IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

2 hours ago, Guilded said:

Damien78: When will we have the Android Remote?

I am not Damien, but I can say that I have tried to gently persuade him to retire from the prediction business.  :)  I know this is something that is anxiously awaited (and so does Damien).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

34 minutes ago, Jud said:

I am not Damien, but I can say that I have tried to gently persuade him to retire from the prediction business.  :)  I know this is something that is anxiously awaited (and so does Damien).

Thanks Jud :)

So I will only say it is currently under development.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Also, the white skin is bugged. You can't see anything written in the "Comment" tag due to the font. Also when you  pull up the tag window, there's a massive white space on the right side.

mPZaWtR.png

On the purple skin, it will say "No item selected". On the white skin, there's just a massive amount of white space and I thought the program was acting up. 

Also play counts are not working. The count just doesn't go up after listening to songs, they all stay at 0. 

Hello,

I'm using Audirvana+ version 1.1.1(Build 1033) on Windows 10. 

When playing a SINGLE DSD file (e.g., DSD64 or DSD128) that has NO follower in the current play list
Audirvana+ will create a "PLOPP PLOPP!", i.e. two times an electrical click just after the title has finished.

It really sounds like I would have created an eletrical spark two times, e.g., by using an equipment that is not fully electrically shielded. That's not good for my loudspeakers ☹️

Definitively it has been created by the Audirvana+ software. It is NOT something produced by a somehow corrupted DSD file and it is not created when playing the DSD file with JRiver software.

I think this is a bug in Audirvana. 

8 hours ago, KlausB said:

Hello,

When playing a SINGLE DSD file (e.g., DSD64 or DSD128) that has NO follower in the current play list
Audirvana+ will create a "PLOPP PLOPP!", i.e. two times an electrical click just after the title has finished.

It really sounds like I would have created an eletrical spark two times, e.g., by using an equipment that is not fully electrically shielded. That's not good for my loudspeakers ☹️

Definitively it has been created by the Audirvana+ software. It is NOT something produced by a somehow corrupted DSD file and it is not created when playing the DSD file with JRiver software.

I think this is a bug in Audirvana. 

Same thing on MAC version too for me... i posted that there, some reply too and recorded their bad noise :)

just happening when queing DSD track with PCM in play queue or adding tracks on remote iphone app.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/35034-audirvana-31/?do=findComment&comment=861006

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

2 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Same thing on MAC version too for me... i posted that there, some reply too and recorded their bad noise :)

just happening when queing DSD track with PCM in play queue or adding tracks on remote iphone app.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/35034-audirvana-31/?do=findComment&comment=861006

@RunHomeSlow

You are rigth: On Windows just as on MAC this "loud click 2 times" appears not only when playing a single DSD file without followers in a play queue, it happens all the time when changing from DSD to PCM in a playlist. Having DSD files only in a queue it just happens after the last title has been played. If I have only one DSD file in my current playlist it will happen just after the song has finished.

2 hours ago, artyom_k said:

Hello, it seems that there is no ability to do navigation through the folder structure of music collection? Only "tag" principle?

Tell me if there is an option to set the sorting: album artist - the year of the album - album title - the release of the album?

I have Audirvana+ version 1.1.1and there is NO folder navigation right now. Therefore I'm using JRiver MC 24 and Audirvana+ in parallel to manage my 940 albums/5520 tracks.
JRiver has a fantastic GUI with every kind of navigation you may imagine (folder structure and tagging including genre, different UI skins, ...). But, Audirvana+ definitely produces the better sound!

13 minutes ago, KlausB said:

I have Audirvana+ version 1.1.1and there is NO folder navigation right now. Therefore I'm using JRiver MC 24 and Audirvana+ in parallel to manage my 940 albums/5520 tracks.
JRiver has a fantastic GUI with every kind of navigation you may imagine (folder structure and tagging including genre, different UI skins, ...). But, Audirvana+ definitely produces the better sound!

Thank you very much for the reply!

I also have JRMC 24 and just try to find out if it possible to use the only one app for managing and playing files.

2 hours ago, Screwdriver said:

I was having DSD to PCM click/pop issues with a Schiit DAC....It had to do with sample/rez changes from file to file. When I changed to a new DAC that stopped. Now I have zero pops etc when playing any file type or changing sample rates etc.

I have a brand-new DAC from Matrix Audio with native DSD support and I'm using the same Matrix ASIO driver for JRiver MC 24 and for Audirvana+. With Audirvana I have the 2 click/pop issue described, with JRiver using its DSD support all DSD files and DSD/PCM switches in a playlist are played without any problems...

Anyhow, changing the DAC (especially with due regard to native DSD support) can be quite an expensive action ☺️

10 hours ago, artyom_k said:

Thank you very much for the reply!

I also have JRMC 24 and just try to find out if it possible to use the only one app for managing and playing files.

That depends on your preferences and listening habits. You will not find a meta app that acts as a new layer above JRiver MC AND Audirvana+. So, if you are not fully satisfied with the sound that JRiver can create you (and I guess many people more) will have to wait for Audirvana+ to reach another level of stability and feature richness. However, the Windows 10 version of Audirvana has to be developed from scratch. It is not just a porting from MAC OS to another operating system. That means it will take some time and it will need some manpower/womanpower to develop and test.

Besides this I think that JRiver MC and Audirvana have completely different UI philosophies that will make it difficult to see all the features of one app appear on the other and vice versa....

@Damian

When looking at the Audirvana support side I have three sources of information: Manual, install guide and this forum.

However, because A+ just has finished its Beta phase and is selling as a product:

Did you ever think of a real bug/problem database like Bugzilla where everyone can search for known problems/bugs and report new ones with a priority level?

