IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

On 7/19/2018 at 6:09 AM, damien78 said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Following it, I've now implemented the save scroll position feature so that when going back to a local playlist/local library, it directly scrolls to the position you were before. This will be in the next release.

Regarding the specific issue you're mentioning, is it for local library Artists (you start with the Artists page with Library selected)?

I don't have this issue here. It always goes back to the artist's albums...

Damien

Here is clarification on the issues I am experiencing. 

I only have local media connected...Tidal is disconnected for this experimentation.  I will use Thelonious Monk as an example because it is way down and is a real hassle to have to keep scrolling down every time I use the back button.

Library > Artists Tab > Artist Albums > Album (ex. Solo Monk) > Back Button > I am now back to the top of the Artist Page.  I now have to scroll all the way down to get back to the same Artist position (Thelonious Monk).

Next scenario on Artist Tab

Library > Artist Tab > Artist Albums > Back Button > Now all the way back to the top of the Artists list.....I now have to scroll back down to Thelonious Monk and start over.  I would have rather been taken back to the same position in the Artists Albums list....not all the way to the top of the Artists list.

Scenario for Album Tab

Library > Albums Tab > Albums > Open (Yes - Fragile) > Back Button > Now I am back to the top of the Albums list.  To look at a different version of the Yes - Fragile albums I own, I have to scroll all the way back down.  I would like to back out of the Tracks list for the particular Yes - Fragile album to the same position I was in the Albums list, not the top of the Albums list.

I am noticing another issue.  In the Library section in settings, I have the Re-scan folders for changes at every start Button unchecked.  So I don't want to re-scan unless I initiate it.  Every time I open the A+ app, it is automatically re-scanning my files.  It makes the app unusable for more than 5 minutes as it re-scans my large amount of files.  The odd thing I have noted is that it is only re-scanning the second folder I initially pointed A+ to.  I have two monitored folders; Music w/35K files and Music Level 2 w/74K files.  It re-scans Music Level 2 every time I open the app....not the first folder in the list.  It does not re-scan the first monitored folder.  The two folders are in the same USB 3.1 Startech enclosure on the same 6TB WD Red HDD.

I tried to outsmart the app by adding a third monitored folder that had no music so that maybe the last folder was getting re-scanned for some reason.  But when I open A+ again, it goes back to re-scanning the Music Level 2 folder.....second in the order of three. 

I hope that is all clear enough to be useful.

Thanks,

Christopher

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"

@Evo-No-Revo Thank you for this detailed feedback.

I've just released build 1027 that brings saving of scroll position in local library views (albums, artists, tracks). You will want to test this…

On the synching too often: where is this Music Level 2 folder located? Does it contain files that change often? Like a temp folder?

Please note the AudirvanaPlusDatabasev2.sqlite file should not be inside such a synched folder, otherwise it'd trigger syncs all the time, as it is written to very often.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

19 hours ago, damien78 said:

On the synching too often: where is this Music Level 2 folder located? Does it contain files that change often? Like a temp folder?

Please note the AudirvanaPlusDatabasev2.sqlite file should not be inside such a synched folder, otherwise it'd trigger syncs all the time, as it is written to very often.

AudirvanaPlusDatabasev2.sqlite file is in where the program installed itself. 

C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus\AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

Music and Music Level 2 are in a separate enclosed Startech 3.1 USB-C with 2 x 3.5 WD Red HDDs.....No RAID.   E:\Music &  E:\Music Level 2

I am not sure how to tell if something is in a synced folder.  I don't believe it is.

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"
On 7/16/2018 at 10:50 PM, One and a half said:

OK, where's the command to install Audirvana totally skipping the MS runtime, since the runtime install is already on the machine and A+ can't see it's installed....

The log for the install.

'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: Install Needed
EULA for components 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 (x86 and x64)' was accepted.
Installation of components 'Visual C++ "14" Runtime Libraries (x64)' was accepted.
Copying files to temporary directory "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDDE69.tmp\"
Downloading files to "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDDE69.tmp\"
(17/07/2018 07:39:47) Downloading 'vcredist_x64\vc_redist.x64.exe' from 'https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x64.exe' to 'C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDDE69.tmp\'
Download completed at 17/07/2018 07:39:49
Downloading failed with HRESULT=-2146697208

I’m getting the same problem.  I can manually download and install vc_redist.x64.exe but running setup.exe always says the C++ libraries are required then fails to copy vc_redist.x64.exe to the tmp folder.  If I manually copy the file then click the retry button, it still fails as before.

I’ve tried running as administrator and turning off anti-virus protection but to no avail.  It looks like a permissions issue but I’m stumped for now.  Can anyone suggest a workaround?

thanks.

40 minutes ago, dsimms said:

I’m getting the same problem.  I can manually download and install vc_redist.x64.exe but running setup.exe always says the C++ libraries are required then fails to copy vc_redist.x64.exe to the tmp folder.  If I manually copy the file then click the retry button, it still fails as before.

I’ve tried running as administrator and turning off anti-virus protection but to no avail.  It looks like a permissions issue but I’m stumped for now.  Can anyone suggest a workaround?

thanks.

