IGNORED

GentooPlayer

17 minutes ago, shahed99 said:

I can't login to gentooplayer :/ I booted from xfce4 and the graphical GUI asks for username and password. I tried "root" for username and "gentooplayer" for password. Unable to login. Then I went to "http://gentooplayer-s64:5000/" on my browser. Didn't work. I tried to SSH: "ssh root@ip-gentooplayer ". Didn't work. I don't know the IP address. Any help?

Install one of the many apps to scan your network and you’ll be able to find the ip address

Stefano

My audio system

After I ssh into gentooplayer and type "gp-menu" and select option 1 for players, these are the player option that comes up. No HQPlayer Desktop in the list.

[1]  Squeezelite
 [2]  Squeezelite-R2
 [3]  Networkaudiod
 [4]  Mpd
 [5]  RoonBridge
 [6]  LogitechMediaServer
 [7]  RoonServer
 [8]  HQPlayer Embedded
 [9]  Upmpdcli
 [10] Bubbleupnp
 [11] Main Menu
 [0]  Exit

Also, how do I access/change HQP embedded settings like upsampling configuration?

7 minutes ago, shahed99 said:

After I ssh into gentooplayer and type "gp-menu" and select option 1 for players, these are the player option that comes up. No HQPlayer Desktop in the list.

[1]  Squeezelite
 [2]  Squeezelite-R2
 [3]  Networkaudiod
 [4]  Mpd
 [5]  RoonBridge
 [6]  LogitechMediaServer
 [7]  RoonServer
 [8]  HQPlayer Embedded
 [9]  Upmpdcli
 [10] Bubbleupnp
 [11] Main Menu
 [0]  Exit

Also, how do I access/change HQP embedded settings like upsampling configuration?

Not using hqplayer but here some instructions from the user guide

Once booted up, you can use the web configuration interface from another computer or login as "root" (no password) from console. Default username for web interface is "hqplayer" and default password is "password". Please change the password as soon as possible, either through the web interface, or from command line using command "hqplayerd -s username password". The image will attempt to appear under name "hqplayer" on the network, but you can also see the obtained IP adress using command "ifconfig".
Additional documentation can be found in /usr/share/hqplayer/readme.txt

https://www.signalyst.com/embedded-install.html

Stefano

My audio system

14 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Not using hqplayer but here some instructions from the user guide

Once booted up, you can use the web configuration interface from another computer or login as "root" (no password) from console. Default username for web interface is "hqplayer" and default password is "password". Please change the password as soon as possible, either through the web interface, or from command line using command "hqplayerd -s username password". The image will attempt to appear under name "hqplayer" on the network, but you can also see the obtained IP adress using command "ifconfig".
Additional documentation can be found in /usr/share/hqplayer/readme.txt

https://www.signalyst.com/embedded-install.html

Thank you kindly! I was able to navigate to the HQP embedded web interface by going to the same IP address as gentooplayer and then using port 8088. This is a great progress. Thank you everyone :) 

I definitely need to find a way to run HQPlayer Desktop as I've the license for it and none for embedded.

Thank you kindly! I was able to navigate to the HQP embedded web interface by going to the same IP address as gentooplayer and then using port 8088. This is a great progress. Thank you everyone :) 

I definitely need to find a way to run HQPlayer Desktop as I've the license for it and none for embedded.

Contact Signalyst,  they will solve your problem

Stefano

My audio system

22 minutes ago, shahed99 said:

HQPlayer Desktop you can only find it in the xfce version.
and you can find it in the xfce menu.
the login in xfce is 
user: gp
passw: gentooplayer

to automate login:

https://www.nexthardware.com/forum/pc-top-software/90075-gentooplayer-immagini-x86_64-raspberry-pi-3b-3b-allo-sparkyusbbridge-beaglebone-black-botic-driver-16.html#post989144

to remote desktop:

https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/NoMachine

whenever i mount the sd card formated as exfat. using the information here https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ExFAT

like this for instance:

root #mount.exfat-fuse /dev/sde1 /mnt/flash

If i issue a ram save, and reboot, the mounting is forgotten. 

It does also warn that the volumne wasnnt mounted cleanly, 
image.png.485b4f1c7a4f8275a3e050fd03feab19.png

But i'm not sure what I should do (except reformat the sd card in a different format).  But the question is mainly, what steps would i take to persist the mount command so after reboot its still mounted?

edit:  

i saw help online to say enter a line into

fstab entry is: UUID=my-uid /media/pi/drive-name exfat uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=0022,sync,auto,nofail,rw 0 0

so, i'll try this.

34 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

whenever i mount the sd card formated as exfat. using the information here https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ExFAT

like this for instance:

If i issue a ram save, and reboot, the mounting is forgotten. 

It does also warn that the volumne wasnnt mounted cleanly, 
image.png.485b4f1c7a4f8275a3e050fd03feab19.png

But i'm not sure what I should do (except reformat the sd card in a different format).  But the question is mainly, what steps would i take to persist the mount command so after reboot its still mounted?

edit:  

i saw help online to say enter a line into

fstab entry is: UUID=my-uid /media/pi/drive-name exfat uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=0022,sync,auto,nofail,rw 0 0

so, i'll try this.

it worked.  I also saw a post online saying you can ignore the warning about the volume not mounting cleanly.,

@antonellocaroli and other kind souls here, I was able to remote login to my Xfce Gentoo server. Very convenient. Thank you!

