IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

Hello, with build 1034 you can now play dsd with t+a dac 8 dsd using the asio driver. Upsampling to dsd512 sounds good and clear.

two pops after the music ends (a lttle bug). you must asio set to stereo (two channels). Some tweaks are possible/necessary to force the sound quality.

BR

wolft

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:25 PM, Screwdriver said:

Might be a bug....

In the small player there is no visual of where the song is in its playback. But sometimes it shows a light blue bar...but it is always the full length. Basically attached is an image showing a song around 50% in with both a bar and no bar.....

Thanks for the report. This is fixed for upcoming release. (That also brings fix for all the pop/cracks when switching to/from DSD in ASIO, along with T+A DAC 8 DSD specific playback issues fixes)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

I bought it. I read the changelog and thought that the performance would be better than the first betas. OK it was better but again very bad compared with Foobar2000 and Roon. The scan is very slow and the also the browsing. I indexed the first of my 4 disks with 65.000 tracks and it was very slow. The disk is a 3TB mechanical @ 7200RPM. When the indexing was finished I threw in a new album and it took a few minutes to read it.

I would keep it installed and watch it because I want to have alternatives. But fix the performance and the UI. It's horrible. I see the Mac version and cry. Huge buttons misplaced. I wonder if you went with UWP design for some particular reason.

And a question. Is there a folder browser? I have a temp folder for my ripped - bought music so that I can watch it and make modifications before I put the albums in their correct place.

@koupa I have a customer with 360 000+ tracks who has less than 2s response time in worst case.

So let's find out what causes the issue on your system.

What are your PC characteristics? CPU, RAM, system drive (SSD or spinning drive potentially heavily fragmented). Your music files can be stored on external spinning drives, or NAS.

There is no folder browser in the current version, though you can open the play queue, and drop files directly there for playback.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

I don't know what's going on. As I said roon and f2k are very fast. When I make a change it gets reflected almost immediately. And in roon I have the file analyzer on with full speed. 

My PC has the following specs. 

AMD phenom 955

16gb RAM

Every disk is mechanical. 

System disk Toshiba x300 3tb @7200

Download disk the same as above. 

Music disk * 2 WD green 2tb + Toshiba 1tb

In download disk I have the temp folder with the incoming music. When I make my modifications I transfer the music to their permanent position. 

Nothing has access to the disks except the antivirus. Every program sees only my documents folder in the system disk. I have to open something to access the other disks. 

Now that I have indexed the disks I can use it but it has lag. Eg I can't scroll to the middle of my library and have the artwork instant. It must load for a few seconds. 

It's my priority to buy a bigger disk. I think that I'll have better performance. But at the moment I comment on what I see. 

My library is 4tb and has almost 140.000 files. From mp3 to dsd128. 

If I add music to my folder while Audirvana is open, it appears to take awhile to update. But I think it is a bug. It is like the status bar freezes, and looks like it is still indexing when it is really finished. Sometimes just clicking on the status bar makes it disappear. Or restarting Audirvana. If I add music while Audirvana is closed and then open it, indexing completes in seconds. I have 30k in files and a fresh index takes less than 20s.

• 2 weeks later...

Streaming to a BBB with Botic5 without issue.  Can upsample to DSD 256 with low end LGA 1155 I3-3220.  No major issues...  Each update improves the functionality.  

Thinking about upgrading to a used I5.  Is the upsampling multi threaded so it would use the additional cores of an I5?

1 hour ago, Jking said:

Streaming to a BBB with Botic5 without issue.  Can upsample to DSD 256 with low end LGA 1155 I3-3220.  No major issues...  Each update improves the functionality.  

Thinking about upgrading to a used I5.  Is the upsampling multi threaded so it would use the additional cores of an I5?

Yes, it can use up to 2 cores per audio channel, plus one core for the PCM to DSD upsampling.

I've been using A+ on MAC OS for some time, but decided to try the Windows version ... a couple of observations with my usage ...

PageDown does not seem to work after a couple of pages, even though there are more albums to display ... Scroll-Down is OK, I just prefer using PageDn.

