IGNORED

GentooPlayer

1 hour ago, Patatorz said:

Dear Antonello, concerning the intel or AMD micro codes, I updated the ones for intel from my side but after these updates a gp-update should update them or from time to time I need to update manually ?

thanks

It has to be updated manually...but you can do it 1/2 times a year and/or when you start from a new system from zero.

12 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

It has to be updated manually...but you can do it 1/2 times a year and/or when you start from a new system from zero.

I did manually but I could not boot anymore, was like the UEFI was broken

What's the proper way of doing this?

3 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

the right procedure is that of the web interface .... which processor?  and what error did he give you on reboot?

Did the update on the web interface, intel core i7 and when rebooted did not load, gave a UEFI related error, can't remember now the exact error but it was like it couldn't find the boot files

On 3/29/2020 at 10:37 AM, zacho said:

Managed to get it to work. Thank you!

I will still stick to DietPi until an easy way to integrate Spotify connect comes out

But does Dietpi have Spotify connect then? I've used both with LMS+squeezelite and the Spotty plugin. Works fine on both, (though with some occasional no discovery in the Spotify app, but I have that also with Volumio or Chromecast).

On 4/1/2020 at 3:29 AM, misterspense said:

But does Dietpi have Spotify connect then? I've used both with LMS+squeezelite and the Spotty plugin. Works fine on both, (though with some occasional no discovery in the Spotify app, but I have that also with Volumio or Chromecast).

Yup! Dietpi has Raspotify. It works flawlessly. Perhaps it could be considered as an option to be implemented into a Gentoo update further down the line.

On my NUC with Gentoo Player there is no setting in my UEFI BIOS to control the functionality of the physical power button.  This means my only way of doing a controlled shutdown is from Gentoo’s web interface (other than hard shut down).

Is there anyway to code Gentoo so that a single press of the physical power button on the NUC will trigger the shutdown sequence?

Not a problem for Raspberry Pi as they use so little can just leave it running, but a NUC I would rather switch off when not in use.  Would be convenient if the web interface didn’t need to be accessed.

Thanks & great work with the SACD feature.

I just updated to 2.12 and I see that there is JRiver support!!!
I have a master license for jriver so I would like to experiment a bit! What are my options with it?
If I download JRiver in Gentooplayer it should be in the rpi3b+ I use as player and it will run independently OR I should install it to my rpi4 that now has only LMS enabled?
How can I configure then JRiver without a keyboard and mouse?

&

A few posts above I saw Lumin app as a control for gentoo. I never managed Lumin to work in my setup!
I have minimsever running in my NAS and UpMpdcli/MPD running in my Gentooplayer Rpi. Even though Kazoo works just fine Lumin app can't see my player as a "Lumin" (my library in minimserver is shown OK)

Thank you (x2)

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

11 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

I just updated to 2.12 and I see that there is JRiver support!!!
I have a master license for jriver so I would like to experiment a bit! What are my options with it?
If I download JRiver in Gentooplayer it should be in the rpi3b+ I use as player and it will run independently OR I should install it to my rpi4 that now has only LMS enabled?
How can I configure then JRiver without a keyboard and mouse?

&

A few posts above I saw Lumin app as a control for gentoo. I never managed Lumin to work in my setup!
I have minimsever running in my NAS and UpMpdcli/MPD running in my Gentooplayer Rpi. Even though Kazoo works just fine Lumin app can't see my player as a "Lumin" (my library in minimserver is shown OK)

Thank you (x2)

For Lumin:

I think you have to run Bubbleupnp (in GentooPlayer).

Then connect with a web browser to the IP address of the GentooPlayer machine running Bubbleupnp, port 58050, to create an OpenHome Renderer (Media Renderers tab) .  Example - 192.168.1.239:58050

@DomieMic65 you actually have two options

the first is to have Bubbleupnpserver installed anywhere in your network, this is my option even if I don’t use the one from GentooPlayer 

the second is to change the lumincompat parameter to 1 in upmpdcli.conf in GentooPlayer, but you loose the possibility to login to streaming services as Qobuz and Tidal

here you can find the upmpdcli user guide https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/releases.html

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/upmpdcli-manual.html#UPMPDCLI-RENDERER-FORMATS

42EFC265-4129-4063-AF11-CF0C816E028D.png

Stefano

My audio system

Thank you both very much!

So I could run Qobuz from the Lumin app?

But anyway since I use Qobuz from LMS plugin the use the non bubleupunp option sounds good too. What is the path for the upmpdcli.conf?
I will try and report back!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

28 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

Thank you both very much!

So I could run Qobuz from the Lumin app?

But anyway since I use Qobuz from LMS plugin the use the non bubleupunp option sounds good too. What is the path for the upmpdcli.conf?
I will try and report back!

Never mind ... I found the upmpdcli.conf and set lumincompat=1.

I can use Lumin now for playback but the playlist column stays empty even though I can control playback from Lumin...

E2FA1CF1-4F67-4179-88AC-CE04B28E5FD1.png
Actually I can’t control nothing except start playing by long pressing on an album...

May be bubleupnp must be enabled to gentooplayer?

As for now only upmpdcli is enabled.