IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

Many thanks @Miska! I'm fine then, using poly-sinc-ext2 as well as Adaptive output rate (with the May being able to take 48k based DSD rate as well).

My DDR4-3600 CL19 modules are G.Skill SniperX Digital.

@StreamFidelity, the DDR4-4000 CL14 modules I was looking at are G.Skill RipJaws V (as we're both in Germany I'll link to Mindfactory here: https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/32GB-G-Skill-RipJaws-V-schwarz-DDR4-4000-DIMM-CL14-Dual-Kit_1419219.html)

13 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I have had this working before but for the life of me I can't get it to work now.

How do I set up HQP Embedded to accept streams from Audirvana?

If HQPlayer Embedded is functional in general, it should appear as-is in Audirvana as UPnP output device. It doesn't really need any special setup (note that I've only tested on Audirvana 3.x not on the latest).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

4 minutes ago, Miska said:

If HQPlayer Embedded is functional in general, it should appear as-is in Audirvana as UPnP output device. It doesn't really need any special setup (note that I've only tested on Audirvana 3.x not on the latest).

weird, Audirvana sees it and tries to play, but nothing plays. This was on the latest 3.5 and I do not have Studio.

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.49.14 PM.png

No electron left behind.

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

Any hints in HQPlayer log file? HQPlayer works standalone or from Roon? Or mConnect Player for example works?

Nothing looks obvious or out of the ordinary in the log. It works with everything else, including the HQP Client from this same Mac mini.

No electron left behind.

4 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Nothing looks obvious or out of the ordinary in the log. It works with everything else, including the HQP Client from this same Mac mini.

There should be some attempt visible from Audirvana, such as item added to playlist (queue) and attempt to play it. And maybe some failure then?

But you could email me log file with noted time stamps when you attempt playback from Audirvana.

Last time I tried it with 3.5 it worked just fine (and gapless too).

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

There should be some attempt visible from Audirvana, such as item added to playlist (queue) and attempt to play it. And maybe some failure then?

But you could email me log file with noted time stamps when you attempt playback from Audirvana.

Last time I tried it with 3.5 it worked just fine (and gapless too).

Last time I tried it, it worked fine too...

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

After I restart my HQPe machine and try to play to it using UPnP, playback takes a good 10-20 seconds to start. After that, playback is immediate. 

Usually long delays are related to things like DNS lookup.

I have not seen such behavior on my testing, but OTOH, I have two caching DNS servers in the local network, etc.

Quick question @Miska:

I use the filters from @mitchco for my SR1a headphones in the Convolution engine of HQPlayer Embedded. I think I need to set a value of 19.5 for Gain compensation (which I have done, see screenshot of log), but just to be sure: in the other screenshot from the log I see both a dB value for impulse response and for the convolution filter. Do I need to add these, or am I fine with my 19.5 value? 

Interestingly, and more as a side comment, when I first entered that 19.5 value I turned the volume knob on my amp waaaay down, because 19dB is a lot - but actually it doesn‘t seem to make much of a difference on actual listening volume. Must be calculated somewhere else I guess. Or am I missing something here, or doing wrong? (I also tried entering +19.5 at first before, but the + is not accepted, whereas the - is)

D64AE7CF-4FE2-4B71-9658-5436E0E6BE38.jpeg

E4A3A5F3-9F05-4F0A-B115-79E59ADC9471.jpeg

7 hours ago, Bertel said:

I use the filters from @mitchco for my SR1a headphones in the Convolution engine of HQPlayer Embedded. I think I need to set a value of 19.5 for Gain compensation (which I have done, see screenshot of log), but just to be sure: in the other screenshot from the log I see both a dB value for impulse response and for the convolution filter. Do I need to add these, or am I fine with my 19.5 value? 

There are two different gain estimates calculated for convolution filters. As you can see the figures differ. But if you add some positive gain compensation, keep eye for a long time on your Limited counter that it stays 0 at all times. When it comes to correction filters, it may take long time before some 0 dB signal happens to hit some peak boost frequency. Easiest way to check your gain compensation is to play a 0 dBFS frequency sweep and keep eye on Limited counter while doing so.

Miska, I am still in the process of building a machine just to run HQP up to DSD 128 and I wonder if you have worked with the 5900X to see how much work HQP makes it do? I ask because I am evaluating ways to keep it cool with as little noise as possible. Currently I am considering the Noctua NH-P1 with one of the NF-A12x25x120 LS-PWM fan in a Meshify Compact case with no other fans. All the data I can find on the internet regarding this is evaluating the chip on all cores and in games or things like Blender and I am not sure how that would translate to use in HQP.

No electron left behind.

36 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Miska, I am still in the process of building a machine just to run HQP up to DSD 128 and I wonder if you have worked with the 5900X to see how much work HQP makes it do?

I have just 5800X. With ASDM7ECv2 modulator core load to DSD256 is around ~76%. With ASDM7EC something around 65%.