IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

8 minutes ago, tonileung said:

One function request for A+ remote control app: would you please add a "stop" button? There is only "pause" which keeps the computer holding at high CPU loading level with upsampling enabled.

Thanks!

Holding pause for a 2 sec brings Stop on Mac remote...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I installed the trial version on my W10 machine yesterday and things look (and sound) promising! Works both with USB directly to the Dac and via my streamer. Will evaluate the SQ compared with J River and Foobar (with the upnp plugin that basically seems to to what A+ does) this weekend.

Two issues that have been mentioned before but don’t seem to have been addressed though:

1     1. It doesn’t seem to be possible to view the library based on the album artist tag instead of artist. This is possible with A+ 2.x that I use on my Mac.

2. In the library view A+ doesn’t show album art based on folder.jpg. I don’t have, and don’t want to have, album art embedded in the files. In this case A+ only shows the folder.jpg album art in the small “playing now” area once an album is playing. 

Both these issues make the experience flawed for me and I will not go ahead and purchase the Windows version before knowing they will be addressed pretty soon. Hope they will!

Keep up the good work!

I have not been able to contact Audirvana.com for a few days. There is a message saying "audirvana.com’s server IP address could not be found".  Bought a Windows licence but I cannot download the program. Is anyone having the same problem? 

Here is the direct link if you can't get there :)

https://audirvana.com/delivery/apluswin/setup.exe

Special Warning :

• Please note you may get a Windows SmartScreen warning as this is a new application for Microsoft.
    And if you don’t have .Net 4.7.1 installed, it may want to reboot your PC to get it installed.
  • If, after many attempts, you still cannot install Audirvana Plus on your Windows 10, you could go to Windows Security Center Settings, Virus and Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, and then turn off controlled access to files (even momentarily).

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

i sent you the application installer from A+ website here on a private message... try to download it or give me your email if it doesn't work :)

Thanks.  I think the setup file still need to contact Audirvana.com. So it does not work. When I click on it, this is the error message: "An error occurred trying to download 'https://audirvana.com/delivery/apluswin/AudirvanaPlus.application'.

Thanks for trying anyway.  Much appreciated..  The program worked fine until a few days ago. So I uninstalled it and tried to install it again.  It is then I ran into this issue.  Hopefully Damien can help. Looking back, it did not worked well because it was trying to contact the website for update.  It seems there is some DNS issue which prevents me from contacting the website.

2 hours ago, VM said:

I have not been able to contact Audirvana.com for a few days. There is a message saying "audirvana.com’s server IP address could not be found".  Bought a Windows licence but I cannot download the program. Is anyone having the same problem? 

Try flushing your DNS or use another one like Google at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

On 10/13/2018 at 11:00 PM, shadowlight said:

Thx Damien.  I have mostly noticed that when trying to scroll up and down with the bar on the right.  Also, the album covers take a while show up under Qobuz (inconsistent behavior) and today I have a two crashes which generated the dmp file.  Please let me know if I you would like to review the dmp file. 

Couple of usage question:

1. Can you expand the now playing window that is at the bottom so you can see what is being played from bit further (I have not gotten around to getting the remote app yet)
  2. Does the remote app available for both iOS and Android?  Are there any restriction on version of iOS or Android?  My iPad is running version 9.x which is the latest one it supports, while the Android one is running 6.x

@damien78, any idea, what I could be doing wrong here?

i am using alienware 15r3 and i have an 8TB external hard drive filled with music, it keeps crashing when I scan the music 

I simply gave up what to do, any advise this is really important for me to scan that external WD hard drive as what the use of audirvana if it can not scan my music 

also i experience lag scrolling for music by artist that got scanned, i am sure its not my laptop at alienware 15r3 has good enough specs

I bought audirvana Plus , please help for gods sake

On 10/15/2018 at 12:34 AM, tonileung said:

One function request for A+ remote control app: would you please add a "stop" button? There is only "pause" which keeps the computer holding at high CPU loading level with upsampling enabled.

Thanks!

Hi tonileung, if you keep pressing pause it will show stop button above pause. Koji

3 hours ago, tonileung said:

Got a problem twice. 

An error message said "Audirvana Plus exited unexpectedly. A miniDump file has been generated."

I keep my pc running all the time with A+ launched. Is this the reason of such error?

I have run into that couple of times.  No idea why though.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:42 PM, koupa said:

Is it possible to filter the artists page like the albums? I want to listen The Beatles but only the High Resolution files and not the MP3's that I have.

You can create a smart playlist, maybe like this one...

Snapz002.jpg

this one should be better narrow  :). Oups, just saw that i was in the Windows thread... should be the same i guess :) 

Snapz003.jpg

That's what I'm doing now. But I want something more versatile.

In Foobar I have setup an iTunes interface. So with a click I can select whatever I want to display. Samplerate or filetype or album or artist or ...

In Roon the filters are 2 clicks away.

I am a Mac user, but have been telling my Windows friends for years about the joys of Audirvana. Since I do not have access for a Windows 10 computer, I don't know what features were carried over from the original program. Is there software upsampling or the Advanced Parameters (Steepness, Pre-ringing and the like) in the Windows version and, if not, then are they supposed to be added in the future?

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

12 minutes ago, rruffin said:

I am a Mac user, but have been telling my Windows friends for years about the joys of Audirvana. Since I do not have access for a Windows 10 computer, I don't know what features were carried over from the original program. Is there software upsampling or the Advanced Parameters (Steepness, Pre-ringing and the like) in the Windows version and, if not, then are they supposed to be added in the future?

Yes there are, but I read there are some differences....

ZbzthFv.jpg