Yes , it does look like a permission issue are you trying on a Windows OS that isn’t Win 10 pro or home? There was a link in the beta days where the setup would install if the C++ library was already installed but that’s gone now.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

7 hours ago, One and a half said:

Yes , it does look like a permission issue are you trying on a Windows OS that isn’t Win 10 pro or home? There was a link in the beta days where the setup would install if the C++ library was already installed but that’s gone now.

Thanks for replying.  I’m running Windows 10 Home Edition with all the latest updates.  I already use Audirvana on a Mac Mini so was just curious regarding the new look on Windows.  I’ll try a few more things before contacting Audirvana directly.

First off....sorry for sounding like a jerk in some of my earlier posts.....

Anyhow, just installed again and most  of the issues I had have been fixed. Sorting is correct and Audirvana sees the whole folder/sub folders the same and sorts the way I would expect. Program is now snappy and it does not freeze whenever I close it. Database rescans are quick.

Actually, I have to give the developers props for quickly fixings these issues. This is a night and day different experience than I had three weeks ago.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Screwdriver said:

First off....sorry for sounding like a jerk in some of my earlier posts.....

Anyhow, just installed again and most  of the issues I had have been fixed. Sorting is correct and Audirvana sees the whole folder/sub folders the same and sorts the way I would expect. Program is now snappy and it does not freeze whenever I close it. Database rescans are quick.

Actually, I have to give the developers props for quickly fixings these issues. This is a night and day different experience than I had three weeks ago.

Thanks!

If it matters, to me it seemed like you were giving honest feedback.  I was in the same boat that you were - it really wasn't quite ready for prime time.  Glad to see it is progressing rapidly and thanks for giving an update.  I may have to try it again on my quest for a better player.  I still need to take some time to install on my Mac to see its long term potential.  

It's nice to see how responsive Damien is - responsiveness from the developer is certainly a factor in my decision making process.  

I guess posts have an edit window, or I would have added it to the above. ?

I notice that my 16/44 FLAC's are playing back as 24/44 as indicated in Audirvana. No resampling set, just straight out.

Anyhow, after all my complaining, looks like Audirvana will be a purchase.

Thanks for the feedbacks.

I've reproduced and fixed the warning exception message (fix will be in build 1029). Though I've had reproduced it only when clicking and dragging in the search area of the header bar.

16 bit sent as 24bit to the DAC when there is no digital signal processing is simply due to the DAC accepting only 24bit streams.

This makes no audible difference as it is like sending 1.0000000 instead of 1, and the DAC chip internally must figure it is a 16bit signal.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Given that I am currently in the middle of re-configuring my Win10 PC, Audirvana for Windows has definitely raised my interest.

I just read an article on HIFIStatement where an Audrivana configuration together with a Melco as renderer was briefly tested and I am curious as to how the connectivity of such a system could look.

As anyone tried something similiar? 

On 7/26/2018 at 1:56 AM, damien78 said:

Thanks for the feedbacks.

I've reproduced and fixed the warning exception message (fix will be in build 1029). Though I've had reproduced it only when clicking and dragging in the search area of the header bar.

16 bit sent as 24bit to the DAC when there is no digital signal processing is simply due to the DAC accepting only 24bit streams.

This makes no audible difference as it is like sending 1.0000000 instead of 1, and the DAC chip internally must figure it is a 16bit signal.

I noticed today that JRiver showed 24bit also, but it was harder to see. Turns out it is how the bit depth is set in the ASIO driver. I have the option of 16/24/32bit. If I set it to 16bit, even 24bit files then show as 16bit when playing.

Auto update of monitored folders is kinda wonky. If I add albums to my monitored folders, it goes into an update loop and takes forever to calm down and finish. If I have Audirvana closed when I add an album, open Audirvana and run a manual update, it is really quick. Also, I have a NAS that monitors the Music folder on my PC and checks hourly for changes. Even if I have not added any new music, Audirvana sees that the sync is looking at the folder and then goes into a syncing loop that takes forever. If I try and close Audirvana while in this syncing loop, it will crash. And I can not find a way to turn off auto syncing. 

New version fix DSD upsampling. 

I want to ask for an option to on the fly (which not intensive CPU usage at the begining of each song, IT  will using 50% CPU all of time playing) beside load all song into memory first (Which cause heavily 90% CPU usage at the beginning of each song, make computer lag a lot)

Another thing I want to ask if possible to force upsampling DSD64 to DSD512. It not CPU intensive like PCM 44.1 to DSD512. (I just try with HQplayer and find out it benefict to upsampling low rate DSD to high rate).

Since It an option, people can make DSD play direct without upsampling while preserver PCM upsampling.

On 7/25/2018 at 4:11 PM, dsimms said:

Thanks for replying.  I’m running Windows 10 Home Edition with all the latest updates.  I already use Audirvana on a Mac Mini so was just curious regarding the new look on Windows.  I’ll try a few more things before contacting Audirvana directly.

Any further luck? Downloaded build 1029 and still the same story. Installs on one Windows 10 OK and the other a total fizzer again, can't download the C++ file, but it's installed. 

Attached install.log perhaps @damien78 can have a look at it.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

1 hour ago, One and a half said:

Any further luck? Downloaded build 1029 and still the same story. Installs on one Windows 10 OK and the other a total fizzer again, can't download the C++ file, but it's installed. 

Attached install.log perhaps @damien78 can have a look at it.

Sent you a PM