Thank-you for the feedback @sahmen  I also still get the occasional clicks through the EITR>GMB and after what you say, I wonder what the difference is with the EITR versus the Gen5 upgrade that stops this. Coupled with the fact that it doesn't affect EITR with your Metrum Hex ... strange !

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have never had any clicking on my microrendu>eitr>gumby headphone system or on my ultrarendu>Gen. 5 Yggy speaker system. I do have the problem that the eitr won't play 24 bit recordings from the microrendu. Jesus has been helpful and says this is a Schiit problem. Schiit have not been answering my emails about this. I'm a bit disappointed about that.

4 minutes ago, cfisher said:

I have never had any clicking on my microrendu>eitr>gumby headphone system or on my ultrarendu>Gen. 5 Yggy speaker system. I do have the problem that the eitr won't play 24 bit recordings from the microrendu. Jesus has been helpful and says this is a Schiit problem. Schiit have not been answering my emails about this. I'm a bit disappointed about that.

I had the same issue, Schiit sent me a replacement. It has worked well since. Hope this helps.

Just now, pas said:

I had the same issue, Schiit sent me a replacement. It has worked well since. Hope this helps.

Thanks for letting me know. Jesus mentioned that other people were having the same problem. Not sure why Schiit is so unresponsive. It hasn't been my experience in the past.

Just now, cfisher said:

Thanks for letting me know. Jesus mentioned that other people were having the same problem. Not sure why Schiit is so unresponsive. It hasn't been my experience in the past.

They responded to me immediately, stay after them.

I've put up with the occasional clicks (interruptions) on my home system of EITR>GMB but while I've been away on my trip playing through a 'transportable' system (EITR>AUNE X1s) I get NO clicks whatsoever ... so, I'm not sure where the problem is now ... is it with the GMB ? Granted, it's a different electrical environment where I'm currently staying.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

@cfisher interestingly, I don't have any issues playing 24/96 thru mR>EITR>GMB on my home system or on my transportable system (no mR).

1 minute ago, Charente said:

@cfisher interestingly, I don't have any issues playing 24/96 thru mR>EITR>GMB on my home system or on my transportable system (no mR).

The strange thing is the Eitr will play 24 bit recordings when fed straight from the computer. I'm just not smart enough about any of this to track the problem down. Your clicks sound unbearable. I would try a self-install of a Gen. 5 board. I may go that route for the 24 bit recording problem if Schiit doesn't respond to my latest emails and messages.

38 minutes ago, cfisher said:

I play 24 bit recordings with no issue through my microRendu --> Eitr.  I don't think Schiit has a problem with this.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

@cfisher That is bizarre ! I have considered the GMB Gen5 self-install but I'm not sure if I can 'comfortably' do so. I've successfully delved into PC's in the past and maybe I'm being paranoid and it's actually easier than it seems !! ... dunno. You go first !! x-D

10 minutes ago, cfisher said:

The strange thing is the Eitr will play 24 bit recordings when fed straight from the computer. I'm just not smart enough about any of this to track the problem down. Your clicks sound unbearable. I would try a self-install of a Gen. 5 board. I may go that route for the 24 bit recording problem if Schiit doesn't respond to my latest emails and messages.

It might be a firmware issue with some units, mine also played 24 bit recordings (from a computer) prior to the replacement.

@pas When you say firmware issues, which units do you mean ?

8 minutes ago, Charente said:

@cfisher That is bizarre ! I have considered the GMB Gen5 self-install but I'm not sure if I can 'comfortably' do so. I've successfully delved into PC's in the past and maybe I'm being paranoid and it's actually easier than it seems !! ... dunno. You go first !! x-D

It was actually kind of fun to do the Yggy self-install on the Gen. 5 board. Gumby is a tad more complicated because of the lights on the display but everyone seems to manage. There are very good instructions over at sbaf. For the record, the extent of my electrical skills extends to inserting video cards and hard drives.

@cfisher DITTO  o.O ... THOSE lights, indeed !!  

@pas Ah, OK.... thank-you. I should contact Schiit UK and see what they say.

20 minutes ago, pas said:

On my original Eitr through the microRendu, I couldn't play any files above 16/48000. Currently with the replacement, it will play up to and including 24/192000.

This is basically what Jesus is saying (though I don't want to speak for him) that some versions of the Eitr are misidentifying the bitrates they are capable of.

23 hours ago, cfisher said:

This is basically what Jesus is saying (though I don't want to speak for him) that some versions of the Eitr are misidentifying the bitrates they are capable of.

I received an sMS-200 yesterday and it plays up to and including 24/192000 through the Eitr, FYI.

On 2017. 9. 26. at 8:10 PM, Charente said:

@sahmen  내가 가진 BPS 모델은 영국의 AirLink Transformers에서 가져온 모델입니다 ...  https://airlinktransformers.com/product/standard-balanced-power-supply-bps1502

그들의 웹 사이트에 따르면 불행히도 US Input Voltage 옵션은 없습니다. 나는 stateside가있을 것이라고 생각한다. 중요한 점은 필터 나 컨디셔닝 회로가 없어야한다는 것입니다. 아마도 누군가 미국에서 쉽게 사용할 수있는 비슷한 (또는 더 나은) 장치를 제안 할 수 있습니다.

What do you think of BPS3110S?

https://airlinktransformers.com/product/standard-balanced-power-supply-bps3110s

@sukyung This looks like an 'industrial' version of their Balanced Power Supply range with higher rating and additional protection, which my unit (BPS1502EU) does not have. If you need 3000 VA for your audio equipment (seems rather high to me for typical audio) then I imagine this unit will be every bit as good as mine. However, something in the back of my mind advises caution regarding high VA rated transformers ... perhaps someone with an EE background could also comment.

Has anyone done a comparison between the EITR and the MUTEC+3-USB ... without the (rather expensive !) Ref10 clock unit ?

6 hours ago, Charente said:

Has anyone done a comparison between the EITR and the MUTEC+3-USB ... without the (rather expensive !) Ref10 clock unit ?

Didn't our friend Torq do that comparison?  I think I remember him writing in that long thread that the Eitr was better.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, Charente said:

I've put up with the occasional clicks (interruptions) on my home system of EITR>GMB but while I've been away on my trip playing through a 'transportable' system (EITR>AUNE X1s) I get NO clicks whatsoever ... so, I'm not sure where the problem is now ... is it with the GMB ? Granted, it's a different electrical environment where I'm currently staying.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

@ Charente.  Knowing that you use A+ I'll just mention once again that I went through a spell (using A+) when I experienced the clicks you mention.  Bloody annoying, it was too.   Curing it was as simple as increasing the memory buffer in preferences - I moved the slider almost completely to the right hand side.  My MacBook has 8g memory.  No more clicks with A+.