I use HighResAudio.com streaming and the display of albums in A+ (using scrollDown) in Genres/Jazz is painfully slow and Hit&Miss ... QOBUZ otoh works fine. Using HRA's own desktop app it's also fine. I have fast internet (37 mb/s).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

Hi all,

I am using T+A dac8 dsd and looking for a DSD512 upsampling solution. I just downloaded A+ for Win and found it very impressive in terms of upsampling and playback quality! Also the user interface (I tried hqplayer and have been struggling with its interface) and the optional remote control is so nice! Thanks for the great software!

I am very willing to purchase a license, with only one concern. Since my i7 computer is quite noisy during DSD512 upsampling, I wish to place it in another room. And T+A dac8 dsd is supported only with Windows for DSD 512. Could I setup a windows-based computer to serve as "audio device" under A+?

Sorry for my poor English. Thanks!

T+A DAC 8 DSD

Audirvana+ (i7-7700) DSD 512 upsampling

New user trying out the software but having some stability issues.  The goal is to use it to stream Qobuz and local music to HQPlayer Embedded via UPNP/DLNA.  The local music is stored on a Win 2012R2 server.  All wired connections are plugged into HP enterprise switch.

Setup: Dell Inspirion Laptop with i5 processor (not sure of the exact model but either it is a gen5 or gen6), with 8GB of memory, singled SSD drive with Win 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 fully patched and all the security software running.  The network connectivity is via wireless on the laptop but everything else is wired.  I will have to try wired connection later in the week.

The symptoms are non-responsive interface and occasional crash.

How do I check if Audirvana has completed scanning of the local music files?  I am wondering if the non-responsive interface is because it is still busy scanning the local music.

18 hours ago, tonileung said:

Hi all,

I am using T+A dac8 dsd and looking for a DSD512 upsampling solution. I just downloaded A+ for Win and found it very impressive in terms of upsampling and playback quality! Also the user interface (I tried hqplayer and have been struggling with its interface) and the optional remote control is so nice! Thanks for the great software!

I am very willing to purchase a license, with only one concern. Since my i7 computer is quite noisy during DSD512 upsampling, I wish to place it in another room. And T+A dac8 dsd is supported only with Windows for DSD 512. Could I setup a windows-based computer to serve as "audio device" under A+?

Sorry for my poor English. Thanks!

For this you can use a setup with a DSD512 compatible network player (UPnP/DLNA to USB) hooked to your DAC8 DSD.

There are hardware solutions, or you can build it yourself on a PC.

17 hours ago, shadowlight said:

New user trying out the software but having some stability issues.  The goal is to use it to stream Qobuz and local music to HQPlayer Embedded via UPNP/DLNA.  The local music is stored on a Win 2012R2 server.  All wired connections are plugged into HP enterprise switch.

Setup: Dell Inspirion Laptop with i5 processor (not sure of the exact model but either it is a gen5 or gen6), with 8GB of memory, singled SSD drive with Win 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 fully patched and all the security software running.  The network connectivity is via wireless on the laptop but everything else is wired.  I will have to try wired connection later in the week.

The symptoms are non-responsive interface and occasional crash.

How do I check if Audirvana has completed scanning of the local music files?  I am wondering if the non-responsive interface is because it is still busy scanning the local music.

The scanning of local music files is shown with the progress bar that is at the top of the window. When there is no more progress bar displayed, then there is no scanning in progress.

Regarding the non-responsive issue, when is this happening? Is it after having performed a specific action?

4 hours ago, damien78 said:

For this you can use a setup with a DSD512 compatible network player (UPnP/DLNA to USB) hooked to your DAC8 DSD.

There are hardware solutions, or you can build it yourself on a PC.

Thanks damien, how to build it on a PC? Thanks!

T+A DAC 8 DSD

Hi Damien,

I downloaded a demo version yesterday on my W10 Bootcamp and already purchased the W10 licence. Although I have A3+ Mac version, I wanted to use it on my W10.

