16 hours ago, audiobomber said:

The official response is on the iFi website: https://support.ifi-audio.com/kb/faq.php?id=803. Seems reasonable to me

The power tester in question may not in the traditional sense measure noise?? I don’t understand a word of this. So the AC iPurifier draws current with a 100 Hz frequency. The injected noise demonstrated in the video is of much higher frequency. Where does that come from?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I've been following progress on the CD Transport. I wasn't aware of the price ... I didn't think that had been released yet. Pricey indeed, perhaps too pricey to simply act as an EITR replacement. But, it plays CDs as well ! 😄

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

• 1 month later...

An update

I had already retired the EITR on my main system and have also now retired my ageing MacMini (2011) which was the front-end to the system.

The MacMini has been replaced by a BlueSound Node 2i network streamer. So far it's sounding very good connected directly to the BNC input on the Gungnir MultiBit. Certainly the soundstage width and depth is improved, with better separation and layering. The convenience factor is also a big plus. Just load up a play queue with music, sit back in an armchair and enjoy without to-ing and fro-ing to a computer.

EDIT: No more USB !!

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

On 12/8/2020 at 5:23 AM, Charente said:

An update

I had already retired the EITR on my main system and have also now retired my ageing MacMini (2011) which was the front-end to the system.

The MacMini has been replaced by a BlueSound Node 2i network streamer. So far it's sounding very good connected directly to the BNC input on the Gungnir MultiBit. Certainly the soundstage width and depth is improved, with better separation and layering. The convenience factor is also a big plus. Just load up a play queue with music, sit back in an armchair and enjoy without to-ing and fro-ing to a computer.

EDIT: No more USB !!

You go coax out to BNC in?