IGNORED

MQA vs HiRez: an apples-to-apples comparison - FINAL

20 minutes ago, austinpop said:

We hear what we hear!

100%.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

5 hours ago, manisandher said:

There is no 'higher end' DAC than the Phasure NOS1... IMHO of course ?.

Mani.

I didn't mean to imply that your DAC wasn't "high end."  I haven't been able to listen to one, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I just meant that since you're listening to only one DAC, maybe what you're hearing is particular to that DAC (or that DAC and its playback software). 

11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

were the software and its setting the same??

If you had bothered to read the thread properly you would know that the S/W settings were different, but the files were still bit perfect when captured.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

20 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

were the software and its setting the same??

The 2 outputs from the software were captured digitally and proven to be bit-identical.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

5 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

after reading the thread properly, that may not have been adequate... despite the upside down BS from the upside down part of the planet

I repeat, you obviously didn't read the thread properly and will continue to dispute the relevance of Mani's findings.

Mani is more than capable of conclusively repeating his previous record of 9 out of 10 in an ABX, having learned from the false start of the previous session.

Put simply, you aren't interested in finding the  truth, or anything that doesn't agree with what you already believe.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

18 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I repeat, you obviously didn't read the thread properly and will continue to dispute the relevance of Mani's findings.

Mani is more than capable of conclusively repeating his previous record of 9 out of 10 in an ABX, having learned from the false start of the previous session.

Put simply, you aren't interested in finding the  truth, or anything that doesn't agree with what you already believe.

chill out muffy - a well-written Methods section is a sine qua non of all technical writing

now stop trying to put words in my mouth and work on your hearing

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

chill out muffy - a well-written Methods section is a sine qua non of all technical writing

now stop trying to put words in my mouth and work on your hearing

It would appear that you missed that technical writing class or slept through it  !

It would also appear that my hearing, despite age and damage is still vastly superior to yours, as you aren't even game to put yours to the test in the various threads where comparisons are provided. You are not even game to post any listening  findings with the various MQA listening examples.  

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

Sandman - it is too bad you don't understand digital electronics

no one with a brain is 'game' to listen to your magically infested files

It's too bad that you are so full of yourself that you aren't even willing to try the videos on the BR disc on the suitable Oppo  BR player that you own.

You simply don't want to know the truth, and post mainly insults and personal attacks that if someone like me posted would cause me to be reprimanded and possibly banned.

Lift your game !!!

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I avoid wasting my time on trivia

That's a copout !

You have so little confidence in your own listening abilities that you are unwilling to try any of the numerous comparison tracks made available in different C.A. threads, and post your results for other members to see.

5 hours ago, sandyk said:

post your results for other members to see

Maybe my answer will embolden Ralf11: I heard only minor differences between the three FINAL tracks. I could have kept trying, but the differences weren't significant enough for me to care and I found the music deeply boring. Seven minutes of noodling on an uninteresting theme.

As I said previously, this sort of comparison really needs a vocal track, because the human voice is what people understand best. The music in the first thread was outstanding.

PS I was able to identify the MQA track in the previous two threads, and found it least appealing in each case. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.

41 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

... I found the music deeply boring.

10 minutes ago, randyhat said:

Exactly.  Good music, no matter how well recorded will always sound better than well recorded boring music.

FWIW, I like the music in all 3 'apples-to-apples' threads ?.

Mani.