However, I have a finding. I use A+ Remote but every time I connect it after rebooting W10 or boot it in the morning, A+3 Windows version shows 6 digits key to pair A+ Remote. Mac version doesn't ask to pair once it is paired. Please fix this issue.

Thank you,

Koji

I made the purchase yesterday. At first I wanted to do some more comparison, but strangely it said my trial is no longer valid (I installed A+ during the weekend and thus by no means the 15-day trial period would be over). Maybe it read my mind that I am going to buy it sooner or later so it urged me to do so last night. :P

And together with the A+ IOS remote control app it makes quite an excellent solution for sound quality and user friendliness. Upsampling to DSD 512 is just wonderful. The remote control app works flawlessly!

The only remaining task for me is to figure out how to set a pc to be an UPnP/DLNA device in order to move the noisy upsampling computer to another room. (And also the long hard work of ripping my CDs)

T+A DAC 8 DSD

Listening to the trial right now and the thing sounds amazing. less grain than all the other media players Ive tried on windows with my ifi nano idsd BL but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE support Album art from files in the folder on the library window. I can only see art from embedded files in the window and the mini mode of the player and small thimbnail at the bottom. Nothing on the library from these files that are not embedded with the art. It takes too much space to embed every single song with album art when I like my art high quality (at least 800x800).

EDIT: The art issue is the only thing keeping me from buying it right now.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:39 AM, Koji said:

Hi Damien,

I downloaded a demo version yesterday on my W10 Bootcamp and already purchased the W10 licence. Although I have A3+ Mac version, I wanted to use it on my W10.

However, I have a finding. I use A+ Remote but every time I connect it after rebooting W10 or boot it in the morning, A+3 Windows version shows 6 digits key to pair A+ Remote. Mac version doesn't ask to pair once it is paired. Please fix this issue.

Thank you,

Koji

Hi Damien,

This is a self reply on my previous post. Today A+ asked me to enter the licence code again although I registered it yesterday.... I thought it might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling A+ and I did it.

Since that, my A+ Remote issue seems fixed, although I need to check it tomorrow again. Hoping the license code issue also got solved too.

Thank you,

Koji

On 10/9/2018 at 3:51 AM, damien78 said:

The scanning of local music files is shown with the progress bar that is at the top of the window. When there is no more progress bar displayed, then there is no scanning in progress.

Regarding the non-responsive issue, when is this happening? Is it after having performed a specific action?

Thx Damien.  I have mostly noticed that when trying to scroll up and down with the bar on the right.  Also, the album covers take a while show up under Qobuz (inconsistent behavior) and today I have a two crashes which generated the dmp file.  Please let me know if I you would like to review the dmp file. 

Couple of usage question:

1. Can you expand the now playing window that is at the bottom so you can see what is being played from bit further (I have not gotten around to getting the remote app yet)
  2. Does the remote app available for both iOS and Android?  Are there any restriction on version of iOS or Android?  My iPad is running version 9.x which is the latest one it supports, while the Android one is running 6.x

Hi Damien,

I noticed Audirana windows has an issue during playing Qobuz streaming.   From time to time when it plays towards the end of a track, it pauses for 3 to 5 seconds, sometimes it can proceed to next track. Sometimes it just repeats the same track from the beginning.

This problem happened since very early release, I was hoping it will get fixed in the subsequent bug fix releases but it is still there in the latest build (version 1.2.5 build 1043).  Could you please have a look.

Thank you.

Kevin

2018/10/13 23:06:09 clHQPlayerEngine::Execute(): clStreamReaderHTTP::Read(): read max loop" mean?

Got that while streaming from Audirvana to HQPe.

8 hours ago, Miska said:

Sender is sending too small pieces at once or very slowly. It is sanity check that HQPlayer doesn't end up burning a lot of CPU time busy-looping on the network receive function, so it gives up trying to get enough data fast enough.

Is that A+ on macOS? Because I have never seen that before on A+ context.

I am not sure if this is similar to what @kevint reports.  I had that happened twice last night when streaming a Qobuz playlist.

Everything is wired via HP enterprise gigabit switch and the Internet connection is Fios Gigabit setup.