I know Bugzilla is mainly for developers but even users may wish to manage such issues especially in the  early phase of a product...

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, KlausB said:

Hello,

Do you use WASAPI (so DSD over PCM), or ASIO to play your DSD file ?

Some DACs have an issue with DSD over PCM where they do not their analog output when switching their DAC DSD from/to mode, thus resulting in weird transient noise. So until the DAC manufacturer fixes this, using ASIO helps.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

7 hours ago, KlausB said:

@Damian

When looking at the Audirvana support side I have three sources of information: Manual, install guide and this forum.

However, because A+ just has finished its Beta phase and is selling as a product:

Did you ever think of a real bug/problem database like Bugzilla where everyone can search for known problems/bugs and report new ones with a priority level?

I know Bugzilla is mainly for developers but even users may wish to manage such issues especially in the  early phase of a product…

I'm not sure such a developer tool is user friendly enough for most people.

That's why I have my forum on Audirvana.com for all these reports.

7 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Do you use WASAPI (so DSD over PCM), or ASIO to play your DSD file ?

Some DACs have an issue with DSD over PCM where they do not their analog output when switching their DAC DSD from/to mode, thus resulting in weird transient noise. So until the DAC manufacturer fixes this, using ASIO helps.

I have a Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro with native DSD support and I make use of its corresponding ASIO driver.

The DAC will show the current operation mode (DSD or PCM together with sample rate and bit depth). The "problem" is: when I play the same DSD file with JRiver in DSD mode there is NO such an elctrical spark two times at the end of the file. However, I would prefer Audirvana+ ?

4 minutes ago, KlausB said:

I have a Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro with native DSD support and I make use of its corresponding ASIO driver.

The DAC will show the current operation mode (DSD or PCM together with sample rate and bit depth). The "problem" is: when I play the same DSD file with JRiver in DSD mode there is NO such an elctrical spark two times at the end of the file. However, I would prefer Audirvana+ ?

Can you make a test?

Before the song ends, press pause.

Then, while paused, press stop.

Does it make the same noise ?

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, doodlepapers said:

Also, the white skin is bugged. You can't see anything written in the "Comment" tag due to the font. Also when you  pull up the tag window, there's a massive white space on the right side.

I've just released 1.2.0 that fixes this white font issue in the metadata (track, album, artist) panels.

I missed the one in "no selected one". Should have read your post before making the release… So it will be in the next one.

This 1.2.0 mainly brings the updated Qobuz curated albums lists, and playlists.

They are also available on A+ Remote that has just been updated to 1.8.1

17 hours ago, KlausB said:

I have a brand-new DAC from Matrix Audio with native DSD support and I'm using the same Matrix ASIO driver for JRiver MC 24 and for Audirvana+. With Audirvana I have the 2 click/pop issue described, with JRiver using its DSD support all DSD files and DSD/PCM switches in a playlist are played without any problems...

Anyhow, changing the DAC (especially with due regard to native DSD support) can be quite an expensive action ☺️

With the Schiit DAC, the popping happened in both JRiver MC 24 and Audirvana. I contacted Schiit and they said it was normal. 

DAC's can be programmed with firmware to enable a mute circuit if available. Schiit did not see this as an issue that they wanted to address. Doing searches for the issue when I had it, I determined it was a DAC manufacturer issue and not with the software. JRiver even has people complaining on their forums that were experiencing it and JRiver states the same. It was not their problem. JRiver does have some mute/delay options that can be added between tracks, but I could never get it to stop the popping. Until I switched DACs, I re-sampled all files to the same rate on the fly.

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

Can you make a test?

Before the song ends, press pause.

Then, while paused, press stop.

Does it make the same noise ?

I just have installed A+ 1.2.0 and then did the test proposed.

My DSD test file has 4:02 minutes playing time. If I run it without any intervention I will get the double plopp just after the song has ended. Pressing pause at time 4:01, i.e., one second before the song will finish, and then pressing the stop button terminates the song without any click/plopp in my loudsprakers!

Hope this information may help...

27 minutes ago, KlausB said:

I just have installed A+ 1.2.0 and then did the test proposed.

My DSD test file has 4:02 minutes playing time. If I run it without any intervention I will get the double plopp just after the song has ended. Pressing pause at time 4:01, i.e., one second before the song will finish, and then pressing the stop button terminates the song without any click/plopp in my loudsprakers!

Hope this information may help...

Absolutely this helps!

This tells the workaround for this DAC (and probably others) is to make a short pause before stopping playback. This'll be in next release.

I have three findings for A+ 1.2.0 (1034), both with respect to the view that presents ONE album with its titles (see attachment):

1. When adding a new colum it will not show up at once. I have to press the "BACK button" (the arrow in the upper left) and then the "FORWARD button" to see it in the album layout view. When removing a column the view will be refreshed without the need for any manual intervention.
  2. When adding more and more colums the screen width is not large enough to show all the contents. But the horizontal scrollbar that has been added by Audirvana is not "short" enough to allow for a complete scrolling. The last colum ("Speicherort" = memory location) has been cut...(see attachment screenshot 1)
  3. In some situations the horizontal scrollbar is even missing completely (see attachment 2). I guess it will appear if a vertical scrollbar is NOT necessary.

AudirvanaPlus-Windows_1.png

AudirvanaPlus-Windows_2.png

12 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Absolutely this helps!

This tells the workaround for this DAC (and probably others) is to make a short pause before stopping playback. This'll be in next release. 

If it is easy, can you do it also on Mac version... my switching noise is really not good for tweeters. Thank you.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13