IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

1 hour ago, MM said:

For those of us that already own a ST i7 (Windows version) is there any way in which it can be converted to running Sonicorbiter OS instead?   Would love to have the option to leave Windows behind..  I would happily pay for the software (including HQ Player embedded).

Email Andrew. 

If you’re lucky, he email you a new SSD. If not, you need to ship the unit to Sonore. 

17 hours ago, MM said:

For those of us that already own a ST i7 (Windows version) is there any way in which it can be converted to running Sonicorbiter OS instead?   Would love to have the option to leave Windows behind..  I would happily pay for the software (including HQ Player embedded).

You need to ship it to SGC where Andrew will install Sonicorbiter OS for you. 

Hi @vortecjr

I just did a clean install of both HQP Embedded (on sonicT i7) and NAA (ultraRendu)

When you go to available updates, the version numbers shown as available don't match up with version numbers that end up being installed, for both HQP Embedded and NAA.

I can't screenshot to show you because I'd need to delete the apps again and don't want to delete again.

Can you ask @agillis to update the version numbers so they match.

Also, any idea when the latest updates will reach the sonicT i7 and Rendu's?

20 hours ago, agillis said:

The latest version of both HQPlayer Embedded server and NAA are available. 

You need to go to sonicoribter.com and click manage next to your device then apps -> software manager and press the upgrade button.

You need to do this for both the player and server.

There was no update for NAA on the microRendu (2.6) for me.

sonicT i7 did update HQPe fine.

I m upsampling to DSD256 with 

1 flac files with xtr-2 filters, ok

2 dsd64 files with xtr non -2 filter, ok

3 flac with xtr non -2, not okay. keep lagging

When I check the cpu, the average usage are similar, merely 30%, but 3 has a spike in individual cpu usage, causing troubles. Is it solvable? Hopefully STi7 can use non -2 xtr for all source in DSD256.

Thanks you!

A5FB1A99-B2D6-4E26-BD9C-00ABA728CCC5.thumb.png.371716b835eb572ffee4b6e82c22aacf.png8F798BE9-DAE7-4B67-8516-E487F594295D.thumb.png.a077e3135ee6050191646f2fdb5c7b83.png7EA16491-FDB5-4B25-BE1D-D10A3418D83C.thumb.png.37773b635bf8540da42d4acf870bd5d8.png

1 hour ago, simplythere said:

I m upsampling to DSD256 with 

1 flac files with xtr-2 filters, ok

2 dsd64 files with xtr non -2 filter, ok

3 flac with xtr non -2, not okay. keep lagging

When I check the cpu, the average usage are similar, merely 30%, but 3 has a spike in individual cpu usage, causing troubles. Is it solvable? Hopefully STi7 can use non -2 xtr for all source in DSD256.

Thanks you!

Please confirm for Andrew that you have updated both server and renderer by pressing update and rebooting the units. Also, confirm what gear you have and software version each unit is running.  

I have updated both sti7 and urendu 

now i got things working with suggestion from a friend. I upsampling flac to pcm and dsd to dsd. This way, I can use xtr non -2 on both case. But I can't upsampling flac to Dsd 256 with non -2 xtr filter

Netgear nighthawk router

Synology 918+

STI7 bridged UltraRendu 

Lampizator Atlantic plus 

Tried reboots. Still keep popping. I just want to know if STi7 is powerful enough.

poly sinc xtr lp, poly sinc xtr lp, dsd7, not dop for SDM.

Dsd256 is good on DOP, as long as your dac dac is capable of dsd512.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

My dac is only capable on doing dsd256 AND I want to use the DSD processing of the DAC.

I can use the umsampling to PCM 384 of my dac with XTR non -2 as shown above. And I can use upsample DSD 64 to DSD256 without problem too. The only not-working situation is upsampling flac(PCM) with XTR non-2 to DSD 256(not dop). But when I check the cpu usage, it is merely 30% but with some of the cpu having 99% workload causing the issue. 

So I wonder if its a hardware limitation or a solvable/unsolvable software issue of the STi7. I am not good at computer hardware. I just wish other cores of the CPU can help the job so that none of them are reaching 99% level, causing the problem.

15 hours ago, simplythere said:

But when I check the cpu usage, it is merely 30% but with some of the cpu having 99% workload causing the issue. 

So I wonder if its a hardware limitation or a solvable/unsolvable software issue of the STi7. I am not good at computer hardware. I just wish other cores of the CPU can help the job so that none of them are reaching 99% level, causing the problem

Starting with latest hqplayerd 4.2.0, Andrew can try to tune by adjusting multicore="1" instead of multicore="auto". This will force more work to all cores. But note that since i7 is HyperThreading model, it has twice the number of virtual cores compared to real physical cores. HQPlayer doesn't attempt to put work on those virtual siblings, because they cannot do any real work, but help the OS on context switching.

This may have positive or negative impact on performance depending on hardware. It really needs to be tested case by case.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

21 minutes ago, Miska said:

This may have positive or negative impact on performance depending on hardware. It really needs to be tested case by case.

Hopefully @vortecjr and @agillis now have a DSD512 DAC in hand to test before msking any such change.

Everything is working great at my end with all DSD512 non-2s filters. I hope a change doesn’t break things..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. 

Andrew has upgraded my STi7 to the Sonic Orbiter OS (from Windows).  I’m upsampling everything to DSD512 (using the -2s xtr filter) with HQ Player Embedded.  It’s absolutely rock solid and noticeably less noise than the Windows based system (no random pops or whistles).

Getting it up and running is a bit fiddly (if only because the software is not what I am used to) but once everything is set it really is much simpler to use than the old Windows version.  Operation couldn’t be easier with no need to mess around with Audiophile Optimizer, the remote access app, network settings, logging in at start up, random glitches etc.  It just works.  Only problem is I have got less to fiddle with!  

To be fair to SGC they never advertised the Windows version for sale for these very reasons and I still enjoyed the old set up.  However the new system is a real step forward.  HQ Player Embedded is expensive yes but when you look at the sound quality it delivers with the STi7 and the fact that there really are no turnkey options available in the market with similar performance for less than USD25k it really is good value.    

Thanks

4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Noted but as mentioned I have another machine running the same HQP Embedded version - and mConnect player can play direct to the machine via UPnP.

For some reason the sonicT i7 running the same version of HQP Embedded isn’t seen by mConnect Player.

Would there be any technical reason @Miska ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running HQPe/Roon  on an SGC i7. When I went on vacation, I powered down and unplugged my system. I just lowered up and get a message that the transport can't connect to HQPlayer. I tried: rebooting, restarting the apps, removed th hqplayer zone and set up a new one. Nothing works. Roon and hqplayer are set up to run on local host. Roon does play directly to ultralrendu without hip. Any ideas? Thanks.

On 8/3/2018 at 5:12 AM, vortecjr said:

The only thing that comes to mind is that you have to go back into the configuration for HQ Player embedded and select the NAA device you are streaming to. 

Thanks. HQPe showed the correct device and I couldn't change it. However, tried a number of fixes including uninstalling and re-installing HQPe. Now the device shows as "current" rather than "Auralic Vega/Ultrarendu" as before. The are no specific device options showing. Is that a problem?