IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Just now, antonellocaroli said:

the kernel has nothing to do with it.

updates are incremental

2.10 > 2.11
2.11 > 2.12

hi @antonellocaroli, i've developed software for over 20 years, so i'm not a moron, i'm just new to linux and gentoo.

i obviously tried the obvious, but the web console does not offer a further update from 2.11 to 2.12, I have ran gp-update, i've tried switching kernels.

cut me some slack brother !

21 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

hi @antonellocaroli, i've developed software for over 20 years, so i'm not a moron, i'm just new to linux and gentoo.

i obviously tried the obvious, but the web console does not offer a further update from 2.11 to 2.12, I have ran gp-update, i've tried switching kernels.

cut me some slack brother !

pc x86_64?

update to 2.12 is still not available, between today and tomorrow I will insert it directly 2.11 > 2.13

Just now, antonellocaroli said:

pc x86_64?

update to 2.12 is still not available, between today and tomorrow I will insert it directly 2.11 > 2.13

thank you, yes im on pc x86_64.

i notice the odd spelling mistake, like on the web interface, shairport-sync is written as 'shaitport-sync' within the player settings menu.

If the source was on github or similar I could fix and submit a small pr, try to help and contribute in a small way until i build more knowledge.

18 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

thank you, yes im on pc x86_64.

i notice the odd spelling mistake, like on the web interface, shairport-sync is written as 'shaitport-sync' within the player settings menu.

If the source was on github or similar I could fix and submit a small pr, try to help and contribute in a small way until i build more knowledge.

https://github.com/antonellocaroli/GP-Script-2

8 hours ago, the_bat said:

Try webrestart from the command line?

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

tried to clear your browser cache?

gp-update works?

I tried the restart, but its saying the 'web' process has 'crashed'.  

I tried gp-update too but its the same result.

How can i access the log for the crashed web service ?

processes.png

26 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

its saying address already in use, i wonder has Shairport-Sync stole its port ?

image.png.48c0c10bb9769ec79367f51bcbf92319.png

How did you set up shairport-sync?

remove shairport-sync, from the default runvel...

rc-update del shairport-sync default

reboot, and set shairport-sync from web-interface, leaving the default port that is already present in the web-interface

Update: I got the LMS to play music by plugging the audiocabels in.  For any fellow newbie maybe reading this in the future: card0 is marked as closed, if there's no calbe plugged in :) 

Now I've got another question: how do I get the LMS screen to show up on my rasberry Pi screen? Rightnow I get the Gentooplayer commandline screen there, but I'd like it to show the LMS. Anybody got a hint for me?

I have noticed that "HQPlayer Embedded" cannot be enabled on my system (4.19.97-GentooPlayer-ST+, v2.12 | Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+ (aarch64)): selecting "enable" and the "execute" in "B. Enable/Disable Software" works but systeminfo shows "HQPlayer Embedded       [Disabled]". Is this the expected behavior?

Well, I'm at a loss here.  I've been on GP 2.10 with my Allo USB Sig and everything's been working just fine for months.  Then I thought, I'll upgrade to 2.11.  What a mistake.  Everything went wrong--web gui got wonky, started getting skipping again, phooey.  I reburned the chip with 2.10.  But now I cannot get anything to work the way it was!  Wouldn't play DSD so I tried switching the kernel, then the kernel list disappeared, tried gp-update, then everything disappeared.  It is completely borked!  I cannot get anything work to properly.  Now it won't boot at all!  What on earth am I doing wrong?

6 hours ago, nbpf said:

I have noticed that "HQPlayer Embedded" cannot be enabled on my system (4.19.97-GentooPlayer-ST+, v2.12 | Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+ (aarch64)): selecting "enable" and the "execute" in "B. Enable/Disable Software" works but systeminfo shows "HQPlayer Embedded       [Disabled]". Is this the expected behavior?

Yes, it's planned. It is not installed on Rpi.
However, regardless, it is not good to add hqpe at startup. Hqple takes possession of the audio output and doesn't release it until you close it, so putting it on boot the other players won't work.

4 hours ago, zackthedog said:

Well, I'm at a loss here.  I've been on GP 2.10 with my Allo USB Sig and everything's been working just fine for months.  Then I thought, I'll upgrade to 2.11.  What a mistake.  Everything went wrong--web gui got wonky, started getting skipping again, phooey.  I reburned the chip with 2.10.  But now I cannot get anything to work the way it was!  Wouldn't play DSD so I tried switching the kernel, then the kernel list disappeared, tried gp-update, then everything disappeared.  It is completely borked!  I cannot get anything work to properly.  Now it won't boot at all!  What on earth am I doing wrong?

I don't know, if it jumps out at you while you're doing the upgrade, it might be normal. That the update breaks the system is unlikely.
If the web interface doesn't work after the update, you have to clear the browser cache.
If the system does not work, you have to check the free space on the card (df -h).
if you use the ramsystem do a ramsystem reset.

4 hours ago, zackthedog said:

I had a similar problem, albeit with wireless connection only. For me it was crucial to restart the router. While my own Raspbian-based system has been upgraded over years and never failed to reconnect after upgrade, I have found GenTooPlayer to be a bit fussy with respect to upgrades. There are some oddities: one should not reboot GenTooPlayer from the command line with `reboot` as this seems not to preserve the wireless settings. Another strange thing is that, after upgrade, the hotspot was enabled. I never enabled the hotspot myself. Since two weeks 2.12 works stably but, to this end, I had to reinstall 2.10, upgrade to 2.12 and then setup my system, not the other way round which is what naturally happens in a legacy system. 

7 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Yes, it's planned. It is not installed on Rpi.
However, regardless, it is not good to add hqpe at startup. Hqple takes possession of the audio output and doesn't release it until you close it, so putting it on boot the other players won't work.

Interesting, thanks. It would be good to document this fact, perhaps something like 

HQPlayer Embedded (not available, planned): Embedded version of HQPlayer.More Info

instead of

HQPlayer Embedded: Embedded version of HQPlayer.More Info

in the "Enable/Disable Software" menu page? Best, nbpf

8 minutes ago, nbpf said:

I had a similar problem, albeit with wireless connection only. For me it was crucial to restart the router. While my own Raspbian-based system has been upgraded over years and never failed to reconnect after upgrade, I have found GenTooPlayer to be a bit fussy with respect to upgrades. There are some oddities: one should not reboot GenTooPlayer from the command line with `reboot` as this seems not to preserve the wireless settings. Another strange thing is that, after upgrade, the hotspot was enabled. I never enabled the hotspot myself. Since two weeks 2.12 works stably but, to this end, I had to reinstall 2.10, upgrade to 2.12 and then setup my system, not the other way round which is what naturally happens in a legacy system. 

The probelma is not the "reboot", the problem is the script that enables the hotspot.
At reboot, if for some reason there is no valid internert network, start the hotspot and in car you lose the wifi configuration.
So, once you have configured a network, it is convenient to disable the hotspot.

Advanced systems > TWK varius

either simply 

rm /etc/local.d/ireteonline.start

14 minutes ago, nbpf said:

Interesting, thanks. It would be good to document this fact, perhaps something like 

HQPlayer Embedded (not available, planned): Embedded version of HQPlayer.More Info

instead of

HQPlayer Embedded: Embedded version of HQPlayer.More Info

in the "Enable/Disable Software" menu page? Best, nbpf

HQPlayer Embedded (not available on rpi )  Embedded version of HQPlayer.More Info

ok? anyway

image.thumb.png.e546123a552c09957e1979ae35aa404c.png

for info, you can install it, but it carries a lot of addictions. and I felt too much for the rpi...