IGNORED

Objectivists/Subjectivists

89reksal

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Not all Objectivists or Subjectivists are tarred with the same brush, neither do they all have rigid beliefs, with some having an interest in what they hear, as well as the measurements that may, or may not, confirm what they have heard.

You fall into this group.

That is the first time I hear you say this, Alex. So, thank you! ?

5 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

PS: Null tests ending at whatever -dB don't count because the whatever -dB is subjective to the tester to begin with. Prejudiced (wherever that came from).

-> Oh, I know, we can't perceive a -120dB signal. Bwehhhhhh. Solves all !

But nothing.

OK, Peter, demonstrate that you can hear a -120dB signal at normal audio playback levels and I'll buy a Lush^2 cable.

6 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Yes but he does make recommendations about purchasing based on measurement without listening apparently

" Should you run and buy these short cables/adapters? No, you shouldn't "

But he didn’t say that you shouldn’t walk and buy it, now did he? ;)

Again, any color commentary from Amir is just that. His opinion. Maybe worth just a bit more than dime a dozen. His measurements are invaluable, OTOH.

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

So now you can measure not only the width of the soundstage, the depth of the soundstage, both behind the speakers AND the listening position , as well as the HEIGHT of the soundstage where this element is present, such as in a well recorded  Thunder Storm ? :o

No. But if I tell you that my soundstage is bigger than yours, can you prove me wrong?  Can you even argue with this subjective opinion? No, because you have no idea what I'm hearing, except for the vague words of description that can mean very different things to different people. And when I tell you that it just got even bigger when I replaced my power cord, would you run out and buy the same power cord?

23 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

That's not totally correct. I listened to what was on the far left and marked the spot. I listened to what was on the far right and marked the spot. I measured the distance between the two spots. It was a reproducible measurement. 😛

And did you count the number of veils lifted?

1 hour ago, PeterSt said:

Anyway, I won't agree with any of his measurements because most make no sense at all. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time that he shows an FFT of a USB signal (not so in this particular case - that's normal DAC output).

Where did he do an FFT of a USB signal? As an example, here's what he measured in the last review, and pretty much the same for all the recent ones. For a Chord DAC:

• FFT of 1KHz signal on analog output at 2v to show harmonic distortion
  • THD+N / SINAD
  • IMD
  • Dynamic Range
  • Jitter
  • Linearity
  • THD+N vs Frequency
  • Multi-tone distortion test
  • Square wave performance
  • Filter response at various sampling rates

Any of these you particularly object to?