I was able to launch and register my HQPlayer Desktop 4. However, I'm keep getting this error message when I open HQP Desktop:

"Failed to open audio device. Please check settings!"

As a result, I'm not able to play music through HQP Desktop using Roon. However, strangely I'm able to play music flawlessly when enabling HQP Embedded. Can you please help with some guidance here?

Btw, I'm using Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 with USB module.

4 hours ago, shahed99 said:

@antonellocaroli and other kind souls here, I was able to remote login to my Xfce Gentoo server. Very convenient. Thank you!

I was able to launch and register my HQPlayer Desktop 4. However, I'm keep getting this error message when I open HQP Desktop:

"Failed to open audio device. Please check settings!"

As a result, I'm not able to play music through HQP Desktop using Roon. However, strangely I'm able to play music flawlessly when enabling HQP Embedded. Can you please help with some guidance here?

Btw, I'm using Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 with USB module.

have you enabled HqpE which starts automatically when you start the pc?

is that the prblema, HqpE, for its setting, takes possession of the audio output and other software can not use it.

so you have to deactivate HqpE from the automatic start, or you stop it:
rc-service hqplayerd stop

15 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

have you enabled HqpE which starts automatically when you start the pc?

is that the prblema, HqpE, for its setting, takes possession of the audio output and other software can not use it.

so you have to deactivate HqpE from the automatic start, or you stop it:
rc-service hqplayerd stop

Thank you. That makes sense. However, I've disabled HqpE from auto restart. Also, used "rc-service hqplayerd stop" command which shows "WARNING: hqplayerd is already stopped". And still, I keep getting "Failed to open audio device. Check settings" message.

Any advise what I should do next?

@antonellocaroli This is the status of my audio card using gp-menu, right after I rebooted with no music playing and no player being enabled.

AUDIO CARDS
CARD    TYPE            ADDRESS            NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    card0    USB Audio card        usb5  --> 16d0:08fd    Lyngdorf Audio A/S
    card0    STATUS  --> closed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@antonellocaroli This is the status of my audio card using gp-menu, right after I rebooted with no music playing and no player being enabled.

AUDIO CARDS
CARD    TYPE            ADDRESS            NAME
    card0    USB Audio card        usb5  --> 16d0:08fd    Lyngdorf Audio A/S
    card0    STATUS  --> closed

did you go into the hqplayer setting and set the audio output?

http://www.sonore.us/HQPlayer-manual.pdf

10 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

did you go into the hqplayer setting and set the audio output?

http://www.sonore.us/HQPlayer-manual.pdf

>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410::antonellocaroli
Resolving downloads.slimdevices.com... 99.84.130.120, 99.84.130.81, 99.84.130.22, ...
Connecting to downloads.slimdevices.com|99.84.130.120|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2020-04-25 14:37:55 ERROR 404: Not Found.

!!! Couldn't download 'logitechmediaserver-8.0.0-1586578181.tgz'. Aborting.
* Fetch failed for 'media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410', Log file:
* '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410/temp/build.log'

>>> Failed to emerge media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410, Log file:

>>> '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410:

* Fetch failed for 'media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410', Log file:
* '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410/temp/build.log'
Gentooplayer CPU Info
Use cpu-governor to change CPU / performance options
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Architecture | x86_64
Temp | 0'c : 32'f | Who put me in the freezer!
Governor | Unknown

Current Freq Min Freq Max Freq
CPU0 | 0 MHz 0 MHz 0 MHz

[ INFO ] GentooPlayer-CPU_info | CPU current frequency, may be affected by this script, due to the processing required to run it.
- if the temperature is not displayed, first run the command: sensors-detect --auto

cpu??????
9 minutes ago, shang_2000 said:
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410::antonellocaroli
Resolving downloads.slimdevices.com... 99.84.130.120, 99.84.130.81, 99.84.130.22, ...
Connecting to downloads.slimdevices.com|99.84.130.120|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2020-04-25 14:37:55 ERROR 404: Not Found.

!!! Couldn't download 'logitechmediaserver-8.0.0-1586578181.tgz'. Aborting.

>>> Failed to emerge media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410, Log file:

>>> '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package media-sound/logitechmediaserver-bin-8.0.0_pre20200410:

gp-update and try again

8 minutes ago, shang_2000 said:
Gentooplayer CPU Info
Use cpu-governor to change CPU / performance options
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Architecture | x86_64
Temp | 0'c : 32'f | Who put me in the freezer!
Governor | Unknown

Current Freq Min Freq Max Freq
CPU0 | 0 MHz 0 MHz 0 MHz

[ INFO ] GentooPlayer-CPU_info | CPU current frequency, may be affected by this script, due to the processing required to run it.
- if the temperature is not displayed, first run the command: sensors-detect --auto

cpu??????

which pc? which version of GP are you using?

try using shell glaces

https://github.com/gentooplayer/gentooplayer.github.io/wiki/Glances