IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

@AudioDoctor

My Luxman DA06 is from 2014

Regarding to A+ v3 compabilty with some DACs, now I realized that in A+ download site has a disclaimer talking about it that includes Luxman' DAC, Teac, and others. There as special A+ v3 version, AudirvanaPlus_3.0.0.1-teac.dmg, to workaround but didn't worked to Luxman too.

I had to rolled back to version 2.6.6 and everything is working fine again with Luxman DA06.

I have already bought A+ v3 upgrade from v2, so I hope @damien78 could solve this issue as soon as possible!

Interesting... But you downloaded the "fix" version and it didn't work... Did you do an upgrade install or did you do a clean install?

No electron left behind.

What is the secret to upgrading?

Tried to with my most recent order#...didn't work, said I needed the order reference from 1.0 order...figured out how to get it from avangate.com site (been through a couple of servers and laptops since 2011)...tried order # from 1.0 and says it is invalid for an upgrade?

Have there been two paid upgrades since inception? The record show $49 in 2011 and $39 in 2011.

Tone with Soul

Erm, MQA is not lossless.

I'm only referring to the first stage of unfolding (88.2 or 96 kHz), which is supposed/claimed to be lossless (at least to 17 bits anyway).

I don't really care much for the rest of the unfolding and/or MQA format info as I have no intention to invest in a MQA DAC.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

First of all, I am really excited about A+ 3. My database includes 240k tracks, and database management is a HUGE step up. Same for SQ! A+ works smoothly on my system and always did so.

Two minor points I would like to address, though:

a) When I search for an artist in my database using the search field, the albums I get are in alphabetical order. I'd prefer them to appear in chronological order (year). How can I achieve that?

b) Cover art: A+ only displays the front cover of an album. I usually have both the front and back cover tagged in an album, though. Is there a possibility to switch between them in A+? If not: It would be great if that ability would be added.

Synology Rackstation NAS > 2012 MacMini SSD 16GB RAM > Audirvana Plus > Ayon Stratos > Ayon Helios > Marten Miles V

I'm only referring to the first stage of unfolding (88.2 or 96 kHz), which is supposed/claimed to be lossless (at least to 17 bits anyway).

I don't really care much for the rest of the unfolding and/or MQA format info as I have no intention to invest in a MQA DAC.

The compression is lossy, so what is unfolded has less information than what was folded. MQA claims the process is *audibly* lossless.

Anyway we've already had thousands of comments on the forum about MQA....

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Are you signed up for Tidal Premium? That's a Tidal thing, not A+. If/when you are (and have linked your Tidal account in A+ streaming prefs), in both the app and remote, under Tidal/New you can select Masters as a subcategory.

Okay I think I see where my confusion is. When I went to my iPad I navigated to Tidal, New, Masters...no problem. But on my iPhone, I'm not seeing the Masters category. Can anyone else confirm this?

Okay I think I see where my confusion is. When I went to my iPad I navigated to Tidal, New, Masters...no problem. But on my iPhone, I'm not seeing the Masters category. Can anyone else confirm this?

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the remote app?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

That file is only for the preferences of the software, it means when you make your choices in the Preferences Menu of A+... your dac, memory... volume... library...

See mine... every software that you have in your mac have that file there... Since now it is working, it should be there. If not, i don't know, strange. Your A+ application is copied in your Applications folder?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33983[/ATTACH]

Audirvana Plus is in my Applications folder. I just checked again for the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file in the preferences folder and it's not there. However, it must exist somewhere because when I opened A+ 3.1 after deleting all of the other files and rebooting, A+ already had my DAC, memory... volume... library... etc.

I did a search in Finder for the file and nothing turned up (even when showing hidden files). Weird, but A+ is working so I'm slightly curious, but not too concerned.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

Hello

Not sure if anyone had brought this up before. I use 3.0.1. I have not removed 2.6.6 but do not run both at the same time.

1) If i use custom option in forced upsampling, all the setup i make is changed to 384kHz when i switch the force up sampling setting. Basically it does not hold the custom setting i make and changes back to 384kHz.

2) For whatever reason the volume drops slightly if i go from any of the forced upsamling setting to DSD one.

As for the sound, I found 3.0.1 sound better than 2.6.6 but I found that standard oversampling now sounds better than DSD one. Just better reverb and attack than DSD and the sound is more specious.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

I only see the Masters category on my desktop Mac. No iPad or iPhone

I only see the Masters category on my desktop Mac. No iPad or iPhone

No issues with iPhone or iPad.

Maybe uninstall and reinstall the app

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

Anyone having problems with the system optimizer in A+ 3.x.x.x? When I enable it, regardless of the options selected, the program never finishes setting up the optimizer. Heck, I don't even know if it starts. All I know is that I have to turn the option off to play music.

I don't see this issue.

I turned it on and off and was able to play music without any issues. I have mine set at extreme with all the boxes checked.

I tried that but no change. No masters category on anything but desktop app

Interesting here is mine on my iPhone 6s.

IMG_0069.JPG

Huh, mine definitely does not look like that. Interesting for sure

Can you send a screen shot of yours? That would probably help Damien to resolve the issue.

Can you send a screen shot of yours? That would probably help Damien to resolve the issue.

Here is iPad (very old one actually)

IMG_0001.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Well I am not with it tonight. I was in the Tidal app instead of the A+ app. Lol It is there. It dawned on me after I looked at your screenshot

:)

One less thing for Damien to fix.

I don't see this issue.

I turned it on and off and was able to play music without any issues. I have mine set at extreme with all the boxes checked.

The Optimizer is running fine for me as well with the Extreme setting and all boxes checked.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

Hi

Still not sure but listening to some more music today I think I am liking DSD upsampling better (upsampled to DSD128) than standard upsampling now (was doing power of 2). Just a lot cleaner, fuller and less noisy. Some of the reverb is gone but I think it is better this way.

In any case, A+ is one magical software and sounds good no matter what setting you use.

Thanks Damien for your great work.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile