IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

who tells me how is the path of embedded hqplayer? ..... I can't load the library ..

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

no message ...... does not load it right ...... that's why I ask for the path

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

music is the folder

IMG_20210826_112031.jpg

sistema:

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm running into issues when I have two HQP Embedded installs running at the same time on different computers. Is this a known thing / supposed to happen?

Same as with NAAs, please make sure they have a different name! Otherwise you will have a naming collision in name based automated lookups.

On HQPlayer OS you can also edit /etc/hostname to rename the OS itself. But HQPlayer has it's own naming configuration. While NAA by default picks up the host name unless something else is explicitly defined.

On x64 NAA OS you cannot modify anything, and thus you can use only one instance of the image on your local network. On RPi4 NAA OS you can modify the naming freely as it's not running off a read-only RAM disk.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

20 minutes ago, Miska said:

Same as with NAAs, please make sure they have a different name! Otherwise you will have a naming collision in name based automated lookups.

On HQPlayer OS you can also edit /etc/hostname to rename the OS itself. But HQPlayer has it's own naming configuration. While NAA by default picks up the host name unless something else is explicitly defined.

On x64 NAA OS you cannot modify anything, and thus you can use only one instance of the image on your local network. On RPi4 NAA OS you can modify the naming freely as it's not running off a read-only RAM disk.

I renamed my HQP OS machine earlier and am sending audio to three different Rendus with different names. I'll fire up my renamed HQPe machine again and see what happens. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Running Roon and HQPe on same Linux machine. Playback stops every 3 or 4o tracks for seemingly no reason. The Roon log says this:

08/26 16:16:58 Trace: [zoneplayer/hqplayer] Lost endpoint (1) 
08/26 16:16:58 Warn: [zone HQPlayer] Track Stopped Due to LostEndpoint 

Given Roon is just handing off to HQPe, does the lost endpoint mean it can't communicate with HQPe on the local machine? I do't think it has anything to do with the actual audio endpoint I'm using because Roon doesn't know about that. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Running Roon and HQPe on same Linux machine. Playback stops every 3 or 4o tracks for seemingly no reason. The Roon log says this:

08/26 16:16:58 Trace: [zoneplayer/hqplayer] Lost endpoint (1) 
08/26 16:16:58 Warn: [zone HQPlayer] Track Stopped Due to LostEndpoint 

Given Roon is just handing off to HQPe, does the lost endpoint mean it can't communicate with HQPe on the local machine? I do't think it has anything to do with the actual audio endpoint I'm using because Roon doesn't know about that. 

What does HQPlayer log say about at that moment?

"Lost control" usually happens if something happens in HQPlayer that Roon didn't expect. For example if you touch any of the HQPlayer controls from other clients.

Other than that, there are two connections between Roon and HQPlayer. Control connection and audio stream.

43 minutes ago, Miska said:

What does HQPlayer log say about at that moment?

"Lost control" usually happens if something happens in HQPlayer that Roon didn't expect. For example if you touch any of the HQPlayer controls from other clients.

Other than that, there are two connections between Roon and HQPlayer. Control connection and audio stream.

I saw nothing in the HQP log that was interesting. It was the same as if I hit stop in Roon. 

I’ll get exact text for you. 

As part of my testing I then played only HQP without Roon, but left Roon running on the machine. Same issue. Then, I switched to CAPS20 running HQP OS and it has been playing for hours. 

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

As part of my testing I then played only HQP without Roon, but left Roon running on the machine. Same issue. Then, I switched to CAPS20 running HQP OS and it has been playing for hours. 

Same, HQP on same hardware will run 24/7 without interruption. Add Roon into the mix and I get stoppages occasionally. There is only one other cause and that's the MPR stream. It happens everywhere with them, the Webplayer, TuneIn, and Roon, so I can't blame Roon for that.

No electron left behind.

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

Same, HQP on same hardware will run 24/7 without interruption. Add Roon into the mix and I get stoppages occasionally. There is only one other cause and that's the MPR stream. It happens everywhere with them, hte Webplayer, TuneIn, and Roon, so I can't blame Roon for that.

I'm totally taking the network out of this as well. I just connected the USB DAC to the machine directly. I don't want to be told it's my network. All music for this testing is local as well. 

OK, just confirming that the music stopped playing :~)

Linux server running both Roon and HQPlayer. All music stored on the SSD of the Linux server. DAC connected via USB to the server as well. Only network activity is remote control telling Roon to start playback. 

Next is to stop Roon from running on the Linux server to see if HQP plays fine. Last time I used only HQP I didn't stop Roon from running and I had the same issue. 

18 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, just confirming that the music stopped playing :~)

Linux server running both Roon and HQPlayer. All music stored on the SSD of the Linux server. DAC connected via USB to the server as well. Only network activity is remote control telling Roon to start playback. 

Next is to stop Roon from running on the Linux server to see if HQP plays fine. Last time I used only HQP I didn't stop Roon from running and I had the same issue. 

All this and yet Roon will still not acknowledge that the problem lies with the Roon software.

No electron left behind.

Jussi a question
can I mount the external music disc on the bootable stick where there is HQP E?
if so what command should I use?
Thank you.

sistema:

4 hours ago, giordy60 said:

can I mount the external music disc on the bootable stick where there is HQP E?
if so what command should I use?

It is auto-mounted, you don't need to perform any commands.

Recommended file systems are ext4 or FAT32. Also exFAT is supported, but it may or may not work properly. One of my servers has exFAT disc and it works fine.

well, we did a step forward .....
the music disc is an exFAT filesystem
so I have to deduce that it might not work well or I insert an incorrect path ....

sistema:

2 hours ago, giordy60 said:

well, we did a step forward .....
the music disc is an exFAT filesystem
so I have to deduce that it might not work well or I insert an incorrect path ....

Just checking that you are talking about HQPlayer OS? On HQPlayer OS, storage is auto-mounted under "/run/media".

thanks Jussi!  👌

sistema:

I am still having problems with getting correct Nvidia drivers installed on Ubuntu server. I tried the following:

echo 'deb http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x86_64 /' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cuda.list
sudo apt-key adv --fetch-keys https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x86_64/7fa2af80.pub
sudo apt update
sudo apt install nvidia-dkms-470
sudo reboot

Result no CUDA offload in HQPlayer.

I then I installed nvidia-smi to see what version is installed and it reports 470 so it looks like the drivers is installed but not working.

Then I installed:

sudo apt install nvidia-driver-470
Then CUDA works in HQplayer, but now I got a desktop installed as well which is really annoying, because now my server goes to sleep after 20 minutes. It is only if I login to the desktop and disable sleep it will not go to sleep as long as I log in each time I start the server. So not really headless anymore.

Are there another version than nvidia-dkms-470 that will work with hqplayer embedded?