IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Are you able to play music without HQPlayer ?

I can play through Roon without HQPe. But HQPe wasn't working before when it did recognize uRendu and my dac. It still doesn't work now that it only shows "current " for the device.

On 8/6/2018 at 4:48 PM, mtcs said:

I can play through Roon without HQPe. But HQPe wasn't working before when it did recognize uRendu and my dac. It still doesn't work now that it only shows "current " for the device.

Have you chosen HQPlayer in MicroRendu ?

1CD5D38E-D1D2-454D-BC37-A8E9F54D9DA3.jpeg

Hi all, is anyone using Roon + HQP Embedded on the sonicTransporter and having issues with Tidal?

I am getting the 1st track of Tidal albums skipping very regularly - sonicT i7.

HQP is doing only 2s filters poly-sinc filters. The problem is still there even with HQP off and using Roon only. 

It's hard wired Cat 6 ethernet from router to sonicTransporter i7 to microRendu in one setup and All DigiOne (limited to PCM192kHz) in another. Both have the same issues.

We have had this issue for months but never reported it because we thought it was our ~5Mbps ADSL2 connection... now we've got a ~45Mbps connection in the area with a ping of 4ms and still having the same issue.

Today we replaced the ISP modem/router with an Asus and configured for Google DNS. Still having the same issues.

Anyone else seen this Tidal album 1st track skipping issue?

Another observation is when the sonicT i7 is first booted and Roon is loaded we get a Tidal error message "failed to connect" and the option to retry or edit Tidal login details. When we hit retry it then connects. 

It happens and not just with 1st track, even if HQP is not engaged. I just press the track again. I always thought it was related to the net. I am using STi5 and uR. The Tidal message also shows up... ?

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

11 minutes ago, soares said:

It happens and not just with 1st track, even if HQP is not engaged. I just press the track again. I always thought it was related to the net. I am using STi5 and uR.

Yes !!

Mostly with the 1st track for me but sometimes later tracks too.

I have to do the same as you (hit play on the album again).

And I also found it's not just with HQP engaged too i.e. it happens with Roon only playing. So it's independant of HQP Embedded.

We now have rock solid fiber net (just arrived to the area) and I've monitored closely, there's no dropouts and ping is ~5ms, connection speed ~45-47Mbps.

Tidal app on Mac and iPhone have no issues playing all the same albums - no skipping at all on the same home network. So it's not a Tidal connection issue. It's very specific to the sonicTransporter with Roon Server + Tidal.

@vortecjr can you please discuss with @agillis

@Em2016 to identify the potential issue can you run a test where you are replacing one component at a time to isolate the culprit.  Try sending the Tidal stream directly from phone/tablet over to HQPe running on SGC device using mConnect or BubbleUPnP on Android devices.  At least that will identify if Roon / Tidal interaction is the problem.

You have already ruled out HQPe being the problem based on your statement about having the same issue with just Roon/Tidal in the mix.

I do not have Roon or Tidal or SGC system but when I did have Tidal I used both mConnect and BubbleUPnP to send stream to HQPe and did not have any problems unless my DAC and NAA lost connectivity.  You do not have that issue so in my opinion it comes down to how Roon/Tidal is doing the initial setup and there seems to be some timing issue that you are running into.

@Em2016

414DE76E-BC31-48E2-BAC5-848A861F8FC7.jpeg

Resync Delay

This setting is primarily used when an S/PDIF, AES, or I2S connection is involved. Oftentimes, a DAC will take a little bit of time to lock onto a new audio signal--sometimes as long as a few seconds. 

This setting causes Roon to play a configurable duration of silence whenever it begins a new stream. Like the last setting, this one is a problem solver. If you find that the beginnings of songs are being cut off, or you're getting a lot of clicks and pops while your DAC locks on to an S/PDIF signal at the start of playback, try increasing this setting. 500ms is a good starting point. If that doesn't work, try gradually increasing it from there.

We default this to a very small value because it produces delays in Roon's user experience. Consider that when setting it up--unless you have an uncommonly slow DAC, settings longer than 1-2 seconds are probably not necessary.

