IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

On 9/15/2020 at 11:47 PM, auricgoldfinger said:

I am seeing every post from every thread that I follow on my unread content page.  I hope we can get back to the way it has always been, seeing only the most recent post with the ability to go directly to the first unread message.  Thank you.

P.S.  Love the speed of the site now.

I'm seeing this happening again, just started this morning.

Edit: Ignore! ... Just tried again, in a slightly different way - and all is OK. Not sure what happened, was it a browser issue?

Testing some reputation displays on the site right now. Reputation is very important online and I'd like to see if this helps or hurts. Also, we have no feedback system for buyers or sellers in the Classifieds section, so this reputation may be another datapoint to help people. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.21.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.21.49 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

29 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Testing some reputation displays on the site right now. Reputation is very important online and I'd like to see if this helps or hurts. Also, we have no feedback system for buyers or sellers in the Classifieds section, so this reputation may be another datapoint to help people. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.21.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.21.49 PM.png

Chris, can you please share the formula how the reactions given and reactions received will have as result the community reputation?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Just now, matthias said:

Chris, can you please share the formula how the reactions given and reactions received will have as result the community reputation?

Thanks

Matt

HI Matt, I'm digging into that now. I control some of it, but not everything. Here is the part I control. You can see some reactions give a +1 while the others are neutral. The Dislike is a -1, but that's not enabled due to misuse by sophomoric people.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.59.32 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

HI Matt, I'm digging into that now. I control some of it, but not everything. Here is the part I control. You can see some reactions give a +1 while the others are neutral. The Dislike is a -1, but that's not enabled due to misuse by sophomoric people.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.59.32 PM.png

But then you would have +17855 community reputation with all points added from given and received.

Matt

5 minutes ago, matthias said:

But then you would have +17855 community reputation with all points added from given and received.

Matt

That's why I said the following

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm digging into that now. I control some of it, but not everything. Here is the part I control.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, davide256 said:

Its a very forgettable logo.

I'm not touching you taking the bait and rekindling that old flame, Chris.  

In an entirely new category of defamation.  What in the Sam Hill is your thinking behind this member reputation hullabaloo?  Who cares, who needs it, who even thinks this matters when clearly post count is a demonstrative enough metric to gauge many vital items off of.  It's all been downhill in this direction since some, probably well meaning, new member inadvisably gave you your first like in the "Album of the evening."  

35 minutes ago, rando said:

I'm not touching you taking the bait and rekindling that old flame, Chris.  

In an entirely new category of defamation.  What in the Sam Hill is your thinking behind this member reputation hullabaloo?  Who cares, who needs it, who even thinks this matters when clearly post count is a demonstrative enough metric to gauge many vital items off of.  It's all been downhill in this direction since some, probably well meaning, new member inadvisably gave you your first like in the "Album of the evening."  

My earpiece isn’t working. Did you say something?

:~)

48 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just used a reputation recount behind the scenes on my account a lost some points😢

Same for me, went down from 320 to now 287 points. 😭

Matt

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

73+14+60+140=287

The 2 and 9 don’t count because they are neutral. 

1F796902-CF41-4A26-A630-659C55495A21.jpeg

Yes, but this would make sense now when it is all points added from the reactions received.

But why then publish the reactions given when they do not matter?

Matt

@The Computer Audiophile is there any chance the “Mark Forum as Read” button can be moved so that it fits within the field of view on an iPhone Max?  It used to be, but with the updated site I have to flip my phone to landscape to see the button.

Landscape view shows the button:

C4F5B075-982C-432F-8549-5362FA6E57F9.thumb.jpeg.4c36b6ec4df779a66838c02da7c485ab.jpeg

The button goes missing in portrait view:

1410E1B7-26C4-488A-A3B4-95E558805E50.thumb.jpeg.af5a5e83f814c244eba10b910f1e35c3.jpeg

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

17 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

@The Computer Audiophile is there any chance the “Mark Forum as Read” button can be moved so that it fits within the field of view on an iPhone Max?  It used to be, but with the updated site I have to flip my phone to landscape to see the button.

C4F5B075-982C-432F-8549-5362FA6E57F9.thumb.jpeg.4c36b6ec4df779a66838c02da7c485ab.jpeg

1410E1B7-26C4-488A-A3B4-95E558805E50.thumb.jpeg.af5a5e83f814c244eba10b910f1e35c3.jpeg

I'll take a look.

26 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

OK, I checked it out on an iPhone Max simulation and see that the Mark forum Read moves to the bottom in portrait orientation. The code change involved in changing that and not causing a regression issue is a bit steep. If this is a major issue for people I can certainly start testing it.

It never hurts to ask and I I always want people to speak up with what they want. Otherwise I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, I checked it out on an iPhone Max simulation and see that the Mark forum Read moves to the bottom in portrait orientation. The code change involved in changing that and not causing a regression issue is a bit steep. If this is a major issue for people I can certainly start testing it.

It never hurts to ask and I I always want people to speak up with what they want. Otherwise I have no idea. 

Ah yes, I now see a hyperlink at the bottom. Works for me!

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

On 10/11/2020 at 6:25 AM, PeterSt said:

Something else: Do I notice correctly that we can't change our own OP any more ?

Apologies if I missed an announcement about that.

Or isn't that supposed to show up here:

image.png.1fb6e37c9583868dd9b7be6632b72aba.png

but in another button I can't find, elsewhere ?

Peter

Good morning Chris,

Maybe you missed my question there ?

Thanks !

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)