IGNORED

Just got a Yggdrasil!

40 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Seriously??? I have manisandher blocked. Look at the post quoted in LarryMagoo's post that you insinuated was childish.  

You're the one making claims here. The onus is on you to post quotes or links. Complaining without supporting your point only hurts your point.  

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You're the one making claims here. The onus is on you to post quotes or links. Complaining without supporting your point only hurts your point.  

Claims? Here is the BS post:

From my time with the Yggy, Stereophile's class B rating for the Yggy is about right.

Mani.

That is the post LarryMaGoo responded to. Mani's only possible intent with that post was incendiary and childish. How can you not see that????????? Your criteria for choosing the posts that are childish is perplexing.

6 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Claims? Here is the BS post:

That is the post LarryMaGoo responded to. Mani's only possible intent with that post was incendiary and childish. How can you not see that????????? Your criteria for choosing the posts that are childish is perplexing.

That's so far from childish it's not funny. Mani gave his opinion about a product that he purchased and used for a while. You disagree with his opinion, then say so. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That's so far from childish it's not funny. Mani gave his opinion about a product that he purchased and used for a while. You disagree with his opinion, then say so. 

He had already given his opinion in the thread MULTIPLE times. Look at the timing of that post. His post was made with one purpose in mind: to piss off Yggy fans. That is why it was childish. It's amazing that you cannot see that.

I couldn't care less what his opinion is. What bothers me is the clear malice he has for the product. This is why he is blocked. He has admitted that he has no idea if any of the alleged negative data he presented has anything to do with the sound that "makes his ears bleed".

His opinion? Yeah, that's all it is......

I don't care if it audio or brain surgery...a jerk is a jerk and it is bothersome to have that crap posted. Again, that is why I have blocked him. Yet his crap still contaminates the thread. I am sure I will get to see the results of his crap posts in any other Yggy thread I get to read. I won't be the only one bothered. Which is why you should care enough to tell him that one post about his disdain for Yggy in each thread is more than enough.

Again, I had this opinion of his posts well before I EVER though I would spend more than $300 on a DAC. So you can't say I feel this way because he does not like the DAC I bought.

2 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

I don't care if it audio or brain surgery...a jerk is a jerk and it is bothersome to have that crap posted. Again, that is why I have blocked him. Yet his crap still contaminates the thread. I am sure I will get to see the results of his crap posts in any other Yggy thread I get to read. I won't be the only one bothered. Which is why you should care enough to tell him that once post about his disdain for Yggy in each thread is more than enough.

Again, I had this opinion of his posts well before I EVER though I would spend more than $300 on a DAC. So you can't say I feel this way because he does not like the DAC I bought.

Do you cry this much when you lose a race as well?

22 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

What bothers me is the clear malice he has for the product.

Why does it bother you? I love my Yggy, listening through mine very loud to Vijay Iyer's superb "Historicity" album, and my ears surely are not bleeding. I also know quite a bit about (mis)measurement professionally, so I can see through cherry picking. I've witnessed many barely contained net flame wars since before there was a proper internet. The long-understood conclusion is that some people have to "win" an argument no matter what, keeping at it until others leave the field exhausted. It's a lose-lose situation for forum admins ("censorship" vs "troll tolerance") and really worthless for anybody other than the obsessive "must win a zero stakes argument" participants. Why be one of them?

Ieranmyturns,

You operate from an incorrect position. I don't care what he thinks and I don't need to win an argument stating that Yggy is a great DAC. I am object to having to read his opinion over and over again which is why I blocked him. But that doesn't stop his crap from spilling over into the posts in the thread I can read and influencing the posts or others.

Posts intended to irritate others others "disguised" as valid "opinion" posts are a problem that CAN be controlled by moderators that choose to open their eyes and see the post and posters for what they are. I put "disguised" in quotes because the posts are only disguised to those that are fooling themselves into thinking they are valid opinion posts. To what end I have no idea.....

5 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Posts intended to irritate others others "disguised" as valid "opinion" posts are a problem that CAN be controlled by moderators that choose to open their eyes and see the post and posters for what they are.

The karma of "make your point once and well then move on" is hard to accept but a great liberation for those who achieve it.

8 hours ago, manisandher said:

It's not "bold incisiveness", it's distortion.