14 hours ago, shadowlight said:

@Em2016 to identify the potential issue can you run a test where you are replacing one component at a time to isolate the culprit.  Try sending the Tidal stream directly from phone/tablet over to HQPe running on SGC device using mConnect or BubbleUPnP on Android devices.  At least that will identify if Roon / Tidal interaction is the problem.

You have already ruled out HQPe being the problem based on your statement about having the same issue with just Roon/Tidal in the mix.

Hi shadowlight

Even better, I just tested Roon Server + Tidal on an iMac, on the same network, playing to HQP Embedded on the sonicT i7 and it all works fine - and there's no skipping.

There's something funky happening with Roon Server + Tidal on the sonicTransporter. It's independant of HQ Player Embedded.

Someone on the Roon forum has also mentioned he's had this issue for a long time and thought it was normal...

It's definitely not normal.

2 hours ago, Em2016 said:

That's not a setting option with a HQP zone in Roon...  for other zone types it is.

I've isolated the issue to Roon Server on the sonicT i7 - as Roon on an iMac on the same network has zero issues with Tidal skipping.

Here is what you can do. Reboot server and endpoint. Then repeat the issue and go to Apps / RoonReady on the Rendu and generate a log. Then post the log in the Roon forum support can look into the issue. 

22 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Here is what you can do. Reboot server and endpoint. Then repeat the issue and go to Apps / RoonReady on the Rendu and generate a log. Then post the log in the Roon forum support can look into the issue. 

Thanks JR. Will that log only be for the Rendu activities, or for both Rendu + Roon Server?

5 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Hi shadowlight

Even better, I just tested Roon Server + Tidal on an iMac, on the same network, playing to HQP Embedded on the sonicT i7 and it all works fine - and there's no skipping.

There's something funky happening with Roon Server + Tidal on the sonicTransporter. It's independant of HQ Player Embedded.

Someone on the Roon forum has also mentioned he's had this issue for a long time and thought it was normal...

It's definitely not normal.

I also thought ot was normal, so I never asked for support... :-). Thank you for your efforts and interest. I am currently on vacation, so I am afraid I can not help you guys with the trials. 

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

10 hours ago, Em2016 said:

I've isolated the issue to Roon Server on the sonicT i7 - as Roon on an iMac on the same network has zero issues with Tidal skipping.

So Roon without HQPlayer on the i7 will also create same problem ?

How about backup Roon. And totally deleting everything on that i7 ?

(reinstalling Roon)

This is a very long shoot, but would different ethernet cables change anything ?

10 hours ago, Em2016 said:

That's not a setting option with a HQP zone in Roon...  for other zone types it is.

Just out of curiosity... are you getting support from Andrew @ Small Green Computers for this issue? The OS on the SonicT i7 is Linux, right? Do you have Linux installed on your iMac or OSX?

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

3 hours ago, gsquared said:

Just out of curiosity... are you getting support from Andrew @ Small Green Computers for this issue? The OS on the SonicT i7 is Linux, right? Do you have Linux installed on your iMac or OSX?

I already tagged @agillis further up and asked @vortecjr to speak with him. This is the right thread for sonicTransporter + HQP Embedded users to share experiences with each other.

I haven’t received a reply from Andrew but Jesus says it’s a Roon Server issue and it needs to be reported to Roon.

The sonicTransporter runs sonicOrbiter OS (based on Fedora).

The iMac runs Roon Server on Mac OS.

Playing from Roon Server on the iMac to the sonicTransporter’s HQPe has no issues with Tidal at all.

Roon Server + HQPe BOTH on the sonicT i7 has long had Tidal track skipping issues, as a couple others have now shared (on the Roon forum too).

I’ll follow JR’s recommendation and ask Roon to look at the Roon Server logs.

4 hours ago, R1200CL said:

This is a very long shoot, but would different ethernet cables change anything ?

Nope it wouldn't change anything because as mentioned:

#1: sonicT i7 (Roon Server alone AND Roon+HQPe) --> microRendu (NAA) has problems - Tidal tracks skip in Roon...

