IGNORED

Qobuz in US: When?

11 hours ago, Jud said:

A very interesting take.  What would be the reason not to use a computer you have at home to send music from Qobuz with, e.g., Audirvana Plus, to a streamer?

Jud,

As far as network players or streaming devices, my Aurender N100, for example is designed to pull the FLAC files off my NAS, and uses it's built in Tidal interface for streaming to my DAC, and then to my preamp. It don't see a way for it to accept that signal from a computer. 

I am now moving to a MicroRendu Ultra and SonicTransporter solution, which, using Roon, would stream Tidal to my DAC, but again, I don't see how it would work with a computer in the chain sending Qobuz. I may be missing something, as this is an all new implementation that I am waiting for the SonicTransporter to execute. 

JC

46 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Jud,

As far as network players or streaming devices, my Aurender N100, for example is designed to pull the FLAC files off my NAS, and uses it's built in Tidal interface for streaming to my DAC, and then to my preamp. It don't see a way for it to accept that signal from a computer. 

I am now moving to a MicroRendu Ultra and SonicTransporter solution, which, using Roon, would stream Tidal to my DAC, but again, I don't see how it would work with a computer in the chain sending Qobuz. I may be missing something, as this is an all new implementation that I am waiting for the SonicTransporter to execute. 

JC

The UltraRendu itself will accept Qobuz sent by Wi-Fi/Ethernet from a Mac or PC running Audirvana+. Nothing else needed.

Now for whatever reason this may not be what you want to do, but it is possible.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

45 minutes ago, Jud said:

The UltraRendu itself will accept Qobuz sent by Wi-Fi/Ethernet from a Mac or PC running Audirvana+. Nothing else needed.

Now for whatever reason this may not be what you want to do, but it is possible.

Thanks for the explanation Jud. With the UltraRendu and the SonicTransporter already in the new system chain, though, also introducing a PC isn't something I truly wanted to do. And, in addition, my desktop pc is all the way across the house and on another floor, so the aforementioned scenario isn't really viable, since I can't physically access it while in my listening room.

JC

@TubeLover I believe you can also stream Qobuz (and Tidal, without MQA) through an ultraRendu using:

* BubbleUPnP on the ultraRendu and the Linn Kazoo controller app on another device, or

* Squeezelite on the ultraRendu and LMS (Squeezebox Server) on the sonicTransporter, with any compatible controller app including a web browser.

I subscribe to both Qobuz and Tidal, and use the LMS/Squeezelite solution to stream Hi-Res from Qobuz and CD-quality from Tidal all the time. Also the Radio Paradise FLAC streams, and lots of other good stuff.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

3 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Thanks for the explanation Jud. With the UltraRendu and the SonicTransporter already in the new system chain, though, also introducing a PC isn't something I truly wanted to do. And, in addition, my desktop pc is all the way across the house and on another floor, so the aforementioned scenario isn't really viable, since I can't physically access it while in my listening room.

JC

Well, that's the setup I happen to have, and I control both local and Qobuz music through A+ by means of its iPhone/iPad remote.

Not arguing you should do this, just wanted to mention it if anyone reading was considering something similar.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, Jud said:

Well, that's the setup I happen to have, and I control both local and Qobuz music through A+ by means of its iPhone/iPad remote.

Not arguing you should do this, just wanted to mention it if anyone reading was considering something similar.

Thanks Jud, you've again provided me with information I didn't have on how this can be accomplished.

JC

On 12/30/2018 at 4:23 PM, left channel said:

@TubeLover I believe you can also stream Qobuz (and Tidal, without MQA) through an ultraRendu using:

* BubbleUPnP on the ultraRendu and the Linn Kazoo controller app on another device, or

* Squeezelite on the ultraRendu and LMS (Squeezebox Server) on the sonicTransporter, with any compatible controller app including a web browser.

I subscribe to both Qobuz and Tidal, and use the LMS/Squeezelite solution to stream Hi-Res from Qobuz and CD-quality from Tidal all the time. Also the Radio Paradise FLAC streams, and lots of other good stuff.

Hey Left Channel - Happy New Year! - I'm interested to know more about LMS/Squeezelite and the Radio Paradise Flac streams. Any way to feed my Lumin D1?..... still waiting on Roon for this...

8 hours ago, Chiller said:

Hey Left Channel - Happy New Year! - I'm interested to know more about LMS/Squeezelite and the Radio Paradise Flac streams. Any way to feed my Lumin D1?..... still waiting on Roon for this...

And HNY to you! Maybe there's a way. At minimum you can listen to a lower-res Radio Paradise "Main Mix" stream using the TuneIn app on the D1. But you probably already knew that. Other than the official RP single-device web and mobile apps, LMS is the only way to get all the RP streams and get them in CD-quality FLAC, and it will serve them up on your network.

You'd need to install LMS (it's free) in a computer, add the Radio Paradise plug-in and the UPnPBridge plug-in, and then hopefully LMS will find the D1 as a UPnP player on your network. A lot will depend on Lumin's UPnP implementation, but you may be good-to-go, and could control playback from your phone or tablet.

I recommend you also install the Material Skin plug-in; it really updates the interface on both the desktop and the mobile web app. No Squeezelite needed in this case. Want to try? 

RP-streams.thumb.jpg.07d713ec1585ce336c35fc395468ce10.jpg

11 hours ago, wklie said:

Please try Radio Paradise on an Apple device then AirPlay to Lumin.

So the RP iOS app via AirPlay to the Lumin? @Chiller if you try that please let us know how it sounds. AirPlay decodes the FLAC into its own format before transporting, ruining Hi-Res files, but they claim it performs equivalent to 16/44.1 CD-quality and I'm always curious how the result sounds to people.

26 minutes ago, exdmd said:

There is a Qobuz signup landing page confirmed working for US residents at https://www.qobuz.com/nl-nl/discover

Just click the 'Try For Free' button. Maybe it will continue working for a while longer:)

Odd. The "nl-nl" indicates Dutch-Netherlands. As opposed to en-US for English-'Murican.  And yet it's all in English and worth trying.

I have been using the UK account for a long time.
I got a US account the other day and I'm trying it.
I'm comparing the accounts of the two countries. (Store and Streaming)
In the US, I can see many artists with fewer albums than UK. Especially classical artists and European bands.
This is true for both store and streaming.
 (As you know, the tracks that can be streamed are the same as the tracks that are dealed at each country's store)
For me it is best to pay both purchases and streaming in US dollars, but I'm Classical fans and I also like European metal bands, so the number of albums in US is worst for me.
Do you think the lack of some albums in US will be improved?

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/interpreter/lisa-batiashvili/download-streaming-albums (19 albums)
https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/interpreter/lisa-batiashvili/download-streaming-albums (5 albums)

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/interpreter/amaranthe/download-streaming-albums (13 albums)
https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/interpreter/amaranthe/download-streaming-albums (6 albums)

19 hours ago, left channel said:

Odd. The "nl-nl" indicates Dutch-Netherlands. As opposed to en-US for English-'Murican.  And yet it's all in English and worth trying.

No longer working though they closed the loophole. You were also able to get in for a few days by going to the main Qobuz Facebook page first then clicking the first link shown but that too no longer works for US IP addresses.

1 hour ago, exdmd said:

No longer working though they closed the loophole. You were also able to get in for a few days by going to the main Qobuz Facebook page first then clicking the first link shown but that too no longer works for US IP addresses.

😞  Oh well. Based on @yaslam's post, they may still be working on US licensing anyway. I am willing to bet that situation will improve.