IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

2 hours ago, analogmusic said:

is there going to be a optical rendu product with BNC SPDIF output? That's the one that interests me.

Sonore has the ultraDigital product to provide for SPDIF/I2S output.  Adding SPDIF to the opticalRednu would add considerable cost (probably almost doubling the cost) so we prefer to have a very good USB output so that only those who really need SPDIF would have to pay for the extra expense.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

1 hour ago, analogmusic said:

Understand but then I’ll be staying happy with my allo digi one streamer with BNC spdif ouput

There is nothing wrong with that, as long as you are happy with the quality of your playback, that's great!  Enjoy the music.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

production update

We have received images of the production run for approval and they look great. When the boards arrive we will start testing them while we wait for the enclosures. I can't make any promises because things can happen that are out of our control, but right now we are shooting for mid March to start shipping units. Fingers crossed...

On 1/26/2019 at 7:22 AM, barrows said:

That is TBD...  I have not even built a first prototype Signature optical (yet).  If/when Sonore does offer a "Signature" level opticalRendu one can be assured it will be optimized for the best possible performance.  There are a couple of power supply changes I will be testing...

It is also very likely that there will be an upgrade program for current Signature Rendu SE owners (The Chassis, transformer, and power supply in the SRse make up a significant portion of the cost), as these customers have a very significant investment in their Renderer.

As for silver, I do not know.  Perhaps...  offering even two faceplate color options adds significant complexities and expense to inventory management and is difficult for a low production volume product like this.  The black faceplate on the Signature is a really special finish and looks fantastic (no way can pictures do it justice) but we understand the desire of some customers for silver...

This would be great news if you can upgrade my Signature Rendu SE to include this modification. I got the unit as a way to imorove sq but also simplify system. I figured I would not get the new optical modules since it adds more devices/ cables, etc. however, if it were part of an upgrade I wouldn’t hesitate to do it. 

20 minutes ago, lxgreen said:

This would be great news if you can upgrade my Signature Rendu SE to include this modification. I got the unit as a way to imorove sq but also simplify system. I figured I would not get the new optical modules since it adds more devices/ cables, etc. however, if it were part of an upgrade I wouldn’t hesitate to do it. 

It is almost certain that there will be an upgrade option for the Signature Rendu SE.  This would replace the main board with a completely new one, retaining the power supply and chassis.  We are still around 6 weeks away from being ready to announce this officially, and we have yet to set pricing, so just stay tuned for announcements.

Please note that this upgrade would not just add the optical input, the new main board is a new design with many other improvements as well.

SONORE computer audio

Production update

The production boards arrived yesterday and a few are shipping out to our team members today for internal testing. As best as I can tell the enclosures which should arrive first of March. 

If you are interested in this product please sign up to the Sonore mailing list on our website at www.sonore.us or through this direct link:

https://www.sonore.us/mailing-list.html

On 2/6/2019 at 8:10 AM, vortecjr said:

Production update

The production boards arrived yesterday and a few are shipping out to our team members today for internal testing. As best as I can tell the enclosures which should arrive first of March. 

If you are interested in this product please sign up to the Sonore mailing list on our website at www.sonore.us or through this direct link:

https://www.sonore.us/mailing-list.html

any feedback from internal testers you care to  share?

3 minutes ago, cat6man said:

any feedback from internal testers you care to  share?

All I can say here is that I think anyone who upgrades their Signature Rendu SE to the optical version will be happy...

SONORE computer audio

4 minutes ago, cat6man said:

Jesus,

Feed us some crumbs here..............any feedback on opticalRendu vs. ultraRendu from internal testers that can be shared?

Did you watch Chris' quick bit video on the opticalRendu?

SONORE computer audio

Hi, I'm currently using an ultrarendu and sonic transporter i5.  I'm interested in the optical rendu, systemoptique and/or optical module, but I'm confused how I can use any of these optical products in my system setup.  I read the threads in this forum, and also the article in Audiostream about electronically isolating the system using media converters and fiber cable, and I'm trying to figure out how to integrate optical into my current setup.

Currently, I run a modem into an eero router, and the eero, STi5 and a powerline base unit into a non optical switch. That is all in the basement.  In my living room upstairs I have the ultrarendu which is plugged into the 2nd powerline module and the DAC.  Everything runs on ethernet and usb.

Is there a way to take advantage of any of these new optical products and if so what is the way to set them up in in my current system.  Which of the products do I need and what would the setup be? What would get plugged into the optical switch SFP port?  How do I use the opticalrendu if it and the DAC are upstairs in a separate room from the router, switch in the basement? 

Thank you for any clarity you can shed on the subject and help with the setup.  Regards everyone.

1 hour ago, Musikfan said:

Hi, I'm currently using an ultrarendu and sonic transporter i5.  I'm interested in the optical rendu, systemoptique and/or optical module, but I'm confused how I can use any of these optical products in my system setup.  I read the threads in this forum, and also the article in Audiostream about electronically isolating the system using media converters and fiber cable, and I'm trying to figure out how to integrate optical into my current setup.

Currently, I run a modem into an eero router, and the eero, STi5 and a powerline base unit into a non optical switch. That is all in the basement.  In my living room upstairs I have the ultrarendu which is plugged into the 2nd powerline module and the DAC.  Everything runs on ethernet and usb.

Is there a way to take advantage of any of these new optical products and if so what is the way to set them up in in my current system.  Which of the products do I need and what would the setup be? What would get plugged into the optical switch SFP port?  How do I use the opticalrendu if it and the DAC are upstairs in a separate room from the router, switch in the basement? 

Thank you for any clarity you can shed on the subject and help with the setup.  Regards everyone.

You would use a fiber medial converter or FMC. You connect your Ethernet cable into one end and the opticalRendu to the other end. We are making our own FMC to follow the release of the opticalRendu called the opticalModule.

2 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

You would use a fiber medial converter or FMC. You connect your Ethernet cable into one end and the opticalRendu to the other end. We are making our own FMC to follow the release of the opticalRendu called the opticalModule.

Hi, thanks.  When you say connect the ethernet cable into the FMC do you mean the ethernet cable from the powerline unit that is currently plugs into my ultrarendu? So, all I would need is an optical module and the opticalrendu?  Would I still need an optical switch? And if so, what cable gets plugged into the SFP of the switch?  Sorry, but am trying to understand the setup. Thanks again for any help. 

2 minutes ago, Musikfan said:

Hi, thanks.  When you say connect the ethernet cable into the FMC do you mean the ethernet cable from the powerline unit that is currently plugs into my ultrarendu? So, all I would need is an optical module and the opticalrendu?  Would I still need an optical switch? And if so, what cable gets plugged into the SFP of the switch?  Sorry, but am trying to understand the setup. Thanks again for any help. 

All you would need is the opticalModule, but you can use a switch if you want to. If the switch has an SFP port then you can connect it directly opticalRendu. The SFP port takes an insert that outputs optical Ethernet and we will be selling the SPF inserts to assure compatibility from end to end. 

26 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

All you would need is the opticalModule, but you can use a switch if you want to. If the switch has an SFP port then you can connect it directly opticalRendu. The SFP port takes an insert that outputs optical Ethernet and we will be selling the SPF inserts to assure compatibility from end to end. 

So just to be clear, I connect the ethernet cable from the powerline unit in the living room into the OpticalModule and then connect the opticalModule with the Opticalrendu,. Is that right? 

Also, do I continue to use my Ultrarendu or does that get replaced by the opticalrendu? 

Sorry if I sound ignorant about this topic, and thank you for your patience.