IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

Media buttons don't work for me. 

All albums are sorted in an artists page alphabetically. Would love if you could sort all albums by Year. 

No way to view all artists in the "artist" tab as Album Artist. Kind of sucks if you have albums with a variety of artists, the entire view just looks like a huge mess.

I would also love if there was a "LYRICS" tag in the tag editor. Make it look exactly like the "COMMENT" tag. 

And also +1 to the people saying that the program slows down with a massive collection. Only issue for me is slow scrolling through the albums and artist tag. Looks like the album art needs to load every time, resulting in slow scrolling. 

Also unable to use the Heart/Favorite value in smartlists. For example, make a smartlist with tracks you've hearted in the last month.

These are my main dislikes of this player. I think it has a lot of potential though and it's one of the best looking players I've seen. 

I put A+ Windows on the shelf for a while to let it mature as I was having lots of usability issues and was too frustrated to want to deal with it anymore at that time.  I decided today to give it a try again. 

When I clicked on the A+ icon on my desktop it asked to update.  I click yes and it downloaded and I assume updated.  Then my computer restarted and hung up on a black screen.  I had to keep restating it with the power button as no keys control was working.  After about 4 restart attempts my computer went into some Dell self fix mode or something.  A while later it finally started I got it through the install process.  But the same issue.  I can't get the program to open. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled two more times and the same issue.

Why will the program not open?  I am running Windows 10 Pro and a 3 month old 2500.00 Dell.

Any suggestions?   I am uninstalling now as it seems my computer and A+ are not playing very well. 

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"
26 minutes ago, Evo-No-Revo said:

I put A+ Windows on the shelf for a while to let it mature as I was having lots of usability issues and was too frustrated to want to deal with it anymore at that time.  I decided today to give it a try again. 

When I clicked on the A+ icon on my desktop it asked to update.  I click yes and it downloaded and I assume updated.  Then my computer restarted and hung up on a black screen.  I had to keep restating it with the power button as no keys control was working.  After about 4 restart attempts my computer went into some Dell self fix mode or something.  A while later it finally started I got it through the install process.  But the same issue.  I can't get the program to open. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled two more times and the same issue.

Why will the program not open?  I am running Windows 10 Pro and a 3 month old 2500.00 Dell.

Any suggestions?   I am uninstalling now as it seems my computer and A+ are not playing very well. 

If you have restore enabled, just roll back Windows 10 to before Audirvana was installed, and try again. Other than that, uninstall and remove all reference to Audirvana in places like user folders, registry etc. that uninstall leaves behind.

9 hours ago, bokat57 said:

Hi 

I just installed the windows version of Audirvana and I can not seem to find any way to control the volume.

Is there a volume control ?

Am I missing something  ?

Thanks

Bob

There is no volume control. And I honestly never noticed because I use the volume on my amp. I know JRiver has volume control in ASIO and WASAPI,  but you have to choose the "internal" volume option in settings. By default, running ASIO or WASAPI JRiver does not have volume ether.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:43 PM, Screwdriver said:

If you have restore enabled, just roll back Windows 10 to before Audirvana was installed, and try again. Other than that, uninstall and remove all reference to Audirvana in places like user folders, registry etc. that uninstall leaves behind.

I have done every way I know how to remove all remnants of A+.  It was completely gone before I tried to reinstall the last two times. 

I get the same issue every time.  The install seems to go fine.  But the program will not open. 

I am clueless what to do at this point..

Restore is not an option with current settings.

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"
22 hours ago, Evo-No-Revo said:

I have done every way I know how to remove all remnants of A+.  It was completely gone before I tried to reinstall the last two times. 

I get the same issue every time.  The install seems to go fine.  But the program will not open. 

Do you get any error when attempting to start the program.

To make a complete uninstall, have you deleted the contents of the ClickOnce Apps folder (c:\Users\[Your login name]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0) ? If you have other ClickOnce applications installed, you may want to delete only the subfolders starting with audi. under the two levels of capital letters folders.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

And I've just released 1.1 update that brings compatibility with A+ Remote (just updated to 1.8, update rolling out now on the Apple AppStore servers)

1.1 also brings the White colored UI theme (switch is in the General section of the preferences page)

and bug fixes

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

22 hours ago, Evo-No-Revo said:

Another option I mentioned a few pages back is to create another admin user in Windows 10 and try to install there. If it works you could back up your user folders etc., delete your account and then add a new account for yourself. That did solve an install issue with a couple other people.

23 hours ago, damien78 said:

And I've just released 1.1 update that brings compatibility with A+ Remote (just updated to 1.8, update rolling out now on the Apple AppStore servers)

1.1 also brings the White colored UI theme (switch is in the General section of the preferences page)

and bug fixes

Thanks! Dig the light theme. Now if you could add an option to make the Artist "circle" icons smaller. I have so many artists that it takes awhile to scroll through when I have no idea what I feel like listening too. Maybe a 50%, 75% and 100% option.

Hi

On my Audirvana plus for Mac I have it in direct mode and exclusive access. I have always been able to control my stereo playback volume with the Audirvana app.

I am trying out Windows 10 Audirvana I really like the sound quality but I can not control the volume from the Audirvana for Windows app.

When I output the playback to my computer speakers I can control the volume from the volume slider on the audirvana app.

However when I send the signal to my DAC the volume slider on the Audirvana app. disappears and the windows volume control is bypassed and I can not control the volume.

Is there something I can do to be able to have volume control from the audirvana app or the windows volume control.

By the way I am running windows10 on my imac with boot camp.

Thanks

Bob

PS I posted this exact post on the Audirvana forum

Hello All,

haven’t been following this thread as I have been using a ROON ROCK (Intel NUC) running ROON but am wondering if there is a minimal Windows install (assume 10 but have been out of the MS environment for some time) that could facilitate a headless install on an i3 with SSD for OS and outboard SSD for music.  Seeking to run A+.  Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

miss my days with A+

thanks

wdw

12 hours ago, szczemirek said:

I need 24 bit limit under upsampling settings. Is any way to do that? Thanks.

To limit output to 24bit instead of 32bit with an audio device that does both, you can enable the "Limit to 24bit" option in the behind a bridge paragraph (in the audio device section) in the audio settings page

On 9/12/2018 at 3:51 AM, wdw said:

Hello All,

haven’t been following this thread as I have been using a ROON ROCK (Intel NUC) running ROON but am wondering if there is a minimal Windows install (assume 10 but have been out of the MS environment for some time) that could facilitate a headless install on an i3 with SSD for OS and outboard SSD for music.  Seeking to run A+.  Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

miss my days with A+

thanks

wdw

Windows 10, Creators update min (though you'll want the latest for security (MS patches) reasons)

4GB RAM min (though 8GB recommended)

SSD is great

i3 may limit your ambitions in DSD upsampling to high DSD rates

Enjoy your music!

On 9/12/2018 at 2:54 AM, bokat57 said:

Is there something I can do to be able to have volume control from the audirvana app or the windows volume control.

By the way I am running windows10 on my imac with boot camp.

Thanks

Bob

PS I posted this exact post on the Audirvana forum

For DACs that do not have volume control, you need the software volume control feature in Audirvana Plus.

It's on my roadmap, just after the VST plugins support that is my current topic...

8 minutes ago, shoom said:

KS would also be a nice option.

I believe that's planned for some point as well.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.