, I can see Shairport still active

then went to configure Shairport assigning the output device and not modifying Shairport port (still 5005 as standard)

now the question is why is it still working even if I stopped it and didn't restarted it

Stefano

My audio system

7 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

.... a little bit of confusion

I started accessing gentooplayer via web on port 5000

then enabled shairport

.... no more web interface

then, following @antonellocaroli instructions I gave "rc-service shairport-sync stop" from terminal and restarted web inteface

that it is now working

but from web interface, in system info, I can see Shairport still active

then went to configure Shairport assigning the output device and not modifying Shairport port (still 5005 as standard)

now the question is why is it still working even if I stopped it and didn't restarted it

Because when you apply the configuration it automatically restart

What you see in systeminfo is the default runvel, i.e. the software you start with the system startup. It has nothing to do with what you have started or stopped now.

software enabled no software started

9 minutes ago, taipan254 said:

Correct. I'm using maximum MPD, clicked update databaser, and i have 0 items. There are three folders, none of which are the /Media/Music1 mounted music folder i created

if you mount the disk correctly you should see the audio files in

ls -l /media/*/*

if they are samba shares in

ls -l /mnt/*/*

mpd automatically searches for files there (unless you changed something by hand in the mpd configuration file)

1 minute ago, antonellocaroli said:

if you mount the disk correctly you should see the audio files in

ls -l /media/*/*

if they are samba shares in

ls -l /mnt/*/*

mpd automatically searches for files there (unless you changed something by hand in the mpd configuration file)

Sounds good - i'll try re-scanning in different clients. Thanks!