Mani.

What kind of distortion lets the listener hear, for the first time, details in recordings that one has been listening to for many years (first as an LP and then as a CD) and have never heard before? I have two choral works  (so far) in my collection that no DAC except the Yggy has ever been able to play with so little distortion that I can now understand the lyrics they are singing.That includes The MSB Diamond V, the Benchmark DAC2, Auralic Vega, DragonFly Red, and many others over the years. If that's what distortion sounds like, then I'm all for it!

George

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

@Speed Racer What do you fear will happen if @manisandher posts, but you do not read it because you ignore him? You are letting fear control your posts. You are scared of something, but I don't know what that is. If you weren't, you'd just ignore him. 

He probably has his Yagi up for sale somewhere and is worried the resale value is going to take a hit. 

11 hours ago, semente said:

In spite of how "nice"/"pleasant"/"good" the Yggdrasil may sound to one or a handful of individuals, there are aspects of it's measured performance that (probably) affect "transparency" (or accurate handling of the recorded signal).

This may or may not matter to you but one shouldn't ignore it or play down it's importance, particularly for the reasons you have mentioned (in bold).

I have not listened to the Yggdrasil and for me measured or technical performance is probably more important that "word of mouth".

R

Since there are very few high end shops left these days and they tend to cater to home theater we are increasingly left to word of mouth Internet reviews on multiple sites."

I make decisions about what equipment to buy based upon reviews and especially feedback from those who own or have actually listened to the equipment. Many of those helpful comments come for CA.

...but I decide what to keep based upon how it sounds to me in my own system.

I have owned or built easily more than a dozen DACs but for me the Yggy has the most musical, detailed, and natural presentation of any of them including several well reviewed Saber based units, two of which cost more than the Yggy.

Would you buy a DAC just because someone said it tests well and then still keep it if you did not enjoy it?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

41 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

I can now understand the lyrics they are singing.

Hey, you are actually listening to the music now, no fair!

Actually, speaking seriously for just a minute, accuracy in reproduction and understandability are not perfectly correlated. Auditory perception is weird that way (and many other ways, as constantly attested by the "subjective" arguments here and elsewhere).

2 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

Oh gawd, now we have someone playing amateur psychologist....

Right back at you.  So far you've played amateur psychologist/mind reader when it comes to mani's intentions and professional fanboy when it comes to the Yggy.   

39 minutes ago, patagent said:

Right back at you.  So far you've played amateur psychologist/mind reader when it comes to mani's intentions and professional fanboy when it comes to the Yggy.   

Nice try...but you have failed. I have not attempted to psychoanalyze anyone. I don't have to be a mind reader to figure out that a certain someone has "issues" with Schiit or the Yggdrasil.

5 hours ago, mourip said:

Since there are very few high end shops left these days and they tend to cater to home theater we are increasingly left to word of mouth Internet reviews on multiple sites."

I make decisions about what equipment to buy based upon reviews and especially feedback from those who own or have actually listened to the equipment. Many of those helpful comments come for CA.

...but I decide what to keep based upon how it sounds to me in my own system.

I have owned or built easily more than a dozen DACs but for me the Yggy has the most musical, detailed, and natural presentation of any of them including several well reviewed Saber based units, two of which cost more than the Yggy.

Would you buy a DAC just because someone said it tests well and then still keep it if you did not enjoy it?

Maybe I should clarify that I find listening to be the ultimate arbiter; but experience has led me to believe that technical performance matters and most of the time the better performers also sound better to me.

There was a time when I "shortlisted" based in professional reviews; later I started searching and quizzing web-forums for opinions.

I no longer do that because the large majority of reviews tells you little about performance but instead describes how the reviewers responds to an equipment's sound according to his personal taste.

And since I can't get inside his head, such type of review is worthless to anyone but the reviewer.

The fact that many people like a certain product doesn't mean that it's performance (the accurate reproduction of the recorded signal) is good.

We all have our different requirements and expectations for our system and our favourite musical genres also play a part in defining the sound of our system.

This is why I prefer to "shortlist" based on measurements.

Measurements also sometimes help me identify possible causes for shortcomings, and it is this recognizing of shortcomings that will lead to real, effective upgrades.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)