IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

30 minutes ago, brianlg said:

Question: when you search on US for an artist, and you see under their artist name "4 releases", but on the artist page there is only 1 relase, why is that? I assume it's a region issue -- but I believe the albums should be available in the US. This happens for quite a few artists. For an example: artist "Windir" shows only one album available to me, but says "4 releases". 

This is a wrong information. This is no more avaliable on the new desktop search. This information does not take care take down release. 

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

4 hours ago, KenG said:

Any plans for Qobuz to support Autoplay? ie, after the last song from and album is complete, it will start a radio station with like-minded songs. 

I know that Roon does this and so does Tidal. Would be really cool if Qobuz supported it.

This feature is in progress and will be available next year

On 11/24/2019 at 12:03 AM, rickca said:

I clicked on the album cover for Mozart: Clarinet Concerto, Clarinet Quintet & Quintettsatz, K.Anh.91 and Malwarebytes Premium blocked an outbound connection to datapro.website due to a potential Trojan.  The IP address is 172.241.69.4 port 63551.

I've never seen this before while using Qobuz Desktop on Windows 10.  Now I'm getting this when clicking on some other album covers as well (but different IP and port).

@David Craff any idea what's happening?

Is anyone else running Malwarebytes Premium and getting similar warnings?  

I never saw this and doesn't know this adress "datapro.website". url from Qobuz must ben on qobuz.com.

Check your computer, seems to be a malware

12 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

Hi David,  Can you offer any updates on the Multichannel file situation?

Any plans to get their streaming functioning outside of Roon, or adding more albums to the catalog?

TIA

Sal

Sorry I have no update  about that.

We don't plan to add this to our applications because we have many things to improve before.

Adding more albums multichannel on our catalog depends of the supplier.

My opinion is that the audio multichannel is being born, and that we will have to wait a little longer to see a format that stands out, between Sony's 360°, Dolby Atmos, which is quite trendy, and other...

On 11/30/2019 at 12:13 PM, jacobacci said:

Here I read that one can supposedly add keywords to Qobuz searches.

The keywords in the post are:

- #HiRes to filter to only Hi-Res files 
- #NewRelease to filter to only new releases from the past month (even if they were not featured on the discover page) 

- #ComposerOnly to filter the query to composer only 
- #Award to filter to releases with an award (Qobuz Award or Press Award)

- #MultiChannel to filter releases in 5.1 surround sound (we have about 300 albums available in 5.1)

However I could not get any of these to work. Could someone at Qobuz confirm whether these keywords are valid?

thanks a lot

EDIT: They seem to work in the Qobuz Desktop App, not on the Qobuz webpage

Here are the possible filters :

#ByLabel

#ByReleaseName

#ByMainArtist

#ByPerformer

#ByComposer

#NewRelease

#MultiChannel

#Award

#HiRes

Add this in you query, this is available on all device using Qobuz.

11 hours ago, brianlg said:

Hi David. Quick question on catalog as well. 

1. Do you ever run a script to compare your offerings with Tidal and work on filling in the gaps?
  2. Do you ever run a script to compare what's missing in Qobuz US that you have available in other regions vs. what's available in Tidal US? I feel like there's a lot of albums that fall under this. Look at Artist "Windir" for example.. it looks like the GB store has 5 albums, but US only has two; however, all five of these are available for US streaming on all other services so I'm not sure why Qobuz has them unavailable for US.  

Hi,

We do not use script to compare our offering. We know what is missing and do the best to get it.  If you find missing release, artist or label, just send us an email with information and our team will try to find them and add it.

Remember that we need to deal with the supplier so it can't be do quickly.

Regards

1 hour ago, KenG said:

David, these are amazingly helpful and I notice they also work within Audirvana. Is there somewhere within the app that shows these so I don't have to always come back to this thread. Would be really awesome if you had a "tips and tricks" link within the app. 

Also, are there any other similar tricks that aren't well known?

Great job as always and I really appreciate that you are out on this forum often answering our questions. I'm really happy with the service and plan to upgrade to an annual plan.

This filter are available for all partners if you enter them on the search box. Only Qobuz desktop application use them with button to activate. 

Partner will receive soon a documentation to do the same if they want. 

16 hours ago, ShawnC said:

There's no Albulm cover art work for Dokken's -

Back for the Attack 

Breaking the Chains 

Under Lock and Key

Any chance this can get fixed?  This is the only misssing cover art I have.

Issue sent to our Supply Chain Service.

Regards

8 hours ago, PAR said:

Yes, I checked the Schubert on Qobuz UK and it is the same. I don't know if you have tried the greyed out tracks but they are 30 second clips at 320kbs MP3. This latter format is typical of pre-release embargoed albums where the record label will only allow tasters on Qobuz. This may be a case where the album was embargoed in such a way pre-release but the record company has not correctly authorised the freeing of the album post release or Qobuz has incorrectly actioned it. David Craff may be able to deal with this but I will notify Qobuz Customer Services in Paris tomorrow in respect of the issue on the UK service.

Hi,

I will forward this issue.

Regards

1 hour ago, RichardSF said:

@David Craff

Qobuz is missing most of the albums from SFS Media (the music label of the San Francisco Symphony). Albums are listed here: https://www.warnerclassics.com/artist/san-francisco-symphony/releases. Only a handful of the albums are on Qobuz (but Spotify have almost all of them).

Hi,

We are waiting for delivery from Warner for this content.

Regards

8 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

The big one is that even though I am using WASAPI exclusive output to my Rega DAC which supports up to 192kHz audio (works fine with files of that rating when playing local library via JRiver Media Center USB exclusive WASAPI or ASIO), I cannot get proper playback of anything above 96 on the DAC. With 192 or 176.4 files in Qobuz, the sound is slowed down and mangled with digital noise. I tried changing my Qobuz output to the same DAC via ASIO and although it does play the files properly, it is not stable and the program keeps crashing and opening JRiver. So that won't work. It should work as long as JRiver which also has exclusive access to the same DAC is not running in the background, and I have verified that it is not running unless the app is launched and open on my Windows 10 desktop. I would like to be able to listen to the highest res files on my Qobuz app in their native bit depth and sampling rate, but for now I must set my Qobuz playback preferences to 96kHz so that if I play a file with higher sampling rate it does not sound like crap.

Hi,

Did you try without other software that can manage the audio output, JRiver too... ?

The other issues relate to playing playlists with varying sampling rates. Some songs in the list are 44.1, some are 96 or 88.2, and when it switches between different songs with different rates, it either upsamples or downsamples and does not play the file at the listed rate. Whereas the same file will play at the native resolution when playing it as part of the album. This needs to get fixed. While I most often like to listen to a full album, I would like to be able to listen to favorite songs or playlists with each track playing at the correct sampling rate.

This will be fixed in the next release, 5.4.0 launch today.

The last issue is that sometimes the player hangs. It stops near the end of a song in an album and I have to manually skip ahead to the next song using the player on my desktop.

This always happen to the end of the track ? What is your Internet connexion ?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...