#2: iMac (Roon Server app) --> sonicT i7 (HQPe) ---> microRendu (NAA) works fine... no skipping, flawless Roon experience. This is how the Roon+Tidal experience should be on the sonicTransporter i7.

If there were networking issues or Tidal services issues, then #2 would have problems... but #2 is flawless.

From #2 above, HQPe has been eliminated as the issue and internet connectivity (~45Mbps fiber connection) and Tidal services in general has been eliminated as the issue.

It's specifically Roon Server on the sonicTransporter i7 causing issues.

Hopefully Roon or SGC can help fix it, otherwise I'll just add a ROCK'ed NUCi7 for Roon OS duties and use the sonicT i7 only for HQP Embedded.

29 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

It's specifically Roon Server on the sonicTransporter i7 causing issues.

Have you tried to totally delete the Roon installation ?

You may access the Roon folders as well and delete manually in addition.

Can be done from a Windows PC (or Mac). 

22 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Have you tried to totally delete the Roon installation ?

You may access the Roon folders as well and delete manually in addition.

Can be done from a Windows PC (or Mac). 

I already removed it , while we use the iMac temporarily as Roon Core.

I’m already in contact with Roon support so I will need to re-install it for them to look at the logs on the sonicT i7

If that re-install fixes the issue great and I’ll update here and on Roon.

if not, things are in motion with Roon support to hopefully find the issue.

7 hours ago, Em2016 said:

I already tagged @agillis further up and asked @vortecjr to speak with him. This is the right thread for sonicTransporter + HQP Embedded users to share experiences with each other.

I haven’t received a reply from Andrew but Jesus says it’s a Roon Server issue and it needs to be reported to Roon.

The sonicTransporter runs sonicOrbiter OS (based on Fedora).

The iMac runs Roon Server on Mac OS.

Playing from Roon Server on the iMac to the sonicTransporter’s HQPe has no issues with Tidal at all.

Roon Server + HQPe BOTH on the sonicT i7 has long had Tidal track skipping issues, as a couple others have now shared (on the Roon forum too).

I’ll follow JR’s recommendation and ask Roon to look at the Roon Server logs.

Thank you for sharing your experience in this thread. I was asking because I have sonicTransporter (original version) and Andrew has provided great support for me - even remotely logging into solve issues. I’m considering upgrading the sonicTransporter i7, so sharing your experiences with it including hiccups you are experiencing is very helpful!

I wonder if these track skipping issues are present on any other OS or if it’s isolated to Linux/Fedora. I run Roon and Tidal on my SonicTransporter that also runs sonicOrbiter OS without any track skipping. I run HQP on a Mac Min running Windows 10 and it works flawlessly. 

Hopefully the folks in the Roon community can give you some insights or walk you though some ways to troubleshoot it.

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

14 minutes ago, gsquared said:

Thank you for sharing your experience in this thread. I was asking because I have sonicTransporter (original version) and Andrew has provided great support for me - even remotely logging into solve issues. I’m considering upgrading the sonicTransporter i7, so sharing your experiences with it including hiccups you are experiencing is very helpful!

I wonder if these track skipping issues are present on any other OS or if it’s isolated to Linux/Fedora. I run Roon and Tidal on my SonicTransporter that also runs sonicOrbiter OS without any track skipping. I run HQP on a Mac Min running Windows 10 and it works flawlessly. 

Hopefully the folks in the Roon community can give you some insights or walk you though some ways to troubleshoot it.

Agree, Andrew's support has always been fantastic to me. 1st class. I've posted about that earlier in this thread and all over the Roon forum (which probably contributed to a few sales ? ).

Roon support is 1st class too. Sonore also. All 1st class.

The hope is that one of them find the issue.

Otherwise I'll just add a ROCK'ed NUC i7 for Roon OS duties and leave the sonicT i7 for HQP Embedded duties. I know the 2-box solution works fine but the preference is to just have the single box, as everyone would hope.

If luck is on my side then when I re-install Roon Server later tonight on the sonicT i7 (in preparation for sending Roon the logs) the problem disappears ? A clean install of Roon Server on the sonicT i7 is the only thing I haven't tried yet but will be done tonight.