@OldBigEars Thank-you ... I'll check out that thread ... and for the suggestion. I thought that control in A+ was for track buffering purposes rather than playback. I had thought it was an electrical problem, following on from Mike Moffats post some time ago ... but I'll give it a go as you suggest.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

5 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

That review is spot on. I found the Eitr by itself to be as good or better than the LPS1/ISO Regen/Singxer F-1 combination. That’s $179 versus ~$800. 

Did you notice an improvement when adding a lps1/iso regen or the singxer to the eitr?

In my system the eitr made a huge step forward too. Adding the regen made it a bit better, more air and sparkle.  Thinking about upgrading the regen to the iso regen/lps1

17 minutes ago, Lebouwsky said:

Did you notice an improvement when adding a lps1/iso regen or the singxer to the eitr?

In my system the eitr made a huge step forward too. Adding the regen made it a bit better, more air and sparkle.  Thinking about upgrading the regen to the iso regen/lps1

Hi Lebouwsky, What is your source? microRendu, sMS-200, computer? Sorry if I missed it, I have read many of your posts but I don't recall.

32 minutes ago, Lebouwsky said:

There is no way I am going to get into the decrapifier for the decrapifier game. It's not worth the cost or complexity.

9 minutes ago, pas said:

Hi Lebouwsky, What is your source? microRendu, sMS-200, computer? Sorry if I missed it, I have read many of your posts but I don't recall.

No worries. My server is a Windows 10 machine running hq player. My renderer is a Sotm sms200, which can be adopted as an NAA (network audio adapter) in the hqplayer software. 

If this is Spanish to you and you're interested, feel free to PM me.

You can check ones profile by the way to see if he or she gives detailed info about its setup. I believe it's in the drop down box 'activity'. You can find mine there, although I do need to update it.

6 minutes ago, pas said:

I just looked up your system. I have both the microRendu and sMS-200 (LPS-1) feeding the IsoRegen (LPS-1) which in turn is feeding the Eitr. Coax out of the Eitr into the iFi SPDIF iPurifier (LPS-1) into the Modi Multibit. This setup is yielding fantastic results. Digital glare is not noticeable and the system sounds intimate and clean. Music is appearing from a black hole and the soundstage is huge. I would definitely recommend adding the IsoRegen/LPS-1 combo to your system. This is my version of the galvanically isolated spaghetti chain, very satisfying.

2 minutes ago, pas said:

I just looked up your system. I have both the microRendu and sMS-200 (LPS-1) feeding the IsoRegen (LPS-1) which in turn is feeding the Eitr. Coax out of the Eitr into the iFi SPDIF iPurifier (LPS-1) into the Modi Multibit. This setup is yielding fantastic results. Digital glare is not noticeable and the system sounds intimate and clean. Music is appearing from a black hole and the soundstage is huge. I would definitely recommend adding the IsoRegen/LPS-1 combo to your system. This is my version of the galvanically isolated spaghetti chain, very satisfying.

Thank you for your advice @pas. Never heard of the spdif purifier. What did it do to your system?

23 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

You would not need the ifi SPDIF iPurifier unless the Eitr puts puts out a crappy signal. You are adding another SMPS to the system which is not likely necessary.

I think the quality of a DAC's SPDIF input has something to do with whether an iPurifier helps or hurts.

Like @pas, I think the iPurifier helps with a Modi Multibit.  But I think the iPurifier makes things worse with a Yggdrasil.

I have my iPurifier powered by an inexpensive 5v linear supply (rather than an SMPS).

I really like the Eitr, by the way...  USPCB too...

8 minutes ago, clipper said:

I think the quality of a DAC's SPDIF input has something to do with whether an iPurifier helps or hurts.

Like @pas, I think the iPurifier helps with a Modi Multibit.  But I think the iPurifier makes things worse with a Yggdrasil.

I have my iPurifier powered by an inexpensive 5v linear supply (rather than an SMPS).

I really like the Eitr, by the way...  USPCB too...

You've got a point there. Since the technologie comes from AMR and I own an AMR dac, I'll probably not invest in it, but would love to try though. @Speed Racer you've got a point too, with this device you'll add another power supply. I'm already using 4, which is quite enough.

Speaking of which, is there already more info about feeding the Eitr with a quality power supply? And does it really need exactly 6v?

Just ordered the 2 uspcb' @pas and @clipper, really looking forward to it and wil report back

@Lebouwsky Thank-you for the link about the DDC comparisons. That resolves it in my mind !!

Regarding your comment about feeding the EITR with a different PS, Schiit strongly advises against that in the manual.

As I mentioned before, addressing your mains supply, either with a Balanced Power Supply or an Isolating Transformer would most likely give you the best results for ALL your audio equipment in one go.

I also agree with @Speed Racer about SMPS ... I have done various experiments in placing these and the results have been both surprising and worthwhile. I now have the perfect placement in my setup and I'll post my experience in a little more detail soon.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

16 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Careful, that's 6V AC not DC.  Schiit provides just an AC>AC step-down transformer and puts the rectifier diodes on the PCBs of their devices.  So there really is no upgrading of the power supply externally because it is just a trasformer.

how about a good R.Core 110/220v-6v

1 hour ago, pas said:

It is galvanically isolating and reclocking, similar to the popular ultra-trifecta.

The UpTone Audio LPS-1 took the iFi S/PDIF iPurifier to a whole different level. The soundstage and detail retrieval (due to lack of noise) was amazing and shocking. The positive comments and reviews I read did not prepare me for the quality I heard. I originally powered it with the iPower 5V (which ships with it) and it sounded good, now it sounds great.

@pas Interesting, although I suspect varying degrees of improvement might be expected depending on the quality of the S/PDIF in the first place, as @Speed Racer observed. 

I have a bit of a hate-hate relationship with the iPower PS, following my own experiments ... it will be leaving my chain very soon and I'll find something else to energise the UpTone LPS-1. >:(

1 minute ago, Charente said:

@pas Interesting, although I suspect varying degrees of improvement might be expected depending on the quality of the S/PDIF in the first place, as @Speed Racer observed. 

I have a bit of a hate-hate relationship with the iPower PS, following my own experiments ... it will be leaving my chain very soon and I'll find something else to energise the UpTone LPS-1. >:(

Agreed!

25 minutes ago, pas said:

The UpTone Audio LPS-1 took the iFi S/PDIF iPurifier to a whole different level. The soundstage and detail retrieval (due to lack of noise) was amazing and shocking. The positive comments and reviews I read did not prepare me for the quality I heard. I originally powered it with the iPower 5V (which ships with it) and it sounded good, now it sounds great.

I love the LPS-1.

I don't have one powering my iPurifier, because I already have 2 in the system (a relatively small headphone system that sits on my desk).  One LPS-1 powers the DC jack of an Allo USBridge, and the other powers an ISO REGEN.

So it's Ethernet from a computer (bridged connection) to USBridge to ISO REGEN to Eitr to Modi Multibit.  As much as I like the Eitr, I do think the ISO REGEN improves things.

I have tried powering the iPurifier with an LPS-1 (at times), and thought it was a big improvement over the iPower supply the iPurifier ships with.