vortecjr

Sonore ultraRendu

Rate this topic

Happy to solve this problem: 

I changed some settings in the MPD / DLNA Renderer Settings menu and saved those settings, including the name of the Player. After that I could select it in A+. Perhaps good to known for others with A+.

Good luck with the upgrade!

Gr. Jos

10 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Hi JR  (cc @JohnSwenson)

Does the ultraRendu use the exact same USB3.1 hub chip of the ISO REGEN?

Cheers

No...we use a different hub chip and a different Femto oscillator with it. The Femto oscillators is from Crystek and from the same series, but runs at a different rate.

3 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

No...we use a different hub chip and a different Femto oscillator with it. The Femto oscillators is from Crystek and from the same series, but runs at a different rate.

Thanks JR. 

On 11/28/2018 at 7:07 PM, wilbur_the_goose said:

I posted this on the Emotiva Lounge in a thread in which I sort of lambasted Rendu users.    Decided to pick an ultraRendu on Small Business Saturday with every intention of returning it.   Not gonna happen... 

I use Roon (all FLAC) and I'm feeding the USB into a very good DAC that's a part of my Emotiva XMC-1.

Here's the thread:

===========================

Mea Culpa.
Mea Culpa.
Mea Culpa.

My trial ultraRendu arrived today. It was 35F outside (1C), so I let it warm up on a table for a few hours and then installed it. Took me about 5 minutes once referenced my XMC-1 manual to remind myself where the USB input was located.

My wife and I just spent 90 minutes playing a variety of music via Roon. 

My judgement in a blind A/B test (A = Oppo-UDP203 B=ultraRendu). The ultraRendu was easy to pick out. Fuller, more "analog" sound. Not even close.
Laura's judgement: The ultraRendu. By far.

She says, "You're not sending it back, right..." As a statement, not a question :)

I was wrong. You guys were right.

Thank you for teaching a stubborn student!

The same happened with my wife. First with uRendu and then with a good LPS feeding it. The best upgrade I did in my setup.

3 hours ago, esmit said:

You have a USB powered wife?

... aaaaand that's the last time I sip my morning coffee while reading this thread.  I'm now having to clean spewed coffee off my monitor!

Well played, sir!

I do not up sampling  with Audirvana. A+ sounds better than Roon in my current setup.

So my question is how it is with the Utrarendu, because my ultrarendu is not here

Hi Jesus, I’d always thought that my macmini-ultra rendu-idsd bl dac combo was limited to dsd256 - not dsd512 - because mac os uses dop which would require a dac capable of pcm1024.

Seeing some claims otherwise, on other sites. I’m correct?

22 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

Hi Jesus, I’d always thought that my macmini-ultra rendu-idsd bl dac combo was limited to dsd256 - not dsd512 - because mac os uses dop which would require a dac capable of pcm1024.

Seeing some claims otherwise, on other sites. I’m correct?

That limitation is for local playback. When streaming some players support higher rates.

Some questions about the Ultrarendu.

Does it have a burn-in time with the LPS 1.2 and does the sound change?

Are there software updates from Sonore where the sound is improved from time to time?

Many Thanks!